Song Muse/Matt put the most heart into?

Xvm27

What's the falsetto note in bliss? I think the falsetto in Bliss has been good this tour as well.. Or has it been better?

G5. I don't like it anymore tbh. And yeah he does avoid it every now and then.

His notes around C5-F#5 are great these days though. So much thicker and powerful. (For example Tiro and Survival falsetto)

His notes around C5-F#5 are great these days though. So much thicker and powerful. (For example Tiro and Survival falsetto)

Oh, yeah I see what you mean by avoiding it now.

I agree about that, I was really impressed with the Survival falsetto both times especially the last one

What was the falsetto note of the "woohooo" after Knights at o2? His highest ever?

This is not a subjective opinion. It's a wrong one.

Ok, ok, ok. I'll be only happy if you really believe in what you are saying. I don't want his voice to get worse either. But I've noticed this and i am not the only one. Can you prove your point? I mean something that would persuade me to change my WRONG opinion?

Ok, ok, ok. I'll be only happy if you really believe in what you are saying. I don't want his voice to get worse either. But I've noticed this and i am not the only one. Can you prove your point? I mean something that would persuade me to change my WRONG opinion?

"hey guys, I've noticed that the mediterranean sea is yellow with red dots here and there"

"no it's not, you're wrong. See?"

"can you persuade me to change my WRONG opinion?"

You can't form a definite opinion on something that is based on facts. If you don't know what you're talking about then you're wrong - you don't know anything about the technical side of singing and the effects that he uses on his voice, making your opinion wrong.

He sounded a lot more strained back in the day than today.and playing one piano doodle doesnt really have much to do with singing. He definitely doesnt rest during songs, he pushes himself a lot more now.

Matt is what, 35? And he's still hitting notes he struggled with 15 years ago, and he does it on a more regular basis than he has ever done.

Granted, his falsetto has lost a bit of its power, but that's pretty much inevitable when you age, not to mention that he has been pushing it to its limit since 1999. And he's still hitting his highest notes ever. A5 during agitated just under a week ago? Not to mention a full B4/C5 during Yes Please. He's also hit a bunch of C6s in the past 3 years.

I agree with all of this. Basically, this is what I meant.

And of course he's still hitting his highest notes! But can he sing the whole song in the highest notes as he used to? No. That's why I've pointed out Micro Cuts. It sounds a bit like shrieking now, unfortunately.

I agree with all of this. Basically, this is what I meant.

And of course he's still hitting his highest notes! But can he sing the whole song in the highest notes as he used to? No. That's why I've pointed out Micro Cuts. It sounds a bit like shrieking now, unfortunately.

Yes he can. Follow Me is a lot harder than Micro Cuts as falsetto is always easier for him. Follow Me relies on hard chest notes the whole time, making it one if the hardest songs to sing on a regular basis, much harder than Micro Cuts. You can't really compare falsetto with chest register though. Even then the latest performance of Micro Cuts was very stellar.

You can't form a definite opinion on something that is based on facts. If you don't know what you're talking about then you're wrong - you don't know anything about the technical side of singing and the effects that he uses on his voice, making your opinion wrong.

That's all very nice. I just don't understand why it is getting personal. Look through this thread you'll see that `i am not the one who thinks so, luckily.

Yes, his voice has changed and deepened. The only thing I mean it became way more limited. Wouldn't you agree that his singing is much more, I'd say, careful now?

That's all very nice. I just don't understand why it is getting personal. Look through this thread you'll see that `i am not the one who thinks so, luckily.

Yes, his voice has changed and deepened. The only thing I mean it became way more limited. Wouldn't you agree that his singing is much more, I'd say, careful now?

It's not getting personal. Of course there are other people, who think the same, you obviously didn't think that you're the only person wrong on this planet?

What exactly are you agreeing to? The thing we're trying to get across is, that his range has become better and LESS limited.

In your previous post you implied that he sounds like shrieking nowadays. Uhm, that's what he sounded like back in the day. He screamed, switched to falsetto more often to avoid difficult notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPS9pP1zs0

This is the best example of this.

Yes he can. Follow Me is a lot harder than Micro Cuts as falsetto is always easier for him. Follow Me relies on hard chest notes the whole time, making it one if the hardest songs to sing on a regular basis, much harder than Micro Cuts. You can't really compare falsetto with chest register though. Even then the latest performance of Micro Cuts was very stellar.

I perfectly understand this. But do you agree that his falsetto lost its power? It is too obvious to deny it.

But this is not the most important. People didn't understand what I meant. For me personally, Matt's performance generally is much weaker than it used to be. Plus all that half-skipped lines in certain songs, all that resting, not playing the New Born intro just draws not very good picture of them now.

And in advance: may be my opinion is wrong. And if it's mine it's right for me. Stop being so serious, guys! Seems like I've insulted your best feelings.

For me personally, Matt's performance generally is much weaker than it used to be. Plus all that half-skipped lines in certain songs, all that resting, not playing the New Born intro just draws not very good picture of them now.

For us personally, you're wrong.

edit:

And in advance: may be my opinion is wrong. And if it's mine it's right for me. Stop being so serious, guys! Seems like I've insulted your best feelings.

You seem the one so uptight about it. We just told you why you're wrong, and yet you keep saying it's your opinion. But saying that a performance is weak because Matt doesn't play the New Born intro is hardly an opinion.

I perfectly understand this. But do you agree that his falsetto lost its power? It is too obvious to deny it.

But this is not the most important. People didn't understand what I meant. For me personally, Matt's performance generally is much weaker than it used to be. Plus all that half-skipped lines in certain songs, all that resting, not playing the New Born intro just draws not very good picture of them now.

Generally falsetto gets weaker with age, but Matt's falsetto isn't weak yet. He has chosen a more technically perfect approach to hitting the notes instead of the screamy way he did them before. The final note in Survival is probably his most impressive falsetto note ever.

Please elaborate on the resting part, I don't get what you are trying to say.

Yes, but that's pretty much guaranteed with age and almost everything else about his vocals has gotten stronger anyway :erm: Even if you like his old vocals more, it's a fact that his voice is stronger nowadays.

It's not getting personal. Of course there are other people, who think the same, you obviously didn't think that you're the only person wrong on this planet?

What exactly are you agreeing to? The thing we're trying to get across is, that his range has become better and LESS limited.

In your previous post you implied that he sounds like shrieking nowadays. Uhm, that's what he sounded like back in the day. He screamed, switched to falsetto more often to avoid difficult notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXPS9pP1zs0

This is the best example of this.

I see. I love it still. It's not about better or worse, but I like it more. Not to mention there are more examples of brilliant performance of this song at early times:

Can you prove your point? I mean something that would persuade me to change my WRONG opinion?
Did you even bother to look at the million examples I gave you a few pages ago?

It's not that we get upset because you say Matt's voice is worse these days, it's that you ask us to prove our point and then completely ignore it when we do, only to go "it's only my opinion". Especially when you were the one who started this by disagreeing with someone who said Matt's voice was better these days.

Not to mention that you seem to change your points as soon as they get countered.

"It just sounds like shrieking now"

"But it sounded like shrieking back in this old performance too"

"That's what I love about Muse, why aren't they more like that nowadays."

I see. I love it still. It's not about better or worse, but I like it more. Not to mention there are more examples of brilliant performance of this song at early times:

What the hell are you on about then? You say that you don't like shrieking, forced shit vocals and you love this while disliking the current stuff? I think you should just drop it as you don't even know yourself what you like and are arguing against.

Archived