james90

Not really much point. I've got a year left here, then I'm spending a year in Japan, then I'm back here for another year, and then I'm back off to Asia for the foreseeable future. Wouldn't be able to get anything long term going gigwise, and I have uni and a job to deal with as it is anyway.

It is indeed. The Polytune, Wah Probe, Fuzz Probe, Fuzz Factory, Freeze, Memory Man, Small Stone and Stereo Pulsar are all the same type of standard 9V centre negative power supply, so yep, you could daisy chain if you wanted to. :)

No way in hell it would all fit on one, trust me. I did buy one first, just to see for size, even though I was pretty sure I'd need a second, but when it arrived and I experimented with what could fit in, I went straight online and ordered another which came the following day. The space on the right of the Kaoss Pad will be filled by the GR-55 next year.

Oh, you think so, huh? :rolleyes:

[HIDDEN=- IT'S AMAZING WHAT DIFFERENCE]

18052009fromhumblebegin.jpg

Guitar

Yamaha Pacifica 012

Amp

Roland Cube 15

Effects

Digitech Whammy IV

Other

Korg CA-30 Chromatic Tuner

Korg MA-30 Metronome

Line 6 Pod GX

Shubb Talon Stand

Stagg Picks[/HIDDEN]

[HIDDEN=- A FEW YEARS CAN MAKE]15052012forumupload.jpg

Guitar

Manson MB-1

Amp

Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special 2 x 12

Effects

TC Electronic Polytune

Z. Vex Vexter Wah Probe

Z. Vex Vexter Fuzz Probe

Z. Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory

Digitech Whammy DT

Dickinson D1 Overdrive

Electro-Harmonix Freeze

Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man Tap Tempo

Electro-Harmonix Small Stone

Electro-Harmonix Stereo Pulsar

Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Boss RC-300 Loop Station

Other

Diago Tourman Pedal Boards

Dunlop Moonshine Glass Slide

Pro Co Cables

Tortex Picks[/HIDDEN]

I didn't realize you got the second pedalboard

And yeah, a few years can make a big difference.... :ninja:

at 15 I was mainly using a pacifica (had a few others too, but my best guitar was a $400 SG) and an old mesa amp (actually pretty nice, but i got tired of that sound)

at 17 i got some nicer guitars, which i then sold most of at 18 to buy that tele (still have this obviously)

can't remember anything after that

I didn't realize you got the second pedalboard

I only got it yesterday afternoon, so I figured I may as well just post the picture up once I'd got everything sorted out. I had two days off work, so after the first one was delivered on Monday, I was pretty lucky that I could get the second one ordered and delivered within 24 hours. I must say my floor in that area looks a hell of a lot cleaner now all the wires and cables are concentrated in place instead of just everywhere, and the black base of the pedalboards makes them less noticeable. Still a bit of a mess by the power supplies but I think I just have to live with that.

I might get a single power supply at some point in the future once I know that I've got everything else I want but it's not really a priority at the moment. They're all getting the power they need so I don't really need to spend any more money on that kind of thing for the time being. It may well prove more convenient in the future, but for the moment I'm okay with it how it is at least.

Or put it all in a rack using midi controlled loops and control all from 1 pedal, been using this sort of setup for the last couple years and it's great, I can do multiple combinations of pedals and channels on the VH4 l with 1 All Access pedal (excuse the rubbish camera phone photo)

rig.jpg

I had massive pedalboards for years and just took up too much floorspace :)

cheddatom, it is, but the last one I had (just one of those generic ones that are included with most marshall amps) broke after a while, so I wanted to get something slightly better.

I'm not sure how you break a footswitch, but you could build one into your pedalboard. I've done this before, just wired a footswitch to a jack socket and screwed it into my pedalboard. Just trying to make room for you - you can never have enough peddles on your board.

Yeah Bs, out of anyone on here I really REALLY think you should get a MIDI setup

The thing is, I'm not sure I can really justify it. I've spent a lot of money on these things, granted, but I'm reaching my limit now of what I'm prepared to spend. After the custom is done, I'll be getting the GR-55, and with the possible exception of a volume pedal if I have space and I can find one to my liking, I don't have many plans to spend anything else.

In addition to that, most of my pedals wouldn't benefit from being in a MIDI set up. The probes I obviously need to hand, the Whammy and Memory Man I'm always changing set up on, the Freeze has different options depending on my use, and I need to be able to change the rate on the Stereo Pulsar and stuff like that. Polytune I need to see the screen, so that only really leaves the Fuzz Factory and Small Stone, which would be a bit of a waste of time. The Kaoss and Loop Station wouldn't be practical like that either, because I need access to all the controls.

It would end up being a lot of money for something a lot less practical. In some set ups, obviously it's a great option, but I just can't see it being practical and financially justifiable enough to be worth me setting it up like that.

You can change the settings on the Whammy via midi, same with the KP. How often do you actually change the settings on things like the Memory Man, Fuzz Factory and Small Stone? You can mount them in a rack within a drawer so you can just slide it out and change the settings very easily. I moved to a midi system about a year ago and I'd never think of using a conventional pedalboard ever again, it's just too much hassle tap-dancing and when moving things about.

Memory Man's Tap Tempo so I change delay time for each song appropriately. Small Stone and Fuzz Factory I leave most of the time as they are. Stereo Pulsar depends on the song...I dont use it or change it too much, just every now and then. The probes would have to be out still, and I don't know about stuff like the Dickinson and Freeze. I could give it some thought I suppose, but can't spend that kind of money for the time being anyway.

You can change the settings on the Whammy via midi, same with the KP. How often do you actually change the settings on things like the Memory Man, Fuzz Factory and Small Stone? You can mount them in a rack within a drawer so you can just slide it out and change the settings very easily. I moved to a midi system about a year ago and I'd never think of using a conventional pedalboard ever again, it's just too much hassle tap-dancing and when moving things about.

what's your MIDI setup exactly? if my pedalboard gets any bigger, I might consider doing something like that

A MIDI setup would add even more equipment and with a setup as large as that, it is better to have freedom to change everything at a moment's notice.

MIDI setups are far too rigid. If you're doing too much tap-dancing, you're probably using too many effects.

what's your MIDI setup exactly? if my pedalboard gets any bigger, I might consider doing something like that

I have a Behringer FCB1010 controlling a Behringer Virtualizer Pro and Guitar Rig 4 (Both for my modulation) and then two G-Lab 2x Midi Loopers, one has a tubescreamer and a big muff in its loops and the other I use as a midi controlled AB box. I don't even really use the two pedals mentioned.