2012.10.18 - Bercy, Paris, France

L.

Why wouldn't the gig happen? But yeah I agree gig attendees should provide some feedback :) Would be nice.

Sorry, was being a bit sarcastic there 'cos it's like it never happened! I am just surprised that nobody has fed back on the gig yet. I saw the setlist on t'internet but no reviews.

Hello,

I was in yesterday evening. That was a good gig but it misses something to be a BIG show. All the songs was the same in the gig and in the album so I was a bit disappointed. Also, all the public ask for "New Born" and they played "Stockholm Syndrom".. I think it miss a bit of "Madness" ;)

But in the end, that was pretty good.

perhaps it's because the majority of people who went to this gig (and MontP) don't use this board much?

I like the idea of the split in threads. People who have been can post their pics and vids in it rather than it getting lost in 20 pages of setlist banter.

Maybe if people find a vid on youtube etc they could post the link in the appropriate gig thread rather than the setlist banter thread? that would be helpful.

Come the London gigs, the gig threads will probably explode

Maybe people didn't have Internet and hadn't been able to update these gig treads..

Yes I'm pretty sure that's the case!

I will tell you this though about Bercy, the queue outside for general admission standing was bloody awful.. It snaked around the upper gardens in the mud and rain. Took 30 mins to get in at 7pm.. Only just caught the support act

I was at Bercy yesterday and it was amazing ! If you are going to see them on this tour, I strongly recommend you to avoid watching videos or reading reviews. I think it's better to discover the show live.;)

The set list was great. We had MOTP, Stockholm Syndrome... It was a great surprise to see them play Falling Down. They played 10 songs of the new album which is a lot. I think they should play more old songs (Bliss, New Born, Citizen Erased,...). However all the new songs are great live and I loved Explorers on the piano.

Also, it is the first time that I see 17 000 people jumping at Bercy for plug in baby... it was crazy !

It is the best stage I have ever seen for a Muse gig. There are screens everywhere, lasers and the pyramid was unexpected.

I couldn't find a tour program... Does anyone find one ?

This show looked even more fucking awesome than Montpellier! I think the more they ease into touring again the better the shows are gonna get. I've tried not to spoil it too much for myself, especially in terms of the visuals but they already look a million times better than the TR tour. It's more understated even though it's an OTT statement with a giant upside-down pyramid that eats the band :LOL: Can't wait til I get to see them! :D

Great photos! :D

Not even sure if I am supposed to post here, as I didn't attend the gig, but just to say that I'm not sure this thread split is working. It controls the beef, which is good, but we are getting next to no feedback on the gigs. :(

I see what you're saying, but in this case, I really do think it's because the people that attended either have not had a chance to report back, or else they are not regular boardies. I mean, this thread is what, 8 measly pages?? So not very active.

The sexy plane thread is locked until the next gig, so no one would be posting stuff on there instead anyway, and the setlist/tour thread is not gig specific either, so the individual gig threads are the likely place to post pics and videos.

Sorry for the lack of comments, we're trying to recover !

So, amazing show last night. I thought it was much better than 2009, mostly due to the set design. Seriously that stage was perfect, and for the seats people must have had a great view on the lowers screens.

Nice work on the visuals, the Panic Station ones were fun, and on Uprising.... I couldn't stop laughing at the screens :LOL:

Seemed to me that Matt has finally realised he's a frontman... Obviously it's all scheduled, but still, it was weird to see him act like this, singing without guitar or directly at the video camera...

Setlist was good, I wasn't expecting Falling Down ! Almost the entire new album but i'm ok with that :D Really like Explorers (I seem to be alone in that case...).

Though among the news ones, I still have trouble with Follow Me... Bass sound on chorus is really too loud when you're close to the scene, and Matt's acting was just too much on this one.

The crowd was great, went crazy on the classics (TIRO, PiB, KoC...), everybody was singing.

And thinking this was only the second show... This tour should be amazing.

It was much better than 2009 in Antwerpen, mostly due to their behaviour:happiness, the song quality and the set design ! The stage is simply beautiful, everyone in the arena should have a good view and enjoy the show, and the new songs live are:eek:

Setlist was good, evenf if it could be improved : replace explorers and UD by SFA and dead star:p

But, to be honest, IMO : unsustainable/supremacy, follow me, animals, liquid state were the beasts of the night ;) Stockholm and uprising were really good also.

To conclude, I think they have here the possibility to show to the world their supremacy ! Bring back one or two great oldies (fury, dead star, assassin, showbiz, MM, megalomania, or whatever) and it will be their best tour ever !

Setlist was good, I wasn't expecting Falling Down ! Almost the entire new album but i'm ok with that :D Really like Explorers (I seem to be alone in that case...).

When I first listen to the album, I didn't like Explorers. It seemed very close to Invincible but without the solo... But this song is amazing live.

Here is the set list :

The 2nd Law: Unsustainable

Supremacy

Map of the Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Resistance

Panic Station

Animals

Monty Jam

Explorers

Falling Down (Piano version)

Host (First half)

Time Is Running Out

Liquid State

Madness

Follow Me

Undisclosed Desires

Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

The 2nd Law: Isolated System

Uprising

Knights of Cydonia (Man with a Harmonica intro)

Starlight

Survival

MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS:::

I've just come back from Paris. The gig was awesome! I loved the stage, it was changing almost all the time, Dom changed his outfit, Matt went down to greet fans (!). I think that whatever we think about The 2nd Law, this band is still developing. Kate was also there, she joined technicians, and she seemed a bit uncomfortable with fans staring at her;)

I queued 2 hours in the rain. As always Muse was worth the money, time, and all inconveniences.

Reviews: true, I noticed that this gig was rarely commented on even before it happened. I don't know why.

Kate's first kid was there too, and really enjoyed the gig apparently, singing and jumping all the time, a pwoper little Muse fan :happy:

that's cool that kate's first kid is a Muse fan...you know his dad is a musician as well; maybe matt can teach the boy a few things? After all Matt's son Bing is half brother to Kate's first child.

Archived