Radio 1Live Interview with Matt

MuseFX

I've just found this:

http://www.einslive.de/musik/interviews/2012/09/120904_muse.jsp

It's in german and I've translated it with google translater, so it's not the best english;).

:)

Interview with Muse mastermind Matthew Bellamy

GAMES WITHOUT FRONTIERS

By Marcel Anders

Actually, could the British Muse are relaxed under the palms. After 3.5 million units sold of their last album "The Resistance" Matthew Bellamy & Co. in the world of football stadiums, the Olympic ceremonies and Hollywood friends have arrived. But that does not provide for such artistic standstill, but for even more courage and risk - with a work called "The 2nd Law", which proves to be a risky experiment.

Live Large event: Muse

1LIVE: Matt, you have "The 2nd Law" billed as "Christian gangsta rap with jazz elements and a touch of dubstep." So bad it's not come.

Matthew Bellamy: (laughs) That was just a joke to annoy a few people who always have to know everything first. Can not wait until they get to hear the whole thing, but already have an exact defined opinion - and also spread, which I think is unfair. Especially to the fans who are looking forward to really, who are open to surprises and just want to enjoy themselves.

1LIVE: What have you taken as a reason to keep the songs this time for extra long under lock and key?

Matthew Bellamy: It was something of a lioness growls all who come too close to her cubs. Easy for our art, so our songs, not lose their surprise. Because then it is worthless. But to get back to the original question: A little Dubstep is definitely at the start. Christian music is not so much. And as far as gangster rap, I would say this is probably the only genre to which we would never dare. Although: Who knows?

Open in all directions: Matthew Bellamy

1LIVE: Are you on the dubstep of Skrillex & Co., just across the slop out of the U.S., or the origin of these influences?

Matthew Bellamy: I think indeed any, that would be an American thing. But in London, it has been around for quite a while. So at least five years. And I always found it exciting. Only because of the madness energy packed in there. Lately, the whole thing has reached a new level of hardness. In the sense that more and more towards rock, if not metal goes - with the heaviest Mosphit, there is. What I find very interesting. Even if I did purely because I never dare.

1LIVE: Another innovation is the growing contribution of bassist Chris to tape output. Finally, he experienced here his debut as a singer and songwriter.

Matthew Bellamy: He has always written music. So far, but not in a form that would have fit on a Muse album. For it was largely instrumental pieces without sophisticated melodies. But now he has overcome his personal crises, does not drink anymore, a lot of sports, and is much more concentrated. This is also reflected in his songs he comes with a lot more confidence, and not only excel with powerful ideas, but he has also for the first time led to its logical conclusion. What I think is great. Because it takes so also the pressure and responsibility of mine to always have to do everything alone.

1LIVE: And what's the deal with the cryptic album title itself? He plays on the "Second Law of Thermodynamics" to or what is the connection to the music?

Matthew Bellamy: Basically, this law states only that the energy resources on Earth subside and will one day be exhausted. Nevertheless, we as people commit the mistake of swimming against it, and to act as if that were not the case, and as if it were always so on, as before. Which is based either on ignorance or ignorance. Because we need energy to survive. We can not afford to always consume only, instead of looking for alternatives, and because sometimes slow to be booked a few successes. But we are just human - we make mistakes and tend to close their eyes, instead of really changing anything. And that is the common thread that runs through this album. Where we use the whole thing as a metaphor. About in terms of relationships, in which one can get carried away even against their better judgment. Or take "survival", we wrote for the Olympic Games. Because it's about his personal energy to last exhausted, broken, in order to succeed. What, however, must not be limited to sports. But it also stands for human effort, always make everything better - regardless of whether it succeeds or not.

1LIVE: So pretty progressive ideas?

Matthew Bellamy: Why not? I think it's important to think about the future - and to share my personal ideas with others. Because if you do not talk about problems, they will also not. And rock music is a great medium to reach as many people - and to act more effectively as an Internet blog or something of that nature

1LIVE: That is how revolutionary Matthew Bellamy is in his views - and how much trouble he has therefore already received?

Even the lights and cameras has Bellamy - here at the side of Kate Hudson - long accustomed

Matthew Bellamy: So much. What simple fact is that I say what I think - and so often anecke. Even if I always try to be friendly and maybe even funny. Only comes not always that way. Certainly not in the U.S., where I was rejected ever at the security checkpoint and the plane on which I was booked to enter not allowed. And that's just because I ripped my hand luggage in controlling a joke. This then meant that it was said. "We can not leave them in the terminal" And every time I want to travel to America, I have to follow. No idea why. This must have to do with the passport, which I lost in 2007, and it has apparently taken care that I was on a list of suspects. Anyway, I will every time taken to a separate room, where I am questioned and endure all this personal information about me must process. - And this is the point - I live six months a year in Los Angeles, and my son has even citizenship.

1LIVE: Maybe you should also endeavor?

Matthew Bellamy: Perhaps I should really. Only: Then I would have upset me more about what happened in this country. And that would not be healthy.

1LIVE: So you're still part of "The Resistance" - the creative resistance?

Matthew Bellamy: Of course! And I think, to express his displeasure in a creative way, the most important thing - and the only effective. I mean, it's so easy to take up arms, and in his rage to kill each other. But to pack his feelings into words, melodies and songs that have relevance and appeal to a broad audience, which is damn hard.

1LIVE: The question remains, what can we expect from the upcoming tour and the 1LIVE radio concert.

