2013.03.16 - US Airways Center, Phoenix AZ

AguanteRiver

Damn, thanks for the info! Should come in handy. So, would you recommend a hotel near the University, and then just take the rail there? Are the hotels near ASU expensive?

I won't be getting there till Saturday, leaving Tucson probably after 10. So no meet up for me.:$

Damn, thanks for the info! Should come in handy. So, would you recommend a hotel near the University, and then just take the rail there? Are the hotels near ASU expensive?

I won't be getting there till Saturday, leaving Tucson probably after 10. So no meet up for me.:$

I'm on the same boat actually, I need some info on hotels around the area :happy:

I read a bunch of bad reviews about some motels so I have decided to stay either in a Holiday Inn hotel by the airport or this Hilton hotel south of Phoenix, they're both 20 minutes away from the venue, yeah :$

Ick. Yeah, I can't help much with picking hotels because obviously, I don't need one here. All I can do is tell you where things are. Apart from the light rail, public transportation around Phoenix is a pain; buses don't run often enough and you fry in the sun while waiting for them unless you time it just right.

So, just know what you're getting into I guess. I stayed at an airport hotel for the LA gigs and hated it, the airplanes were way loud at night and there's nowhere to eat after the gig (I had lunch at 3 PM and nothing after ok? :LOL:), plus you spend too much money on cabs. I don't want to do that again. :noey:

If anyone cares, these are the free parking lots where you can leave your car and board the light rail. http://raillife.com/light-rail-info/phoenix-light-rail-park-and-ride-locations/

Also, bring your allergy pills if you need them, there's pollen flying everywhere. :( Hooray for spring.

One week, guys! :D

Hopefully we'll have similar weather next week while we're all waiting, minus the rain. These mid 50s to low 60s is great weather.

I know the Hard Rock is right there, but I honestly have no idea when it closes. There's a bunch of stuff in that downtown area, you just gotta look it up I think more than anything.

Just a heads up the weather looks bad (as in hot) for the gig. 90 degrees as the high, obviously for some that's awesome weather, for others like myself I hate the heat lol. So make sure if you're lining up you bring lots of liquids and possible an umbrella to stay out of the sun. I'm probably lining up around 12pm I really can't be bothered to line up earlier in the heat lol

I'm gonna freeze a bunch of water bottles, and throw them in a cooler with ice and more water bottles for the early queue-goers. I'll bring sunblock too, although I'll still get burned, you can count on it. It's for a good cause, remember that when you're a puddle of :facemelt: on the sidewalk.

:LOL:

Is there a good website to try to find GA tickets besides craigslist? I got a couple friends who really want to come.

Also, will there be people at the arena selling GA tickets? Is that even possible? aren't they all paperless?

Every single time I've been to USAC, the arena is surrounded by scalpers selling tickets and people trying to buy last minute tickets. You'll see them everywhere, although idk how much they charge at that point. Also, if I were you I'd check ticketmaster on Friday at 10, that's when they'd have to release the last tickets, if they have any they were holding back.

(My GA ticket wasn't paperless, it was Will Call, so scalpers certainly got to them.)

First time posting, question about GA.

I'm coming from Los Angeles and plan to line up early. I didn't buy my tickets through a presale. I was lucky enough to get them on Ticketmaster after the Staples show. Are all the GA tickets paperless? That's what mine is. I know that Staples had special lines for GA and paperless tickets. I would assume that this arena would be the same?

First time posting, question about GA.

I'm coming from Los Angeles and plan to line up early. I didn't buy my tickets through a presale. I was lucky enough to get them on Ticketmaster after the Staples show. Are all the GA tickets paperless? That's what mine is. I know that Staples had special lines for GA and paperless tickets. I would assume that this arena would be the same?

There is actually 5 tickets I just saw open in section 115. Its really good seating, I know it's not GA, but you wont have to pay over face value for these!

Not sure how USAC handles paperless vs. non paperless GA, but this is USAC so I'm not expecting anything as efficient as Staples unfortunately. :p

So...two more days, people! :awesome: I just bought a 24-pack of water bottles and restocked my dwindling sunblock supply...bring on Saturday! Everyone get ready for summer weather (if you're out of state, here it ain't summer unless it's triple digits).

That said, Gameworks meet tomorrow y/n? I don't mind going over there but it would suck if my sis and I were the only ones who went. :LOL: And the amazing Catherine since I'm her ride around town.

Hi everybody! I made a last minute rash decision and will be flying out for this gig, however, I do NOT have a ticket. I'm going out there on a Leap of Faith that I can somehow get a GA ticket. Please please please, if anyone knows of someone with an extra GA, PM me. I'd hate to waste the hundreds of dollars on a flight, but I'm really hoping something will come through. I look forward to meet you all out in the queue line. I will be there bright and early!

It was 95 degrees today.....95....ugh.

How early is everyone going?

Does that surprise you? :LOL:

Not sure how early yet, I'm gonna talk it over with my Muser carpool when we meet tomorrow. GameWorks is on guys, I'll bring my group over around 7 maybe, but some people are coming into town later, so come whenever you can; the place is open til 1 AM. Muse shirts not required, but a plus. :happy:

Sorry Marko, I only bought the 1 GA :( I would be very surprised if people weren't selling them tomorrow though, so hopefully you can still get one.

While we're in the queue we could tweet pictures of our hot, sunburned faces to Tom and Dom A, maybe we can get a pity Sunburn out of the band. :LOL:

The Vegas queue has it easy, they'll be indoors. :indiff: We should get something special just for showing up before noon!

/this will never happen and I know it. :supersad:

Archived