Your favourite guitar riff/solo on T2L ?

Mr. ORANGE

Your favourite riff/solo/guitar part on The 2nd Law ?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite riff/solo/guitar part on The 2nd Law ?

• Supremacy - main riff
    • Supremacy - bridge
    • Madness - solo
    • Panic Station - solo
    • Survival - main riff
    • Survival - outro solo/riffage
    • Animals - verse
    • Animals - chorus
    • Animals - outro riff
    • Big Freeze - solo
    • Save Me - solo
    • Unsustainable

Supposedly. That riff is miles better than Supremacy's though.

You can copy paste from exact time but then you can't embed it (on this board).

I think Matt mentioned it in an interview once, around the time Survival came out or something. You can see the similarities anyway

I think Matt mentioned it in an interview once, around the time Survival came out or something. You can see the similarities anyway

Pretty sure the story came from a fan who met them outside the studio while they were still recording the album and apparently Matt said to them that there was a song on the album that used a drop A riff that came from that one they did in CE. Don't know if he actually said in an interview though.

Pretty sure the story came from a fan who met them outside the studio while they were still recording the album and apparently Matt said to them that there was a song on the album that used a drop A riff that came from that one they did in CE. Don't know if he actually said in an interview though.

This is what I remember.

Pffft something like that then. He definitely said it somewhere though

I like it when you find 'early versions' of songs in live doodles. Like the MK Ultra riff being played before Starlight years ago, that was quite cool

Really? I didn't know that. If you have a link can you post it?

Literally was just looking for it but can't find it anymore. Used to be a link to it on the musewiki page for the song but it's disappeared

Time to show off my google skills.

[YT]

[/YT]

EDIT: Dom be FAST. 2fast4me

Wondering now what other early riffs/snippets of stuff we've heard before they were turned into songs

Take a Bow

B&H

MK Ultra

USoE was one I think? Swear I may have heard something about Cross Pollination too

Supremacy

NSC

Stockholm Syndrome

/offtopic

Wondering now what other early riffs/snippets of stuff we've heard before they were turned into songs

Take a Bow

B&H

MK Ultra

USoE was one I think? Swear I may have heard something about Cross Pollination too

Supremacy

NSC

Stockholm Syndrome

/offtopic

Ya Cross Pollination is in some video in a studio. Not one from a live gig. Then again I may be thinking of B&H.

Ya Cross Pollination is in some video in a studio. Not one from a live gig. Then again I may be thinking of B&H.

Might be Abbey road, I remember something about that. And I think USoE was live somewhere...I think

B&H was definitely played live, and on some Japanese TV thing

Wow that sounds exactly like it. Never heard that before. Odd considering I have listened to the performance at Abbey Road quite a few times.

Yeah I remember going back to it after the song came out and noticing it.

Also, I remember when I heard the Seattle pro shot I thought "this piano part should be in a song"

Archived