The 2nd Law HD Download Problem

Jeimuzu

Hey guys, just wanted to check if anyone else has had this problem.

I decided to pre-order the album online for download rather than get sent the CD.

I've got the email sending me a link to my download but its not connecting. It just keeps saying loading or problem with server. My internet is fine and Im about to email customer services.

I know it possibly may be just many people downloading the album but I just want to make sure.

Any advice?

Hey Jeimuzu, see the T2L discussion thread just down the forum - you're far from alone; the machines these files are being served from are obviously creaking under the demand.

You'll probably get there in the end - clearly some of us are being luckier than others. If all you're getting are server timeouts just keep trying. If you run into the "Downloaded too many times" error, shopsupport@muse.mu should be the first address to try.

I've had the same issues....have emailed the shopsupport@muse.mu address and the email address given in the actual download email, but with no response as of yet.

Guessing it's a fairly common problem that could easily be avoided.

Number of pre-ordered download copies = amount of capacity needed for people to make the download. Simple.

Good job I ordered the hard copy too.....

Hi, I've received an email that contain my download link and i click it and download but i got a 1.2kb .zip file.. That is not the file size and i tried tto redownload it again but it says i've already download it to the maximum time allowed.. How can i get my album?

I've been having the same problems. I managed to get to 660MB before the server cut me off and wouldn't let me resume the download, and after the same thing happened again.

Now it's also telling me that I've reached my download limit so it doesn't look like I'll be getting this album any time soon. I've emailed the muse shop support to report the problem but it could take a couple of days for them to reply to me.

Not impressed at all with how poorly the album download system is working, looks like quite a few other members are having problems with dropped downloads and dial-up download speeds.

I've been having the same problems. I managed to get to 660MB before the server cut me off and wouldn't let me resume the download, and after the same thing happened again.

Now it's also telling me that I've reached my download limit so it doesn't look like I'll be getting this album any time soon. I've emailed the muse shop support to report the problem but it could take a couple of days for them to reply to me.

Not impressed at all with how poorly the album download system is working, looks like quite a few other members are having problems with dropped downloads and dial-up download speeds.

Same thing happened to me. Let me know if you manage to resolve it!

There's an update saying they're having technical problems (major understatement...:rolleyes:) and they're working on finding a solution. So we'll have to be patient a little longer. For now I'll just enjoy listening to my CD.

Purchased the HD download thru .mu I got the link email and each time i tried got cut off after a while so now my 3 download attempts are up. Sad that they weren't prepared for today's traffic. Oh well looks like I will have to get my official download that I payed for from another source in the following days. Sad.

Purchased the HD download thru .mu I got the link email and each time i tried got cut off after a while so now my 3 download attempts are up. Sad that they weren't prepared for today's traffic. Oh well looks like I will have to get my official download that I payed for from another source in the following days. Sad.

Surely they'd know a lot of people would be trying to use it at once :erm: Why more thought doesn't go into these processes, I don't know.

Hi guys

The HD Redemption page is back up again http://muse.mu/the2ndlawdownload. Essentially our Digital Service Provider (who support the downloads on the webstore) had a bug related to allowing the downloads to be pause/resume-able that ended up erroneously hammering the download server, leading to all the freezing/dropouts. This has been replaced by an alternative service so you should hopefully been able to redeem your download without issue now. Obviously massive apologies for any inconvenience and frustration. Your codes have been reset so you can go back to the page to redeem your download.

Anyone that simply bought the HD download directly and tried to download today may find the link they were sent working better now, but they will also be emailed a redemption code tomorrow so they too can go to page and redeem their HD download via the alternative service.

Once again sorry for any hassle

Thanks

Webstore Customer Service

Looks like they've fixed the link now and sorted out the issues of restricting downloads.

Mine just came through in 9 mins!

Now listening to it in Fidelia via a Headroom Total BitHead DAC/Amp through my custom IEMs. Very nice indeed, just got to get my hands on a newer DAC which can handle a 96/24 signal without down-converting it. Still sounds awesome!

Hi guys

The HD Redemption page is back up again http://muse.mu/the2ndlawdownload. Essentially our Digital Service Provider (who support the downloads on the webstore) had a bug related to allowing the downloads to be pause/resume-able that ended up erroneously hammering the download server, leading to all the freezing/dropouts. This has been replaced by an alternative service so you should hopefully been able to redeem your download without issue now. Obviously massive apologies for any inconvenience and frustration. Your codes have been reset so you can go back to the page to redeem your download.

Anyone that simply bought the HD download directly and tried to download today may find the link they were sent working better now, but they will also be emailed a redemption code tomorrow so they too can go to page and redeem their HD download via the alternative service.

Thanks

Thank you!

Hi guys

Thanks

Thanks.

What about the 4 corrupted songs found in my download? I hope the new one I'm downloading is fine.

Or else :fear:

I just downloaded the FLACs but when I try to extract them, I get the message 'Either multiple or corrupt zip archive'. I can't extract any of the files. Any help?

Happened to me for four songs, the first time. Try to open with 7zip if you're not using it already. If it happens again, re-download.

Archived