Survival debuts at #25 in UK Chart

Maneachicken

I suspect its position will fall next week, I mean it was the surge of Muse fans buying it the minute it came out that probably made it chart, commercial radio likely isn't going to touch it, not right away at least. I would however be very surprised if it doesn't chart relatively high once the Olympics start.

6 in the iTunes chart anyway.

For how that compares to other singles...

Invincible - 21

Map of the Problematique - 18

United States of Eurasia - Not eligible

Uprising - 9

Undisclosed Desires - 49

Resistance - 38

Exogenesis - Not eligible

MK Ultra - Not eligible

Neutron Star Collision - 11

Survival - 25

It will easily drop out of the top 40 by next week, the majority of sales will have come from the die hard muse and cheese fans. It's just not that great of a song.

But Maroon 5 with Payphone is that of a great song? :LOL: You're killing me...

I should have put it's not that great of a 'Muse' song. In my opinion payphone is crap but it's obviously near the top of the charts because it's catchy and the chart buying public love that shit.

My point is that the UK Chart is no measure for greatness. A song like Survival won't top any such list no matter how good it is.

My point is that the UK Chart is no measure for greatness. A song like Survival won't top any such list no matter how good it is.

I never said the chart was a measure for greatness but if it was a better song it would be much higher up the chart as more people would buy it obviously. eg. PiB, SBH, NB

Muse never have been a big chart topping act when it came to singles. If you want to use this as a gauge for how good people thought the song was then compare it to the chart positions of all their other releases normalised to things like albums sold and other general trends of popularity.

I think if we did that we'd find the the singles of Origin of Symmetry were disproportionately popular compared to The Resistance.

I never said the chart was a measure for greatness but if it was a better song it would be much higher up the chart as more people would buy it obviously. eg. PiB, SBH, NB

That's not obviously. If the song is more mainstream, it'll have a bigger chance to make success. 'Survival' is a mess tbh, and I don't blame people for not liking it. I love it though.

• 2 weeks later...
Might climb back up after the impact date

This is the first Muse song that might actually have a chance and climbing back to it's entry position because it's going to be heard a lot more than it was upon official release...but, given the nature of the song, I don't think that'll happen.

This is the first Muse song that might actually have a chance and climbing back to it's entry position because it's going to be heard a lot more than it was upon official release...but, given the nature of the song, I don't think that'll happen.

It's not exactly radio/listener friendly

Archived