2012.10.16 - Park&Suites Arena, Montpellier, France

L.

I got the hotel name from Lee. It's the nearest I could find.

We can meet up first at Gatwick.:)

I've got some maps printed out. I'll photocopy them for you. That hotel we're staying at really needs a taxi

Kranky68 - do you think our friend might be able to drop me and charming queen off - i think she did offer to drop me back after the show.

It looks like the venue has multiple entrances. This could get confusing :rolleyes:

err yes, i just heard about that so we need a plan of attack.. i may try to buy a european muse t-shirt before walking as fast as i can (or just running) to the barrier.

If we arrive in working hours tomorrow we could call into the venue to find out where's best to start queuing. I'm sure they'll be able to help :)

It would also be nice of the venue to allow queuing fans to use their toilet facilities like they did at the roundhouse. even better if theres a coffeeshop inside the venue.

[/color][/color]

Kranky68 - do you think our friend might be able to drop me and charming queen off - i think she did offer to drop me back after the show.

I reckon she'd probably do that no problem, like you said she offered for you before

err yes, i just heard about that so we need a plan of attack.. i may try to buy a european muse t-shirt before walking as fast as i can (or just running) to the barrier.

I'm hoping that if running is required (probably will be...) that I don't do a swan dive to the floor like I did at Olympia - never been so embarressed :$:$

It would also be nice of the venue to allow queuing fans to use their toilet facilities like they did at the roundhouse. even better if theres a coffeeshop inside the venue.

We may be able to find this out tomorrow with luck, along with the correct place to queue...

When I went to Lievin in 2009 (it's such a small and obscure place, even the French Muser "L" didn't know that place existed:LOL:). There were portakabin loos and mobile food van in the ground.

I am hoping there will be similar facilities for Montpellier.

A question to people who know the Montpellier airport.

Is it possible to walk from the airport? I am not worried about distance as I do a lot of walking but are there footpaths? It looks like a lot of busy roads with nowhere to walk?

The airport and the arena are close to each other but I would recommend to take a taxi as there are no footpath and the speed limit is pretty high there. I'm sure you don't want to die before the concert haha ;)

The airport and the arena are close to each other but I would recommend to take a taxi as there are no footpath and the speed limit is pretty high there. I'm sure you don't want to die before the concert haha ;)

not planning on that :LOL: but i do have to get in a plane to get there *yikes*

We are here!

Only got 2 hours sleep due to nerves about flying (held out till almost the end of the flight) and excitement about the gig. Am knackered now.

Venue looks nice at night but there are 5 or 6 doors to queue at and no indication as to which one or ones lead into standing. (except 2 are marked as VIP)

French Musers who know the venue - can you help explain which door is for standing and which is for seats? Or can you queue at any?

All very exciting - Kirky said they will play Falling Down :eek:

bags are packed, tickets ready. see ya soon

You will have to use a taxi to go to the hotel. 15 Euros.

I spoke the the man at reception, he said you can check in earlier than 1pm, and leave your bag in the room behind the reception desk.

You can walk to the arena, they will show you the safer way.

Staff speake good English and nice.

See you tomorrow.

edit:

Talked to the night reception whose English is less good- you can take the tram to the arena, station Boirargues direction Perols, €1.40, 2 stops to Station Parc expo which is outside the arena. Except it takes 20 minutes walking to the tram station, walking to the arena takes 30 minutes.

Archived