james90

Well.... assuming all my exam (yes, just one) goes well, as of about the 10th of June, my official title will be "Graduate Architect." I think they call them "Junior Architect" in some countries, like US and Canada, but it can be easily summed up by saying "I'm a graduate architect with a B.Arch. and B.Sc., both in architecture."

I'd ideally like to work in a firm, but jobs are really really slim across the whole world at the moment. Right now though, my main concern is just to get my various projects finished. I'm doing an 800 seater concert hall for my final thesis project. I've been doing that since January, and I've only about 7 weeks left. Right now, it looks like a giant pebble. I honestly don't know what the plan is for getting a job. A lot of my buddies from last year are over in facking landan babay, but i'd rather get out of the UK/Ireland area. If i could get set up in NY, I'd never ever ever leave. My heart is in NY, always has been since my first visit in 1994.

edit:

alternatively, I'd like to drop the bass.

I could probably help you with your alternative plan (I'll just convince everyone I know that trad3mark is the new skrillex) but otherwise, I'm not sure what I could do really... I've got to sort myself out first - I've really fallen behind in everything as it is.

Either way, maybe we can sort something out next time. I'm about 30 minutes away from NYC. You can bring a cannon and run it through my 1484 :ninja:

YES THIS!!!

also, I'd like to put an MXR Microamp and Cannon in the one enclosure, but still with 2 footswitches, just for instant, 1 pedlol jack white.

:eek: do want

if you don't do that, i'm going to rehouse a big muff and micro amp. (i don't understand peddles well enough to build it from the ground up)

Nice photos James! However, if you want the entire picture to be sharp take a lower diaphragm (higher number).

Try f8 at ISO 400 or 800, and take a picture from your tripod at a longer exposure. With a DSLR it doesn't hurt too much to up the ISO values a bit (however for gear pics don't go beyond 800, preferably lower). I took gig pics at ISO 4000 yesterday and those came out pretty awesome.

:eek: do want

if you don't do that, i'm going to rehouse a big muff and micro amp. (i don't understand peddles well enough to build it from the ground up)

that's actually a relatively simple thing to do, if you're willing to go buy both pedals and a big box. You just run them both of the same DC jack, fit them into the enclosure, and wire up two true bypass switches.

What the hell's going on with the neck joint on that, James? I've noticed it before too but never commented. You've got the neck bowing that far back or what?

I'm guessing you mean 'pure filth' in a good way :eyebrows:

And yeah, what Jim said. The neck has to be angled like that because of the tune o matic bridge. The DL-1 looks like that as well

body_close.jpg

You can almost hear those sweet even-order harmonics

It's more that you pay more attention to each photo you take as it involves time & money and you can't fix anything afterwards.

Same thing with tape vs digital. Digital recording allows you to be lazy as a musician.

It's more that you pay more attention to each photo you take as it involves time & money and you can't fix anything afterwards.

Same thing with tape vs digital. Digital recording allows you to be lazy as a musician.

Yeah this is pretty much why I gave up on digital photography. The near infinite capacity of an SD card just leaves each picture with an air of disposability, whereas with film you pay attention to every little detail to make every shot something special. And the camera doesn't do it all for you like a DSLR, so every photograph has those little unique imperfections that makes them so great.

And I guess thats exactly how I like my music too, with imperfections :happy:

I was not being sarcastic, (which is quite rare to be honest) i really like those analog artifacts on those pictures

Yeah this is pretty much why I gave up on digital photography. The near infinite capacity of an SD card just leaves each picture with an air of disposability, whereas with film you pay attention to every little detail to make every shot something special. And the camera doesn't do it all for you like a DSLR, so every photograph has those little unique imperfections that makes them so great.

And I guess thats exactly how I like my music too, with imperfections :happy:

I've never owned a DSLR for that very reason. Unfortunately, I've not had my SLR in years, should probably look into getting another! :(

That said, they are more useful for sport/live music photography as you don't have the time to get things "perfect".

I've never owned a DSLR for that very reason. Unfortunately, I've not had my SLR in years, should probably look into getting another! :(

That said, they are more useful for sport/live music photography as you don't have the time to get things "perfect".

I can understand in certain instances choosing digital over analogue, but for the most part I would always lean towards analogue.

I'm using an old late 70s/early 80s Zenit EM SLR at the moment. I'd recommend just a quick look on ebay for an old SLR to be honest, even a decent early Canon EOS can be picked up dirt cheap. I bought an EOS 300 for a friend a few weeks back for £10, and it came with a whole box of film.