How exactly does Muse sound like Radiohead?

Xvm27

From Wikipedia:

"A number of celebrities have been upset by Yorke's alleged rudeness. In 2001, Kelly Jones, the lead singer of the Welsh band Stereophonics, referred to Thom Yorke as a "miserable twat"[55] (a comment he later retracted).[56] In 2002, Jack Black claimed to have approached Yorke to congratulate him on his solo show at the Bridge School benefit concert in San Francisco, only for Yorke to ignore him and walk away. Referring to the incident, Black stated in an interview: "I heard later that he's famously cold, and it wasn't just me that he despises, but the whole world."[57] After completing a trek of Kilimanjaro in 2009, Ronan Keating was asked by an interviewer which celebrity he would most like to throw off a mountain. Keating named Yorke, and referred to him as a "muppet", stating that Yorke was once rude to him.[58] In the same year, Miley Cyrus and Kanye West also complained about Yorke's alleged rudeness.[59]

[edit] "

Rumor is too that he turned his back and walked away from Kate Hudson the same day she hooked up with Matt.

I think he's just selective, not an asshole.

Don't know what point you're trying to prove here. Thom Yorke does have "celebrity" friends and all that, just he only seems to talk to people who interest him. Kid A came about from Thom listening to the radio with Bjork and being deeply offended by bands like Coldplay, who cite Radiohead as an influence.

Also Thom Yorke has children with his long-term partner, so that rumour is a bit stupid.

Do you really think the fact that Thom Yorke has a girlfriend was going to stop Kate Hudson from trying to flirt with him? :chuckle:

I'm not trying to prove anything. Someone asked "what I'd heard", so I posted it.

Now that you mention it though, it only serves to delineate even more so that he's an asshole here:

"Thom listening to the radio with Bjork and being deeply offended by bands like Coldplay, who cite Radiohead as an influence."

What kind an asshole gets "offended" that he has influenced another artist's work? (A successful one at that?) He should be flattered and/or honored -- even if he doesn't like them. What a dick. I also saw an interview at some point where he gets all offended because someone told him they they like to shag to Paranoid Android. Something tells me if someone were to tell Matt that they like to shag to Stockholm Syndrome, he'd think it was hilarious. :LOL:

I also saw an interview at some point where he gets all offended because someone told him they they like to shag to Paranoid Android. Something tells me if someone were to tell Matt that they like to shag to Stockholm Syndrome, he'd think it was hilarious. :LOL:

Are you sure you watched that interview, because I'm pretty sure he DID think it was hilarious...

What kind an asshole gets "offended" that he has influenced another artist's work? (A successful one at that?) He should be flattered and/or honored -- even if he doesn't like them. What a dick. I also saw an interview at some point where he gets all offended because someone told him they they like to shag to Paranoid Android. Something tells me if someone were to tell Matt that they like to shag to Stockholm Syndrome, he'd think it was hilarious. :LOL:

Perfectly fair for him to be offended by it. If you knew anything about his taste in music, you'd get it - http://boilerroom.tv/thom-yorke-30-min-mix/

I was once told by a girl her boyfriend would listen to one of my old bands while they had sex. I was a bit creeped out by it, fucking hilarious though.

Hmmmm. They usually are in caps automatically when you click on the emoticons -- which I did. :( Oh well!!

The board prevents you from writing too much caps. If your post is long and 100% caps, the board will change it automatically.

No, I'd say the majority of Muse fans are avid fans of the band and they are able to critique the band and say when they do not approve of something, while with the RH fanbase, it is so taboo to say anything relatively negative about the band. People seem to get so touchy if you give off the hint that you might not love everything that spews out from Thom York's ass.

Case in point...

No, the problem comes when people so blatantly misrepresent the band's work, make armchair-psychology imputations about their motives and generally show an ignorance of ten years' worth of music that they've written.

That does get annoying.

Archived