How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I'm surprised nobody's noticed, but at 3:42 in Survival, Matt's ghostly, wailing falsetto can be heard. Does anyone know just how high the note is that he's hitting? It sound pretty darn high.

I noticed it on the first listen, it's the same as the first verse live for Knights of Cydonia :LOL:

He just sings it in his normal falsetto instead of the funny female opera voice he uses at the end if you get my drift

:yesey:

I think that final note is the funniest thing I've heard in a Muse song. I actually thought it was one of the female choir members at first.

He just sings it in his normal falsetto instead of the funny female opera voice he uses at the end if you get my drift

I agree with you, but I still think it's an octave higher, it's really hard to hear that, but there's a difference

(we're talking about 3:42 to 3:48 right?)

I agree with you, but I still think it's an octave higher, it's really hard to hear that, but there's a difference

(we're talking about 3:42 to 3:48 right?)

Listen to my clip above. There is no way in hell that it's a G#6. That there's a difference is because he sings the note differently. Doesn't mean it's an octave higher. Do you realise how much an octave is?

Listen to my clip above. There is no way in hell that it's a G#6. That there's a difference is because he sings the note differently. Doesn't mean it's an octave higher. Do you realise how much an octave is?

Yeah I do, but I just listened back to it 10 times, and I'm still convinced it's an octave higher

The last note, he sings two notes at once?

Edit: we'll obviously not at once, recorded himself twice

Hmm nope, just one voice+choir in the last note. And if there would be another voice, it's the same octave.

:LOL: Why?

Because it's horrible :p

Again: if the song didn't have that last note, it would have been way better. It's still great though.

Matt doing a chest note an octave lower(G#4) would have been sooo much better. And he could have done it live to make up for the Bb4 earlier in the song that he will most certainly avoid.

Archived