2012.10.18 - Bercy, Paris, France

L.

When I first listen to the album, I didn't like Explorers. It seemed very close to Invincible but without the solo... But this song is amazing live.

Here is the set list :

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Supremacy

Map of the Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Panic Station

Animals

Monty Jam

Explorers

Falling Down (Piano version)

Host (First half)

Time Is Running Out

Liquid State

Madness

Follow Me

Undisclosed Desires

Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Uprising

Knights of Cydonia (Man with a Harmonica intro)

Starlight

Survival

nice long set list...and no hysteria...I would hate to see Muse live and not hear Hysteria.

Well, not so much feedback but that gig took place in France, and everybody writes in English here, that may be the reason.

Anyway, great gig as usual BUT, this is the first time I see Muse on stage 100% confident and relaxed as soon as the 1st song, which is weird really. I think they're becoming a bit like bands like Radiohead (wait for it!) in a way that, when they come on stage, it feels like "hi we're here, we know you're happy, you know you're gonna have a great time so let's start with it". Whereas before, Muse was not so popular, and you could see the stress and the fear to fail in their eyes, and it used to feel like "we're gonna blast your hears people!", and you could see their happiness growing on stage.

Well I think it's normal, they're not getting any younger, they did so many things that now the atmosphere is far more relaxed, and I do think that they feel better than before on stage but the result is less of that collective hysteria in the crowd.

Anyway, I went to Paris with no tickets with friends who had some standing tickets. I managed to buy a ticket from the ticket office during the 2nd opening band. They overfilled it, I paid 78e for a sitting tickets (they said standing were no longer available) and I was sitting in the stairs, many people were standing because no seats were left but still, they kept on selling tickets (very slowly). The standing crowd was unbelievable, some people were behind the screens of the technical area and some people were even sitting on the tables were the tour merch was sold, and I doubt they saw anything. For my part, I was with people who were not happy to be where we were and you had to move all the time to see the stage because of people standing in front of you (in the sitting area). Next time, I won't be going to Bercy anymore. Some people bought their tickets on time and ended up standing! For 80euros!!!

Eventually, this was an excellent gig if you compare to other bands, but it was not Muse's best (best for me was the Haarp Tour in Paris, because it was the 1st French stadium and they played just one day, as well as Arras festival, when France took Brasil in the world cup semi finals during the show and they modified the setlist to "celebrate"!!!)

Due to registration problems I was unable to give a feed back on time. Better late than never, then. Bercy was amazing despite of the fact that we could hardly see the stage from our standing position (same with the upper platforms whilst none of us was especially small :D). The staging was brilliant, conceptual, of technological influence but less icy than the previous one. With a piano that definitely enhances the aesthetical experience. With a touch of this wonderful British sense of humor especially on Madness and Survival at the very end of it. But I won’t tell you more to keep up the fun!

The atmosphere was a bit different too. Always crazy and blowing but a little bit more intimate. With moments of pure beauty: Animals, Explorers. Host and (a must) Falling Down. Muse is getting mature, and I personally love it! We heard a young guy saying that it was a girly gig. A bit excessive and definitely funny IMHO! He probably early forgot the crowd exploding into tremendous hysteria at the fist notes of Plug in Baby, Starlight, Stockholm Syndrome and TIRO. A pity he did not catch the subtle beauty of this new frequency…

Also pretty new: Matthew jumping from the stage to greet peoplle. Duetting with the camera up to compete with Robbie Williams’ best seduction strategies :p! Nice to see him feeling free, indeed. And very nice too hearing Chris singing. At last a set list pretty well balanced between new and old songs. Of course, Bliss and Sunburn will always miss but remains hope that is not a dream but a way of making dreams reality!!! To all of you whose gig’s ahead… lucky people… be assured that the 2nd Law tour worth it. Enjoy!!!

Well, not so much feedback but that gig took place in France, and everybody writes in English here, that may be the reason.

Anyway, great gig as usual BUT, this is the first time I see Muse on stage 100% confident and relaxed as soon as the 1st song, which is weird really. I think they're becoming a bit like bands like Radiohead (wait for it!) in a way that, when they come on stage, it feels like "hi we're here, we know you're happy, you know you're gonna have a great time so let's start with it". Whereas before, Muse was not so popular, and you could see the stress and the fear to fail in their eyes, and it used to feel like "we're gonna blast your hears people!", and you could see their happiness growing on stage.

I can see what you mean, even Matt just seems so confident and is really enjoying himself. I've never seen him move so much on stage, especially without an instrument in hand.

Bercy was the first time I've been seated for a Muse show so although it meant I could better take in the amazing stage set-up, not being in amongst the craziness of the front of the pit dampened my overall experience.

So so happy they played Falling Down, seeing it live was beautiful. (Now if only they'd sack off Undisclosed Desires and replace it with another surprise from Showbiz/OOS...)

I've been so used to them being more aloof and reticent on stage, so it was a shock to see Matt suddenly develop into a showman: running around with a just a mic mugging off to the camera while singing and holding hands with fans on the barrier etc.

I was disappointed there was no guitar in Follow Me, and interested to see Morgan playing the guitar parts in Starlight - made me miss the days when they played live as a three-piece.

My highlight though was Animals, it sounded IMMENSE and the visual of the City trader having a breakdown was moving. Dom's ninja moves during Uprising also didn't disappoint :)

** Also I've never experienced an arena show with unreserved seating: the crazy rush for the best seats is like the rush for the barrier! When the doors opened I was one of the first hundred or so people to get in and we were all sprinting the whole length of the arena concourse almost knocking over those people selling earplugs, and then turbo-charging down the stairs to grab the seats closest to Matt.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I am looking for some information about Bercy.

I am off to see swedish house mafia in december and have Cat1 tickets "Assis non numerotes" I understand these are seated, however that they are not allocated seats?

Is this correct? Did anyone have this ticket for the Muse concert and if so was it easy to get a good spot or did you arrive very early?

Also another long shot, can anyone recommend a hostel nearby please?

I'm sorry about it being a tad off topic but this seems to be the only place I might be able to get some information about concerts at Bercy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I am looking for some information about Bercy.

I am off to see swedish house mafia in december and have Cat1 tickets "Assis non numerotes" I understand these are seated, however that they are not allocated seats?

Is this correct? Did anyone have this ticket for the Muse concert and if so was it easy to get a good spot or did you arrive very early?

Also another long shot, can anyone recommend a hostel nearby please?

I'm sorry about it being a tad off topic but this seems to be the only place I might be able to get some information about concerts at Bercy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Cat1 tickets "Assis non numerotes" is non allocated seated.

For a good spot, it depends on the artist and the day of the concert.

Which concert will you see?

Cat1 tickets "Assis non numerotes" is non allocated seated.

For a good spot, it depends on the artist and the day of the concert.

Which concert will you see?

Thank you for your reply!

I am seeing Swedish House Mafia in December! I guess if I want to be in the back middle seats I will have to arrive early!

Archived