james90

I love the stratocaster !

What kind of strat is it James ?

It looks like a Mark Knopfler signature strat but the color seems to be Fiesta Red and not Hot Rod Red.

it's a japanese made '62 reissue :) and yeah, it's fiesta red

lasted a good while, but once my setup "evolved" it got trashed (sound familiar Bs? :ninja: )

Very! :chuckle:

I don't know how I put up with it for so long though to be honest. I've got most of my settings figured out on my new set up now, and holy shit, that tone! It's phenomenal! One hell of an amp, plus the Dickinson for the heavier riffs and a bit of harsher overdrive, the fuzz for the Bellamy stuff, the Fuzz Probe for all my crazy feedback and insanely random noises - it's a beast, the Wah Probe, sweet jesus, I've never heard anything like how it sounded last night. Through the amp or the Dickinson, it's absolutely unreal - sounded fucking incredible! Whammy DT for all my pitch shifting and drop tuning needs - works perfectly and brilliantly, Memory Man tap tempo for beautiful delay - need to put that in the FX loop though as all my settings on that are getting messed up at the moment by the extra gain, and the rest of the modulation stuff for whatever. Honestly, it's so so versatile. I can get so many sounds without even having to change any settings. I was playing last night, and I've never sounded that good, ever. I love it when a plan comes together!

tl;dr? Spend shitloads of money on gear and life will be great.

Nice, so did you sort out that problem with your FF not sounding right? And what pedal board(s) do you plan to buy?

Oh and btw, you were in my dreams again... why do you keep doing that? :joker: I had a dream that they finished your guitar before mine and it was posted on the works website. I wasn't happy about that.

Haha, yeah, I think so. I just had to play with the settings a bit. It's still probably a bit different, but close enough that I'm happy with it anyway. When I get an amp stand, I can make final tweaks if I need to, but it's all good enough at the moment.

And I don't think you have to worry about that, haha! I haven't even heard back about mine since I ordered it. I expect they're busy finishing the others off at the moment before they start mine.

Oh, pedalboards...Probably 2 Diago Tourmans...I won't need the full width of 2 of them...about 1 and a half would be ideal really, so there'll be some space at the end on either side probably but I can live with that. I need the extra depth though, or I'd get one of the smaller ones. I like the design of the Diagos though...I've just ordered the RC-300 Loop Station so once I get that, I'll measure out the space just to be sure, and then order some pedalboards I expect.

A diddley bow, didn't take long or cost much to build

DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0719.jpg

Still trying to find a use for it.

:LOL: epic, why hasnt anyone else on here done that yet? No use for it? get a pint glass and get to work!

Also that natural finished geetar in the bg looks nice. Unless its a parker though :vomit::p

:LOL: epic, why hasnt anyone else on here done that yet? No use for it? get a pint glass and get to work!

Also that natural finished geetar in the bg looks nice. Unless its a parker though :vomit::p

I've been wanting to for a while, never got round to it... might give it a go next weekend in between revision.

Fucking exams.

It is a Parker ...

I've been wanting to for a while, never got round to it... might give it a go next weekend in between revision.

Fucking exams.

It doesn't take long. My brother did most of it (because I was at School) but I helped out and it goes by quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
ran out of pedalboard space. the difficult situation where you feel like Bs

IMG_1223.jpg

whammy 5 is going on the right, but that barely gives me enough space for an altoids tin...

is that massive orange peddle just a footswitch? 'cos you can get tiny ones

I did lol at the altoids tin

mostly a Surreal CM 100, but I still use my DSL 50 a fair amount. I'll get a full setup picture once that whammy gets here.

cheddatom, it is, but the last one I had (just one of those generic ones that are included with most marshall amps) broke after a while, so I wanted to get something slightly better.

Yeah my marshall footswitch broke pretty much straight away, but I hardly ever use the distortion channel - the fuzz factory sounds so awesome though the clean channel and it's so versatile I dont really need a distortion channel.

ran out of pedalboard space. the difficult situation where you feel like Bs

Oh, you think so, huh? :rolleyes:

[HIDDEN=- IT'S AMAZING WHAT DIFFERENCE]

18052009fromhumblebegin.jpg

Guitar

Yamaha Pacifica 012

Amp

Roland Cube 15

Effects

Digitech Whammy IV

Other

Korg CA-30 Chromatic Tuner

Korg MA-30 Metronome

Line 6 Pod GX

Shubb Talon Stand

Stagg Picks[/HIDDEN]

[HIDDEN=- A FEW YEARS CAN MAKE]15052012forumupload.jpg

Guitar

Manson MB-1

Amp

Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special 2 x 12

Effects

TC Electronic Polytune

Z. Vex Vexter Wah Probe

Z. Vex Vexter Fuzz Probe

Z. Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory

Digitech Whammy DT

Dickinson D1 Overdrive

Electro-Harmonix Freeze

Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man Tap Tempo

Electro-Harmonix Small Stone

Electro-Harmonix Stereo Pulsar

Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Boss RC-300 Loop Station

Other

Diago Tourman Pedal Boards

Dunlop Moonshine Glass Slide

Pro Co Cables

Tortex Picks[/HIDDEN]

Oh, you think so, huh? :rolleyes:

[HIDDEN=- IT'S AMAZING WHAT DIFFERENCE]

18052009fromhumblebegin.jpg

Guitar

Yamaha Pacifica 012

Amp

Roland Cube 15

Effects

Digitech Whammy IV

Other

Korg CA-30 Chromatic Tuner

Korg MA-30 Metronome

Line 6 Pod GX

Shubb Talon Stand

Stagg Picks[/HIDDEN]

[HIDDEN=- A FEW YEARS CAN MAKE]15052012forumupload.jpg

Guitar

Manson MB-1

Amp

Mesa/Boogie Lone Star Special 2 x 12

Effects

TC Electronic Polytune

Z. Vex Vexter Wah Probe

Z. Vex Vexter Fuzz Probe

Z. Vex Vexter Fuzz Factory

Digitech Whammy DT

Dickinson D1 Overdrive

Electro-Harmonix Freeze

Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man Tap Tempo

Electro-Harmonix Small Stone

Electro-Harmonix Stereo Pulsar

Korg Kaoss Pad 3

Boss RC-300 Loop Station

Other

Diago Tourman Pedal Boards

Dunlop Moonshine Glass Slide

Pro Co Cables

Tortex Picks[/HIDDEN]

Yea, the white balance in that first photo is terrible!

:p looks fuckin fab man!

I was only borrowing a camera at the time and it was the middle of the night so I had to edit it to try and make it clearer and that was the best I could do at the time. I don't have the original file anymore so that's the only one I've got of my old stuff. I just thought I'd post it up. Thanks though. If anyone wants to ask any opinions on any of the stuff I've got now, you're welcome to.

Oh, and the gap on the pedalboard on the right is for the GR-55, but I won't be getting that until my custom is finished as there's no point before then.