Matthew Bellamy: In any case, no wavering towers! Because that was just too much - and we had plenty of Spinal Tap-moderate problems. Ie situations where the hydraulics failed, the structure began to falter, and we are no longer able to concentrate on playing. In this case that's the most important thing. So: The show is also important, but if the performance is not right, the trappings still be so great. And therefore we will take it back some. Which does not mean that we give up visual elements such as videos or LCD screens, but I'm floating again not determined 15 feet above the stage. I've had enough of it.

1LIVE: Matt, you have "The 2nd Law" billed as "Christian gangsta rap with jazz elements and a touch of dubstep." So bad it's not come.

Matthew Bellamy: (laughs) That was just a joke to annoy a few people

Heh, it was pretty accurate so far.

1LIVE: What have you taken as a reason to keep the songs this time for extra long under lock and key?

Matthew Bellamy: It was something of a lioness growls all who come too close to her cubs. Easy for our art, so our songs, not lose their surprise.

Yet they've given us 4 songs and the album's not out yet...

Certainly not in the U.S., where I was rejected ever at the security checkpoint and the plane on which I was booked to enter not allowed. And that's just because I ripped my hand luggage in controlling a joke. This then meant that it was said. "We can not leave them in the terminal" And every time I want to travel to America, I have to follow. No idea why. This must have to do with the passport, which I lost in 2007, and it has apparently taken care that I was on a list of suspects. Anyway, I will every time taken to a separate room, where I am questioned and endure all this personal information about me must process. - And this is the point - I live six months a year in Los Angeles, and my son has even citizenship.

lol TSA

Matthew Bellamy: In any case, no wavering towers! Because that was just too much - and we had plenty of Spinal Tap-moderate problems. Ie situations where the hydraulics failed, the structure began to falter, and we are no longer able to concentrate on playing. In this case that's the most important thing. So: The show is also important, but if the performance is not right, the trappings still be so great. And therefore we will take it back some. Which does not mean that we give up visual elements such as videos or LCD screens, but I'm floating again not determined 15 feet above the stage. I've had enough of it.

This is good. Nice visuals without distracting them could make for some good shows and it's something fans have been asking for a while now.

Interesting interview!

Interesting what he said at the beginning about the joke about the christian, gangsta, jazz rap thing :LOL:, and nice as well. I think the need to guard the songs to make the surprise worth something is associated and I understand what he is getting at, I think. :)

Alarming that he is still having to go through a vetting procedure at US airports for a joke he made years ago, or whatever it is about, just incredible really. :noey:

And good that they are reconsidering the stage thing, however amazing it was, not good if it was so inconvenient and uncomfortable for them.

Great interview. I like Matt's attitude in regard to bringing in the political stuff, and the concepts into the music, the creative resistance. :)

I just love Matt! :happy:

Incidentally I get the gist of the majority of the interview but I don't really understand this bit. Any ideas?

1LIVE: Maybe you should also endeavor?

Matthew Bellamy: Perhaps I should really. Only: Then I would have upset me more about what happened in this country. And that would not be healthy.

That's right after he says that his son is an American citizen. It's suggested to Matt that he also gets US citizenship.

Oh okay, thanks. Perhaps there is needed a union jack flag there and the exclamation. "Noooooo!" :LOL: But what does he say afterwards, about that being upsetting and unhealthy? I don't get that either.

Thanks. :)

Oh okay, thanks. Perhaps there is needed a union jack flag there and the exclamation. "Noooooo!" :LOL: But what does he say afterwards, about that being upsetting and unhealthy? I don't get that either.

Thanks. :)

that he would get even more upset/worked up about what is going on in 'this' country (the US ?) and that that wouldn't be healthy. (the old stress/anger/blood pressure joke i guess)

that he would get even more upset/worked up about what is going on in 'this' country (the US ?) and that that wouldn't be healthy. (the old stress/anger/blood pressure joke i guess)

Oh okay thanks. Yes it is difficult to know which country he is talking about. The interview says its Radio

1 but it's German, so I don't know where the original one is. Does Germany also have a Radio 1? It may have been a phone interview in which case "this" could refer to where he actually was, but I think you are right that the US would make more sense in the context.

Oh okay thanks. Yes it is difficult to know which country he is talking about. The interview says its Radio

1 but it's German, so I don't know where the original one is. Does Germany also have a Radio 1? It may have been a phone interview in which case "this" could refer to where he actually was, but I think you are right that the US would make more sense in the context.

the website url is einslive, which means one live. (i know the netherlands have a radio 1 as well, it's pretty common i guess)

Also, my german is pretty rusty (and still the article makes more sense than the google(?) translation :stunned:), but i think 'diesem Land' could be translated as 'that country' just as easily. It refers to the country they were talking about, so i'm pretty sure 'diesem Land ' refers to the US

the website url is einslive, which means one live. (i know the netherlands have a radio 1 as well, it's pretty common i guess)

Also, my german is pretty rusty (and still the article makes more sense than the google(?) translation :stunned:), but i think 'diesem Land' could be translated as 'that country' just as easily. It refers to the country they were talking about, so i'm pretty sure 'diesem Land ' refers to the US

You're right. :happy:

German (personal) pronouns and articles. :eek: That little bitches. :fear:

You're right. :happy:

German (personal) pronouns and articles. :eek: That little bitches. :fear:

Thanks to both of you for helping me understand. :)

Archived