GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

The ridiculous thing is, I'd buy that if I had 10 grand spare.

I don't know. He didn't actually play it from the looks of things, and it seems a bit odd that they'd put the usual hangtags on like all of the other Fenders. I wonder if it's just one of the first ones.

Maybe if it was the one he played in the "what's my age again?" video.

I don't know. He didn't actually play it from the looks of things, and it seems a bit odd that they'd put the usual hangtags on like all of the other Fenders. I wonder if it's just one of the first ones.

Maybe if it was the one he played in the "what's my age again?" video.

Yeah, probably is one of the first ones made.

Had a look and it's much more sensible (and cheaper) to make a replica with parts from Warmoth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I used to be such a Gibson lover but since I bought an SG and hated it i've gone off them considerably

I love my LP Studio. That guitar I posted is apparently a Gibson Longhorn. Reminds me of James' Ovation Ultra GP, actually. Either way, I want it

The fuck is this and why is it so pretty

The finish is nice, but not sure about the rest.

I used to be such a Gibson lover but since I bought an SG and hated it i've gone off them considerably

Same, though I wouldn't let one guitar ruin an entire brand for me (even if that brand is Gibson)

Having said all of that, I'm going to buy this heavily played LP from Mansons soon. It's an older one though - I really don't like any of the new stuff they're doing, with the exception of the LP traditional.

The first guitar I had which I really liked and held onto for about six years was a single pickup SG (same as that red one on display in the Muse VIP thing, but with a black finish) but I hardly played it the last couple of years I had it. Much preferred LPs by that time, and still do.

Funny enough I've never liked any Gibson SG's apart from the Angus Young model but Epiphone SGs are always great value for money and are actually a slightly different shape, that to me is nicer to play.

I love my LP Studio. That guitar I posted is apparently a Gibson Longhorn. Reminds me of James' Ovation Ultra GP, actually. Either way, I want it

Still think studios are the pick of the bunch money wise, which reminds me I finished my Les Paul a week ago and still haven't posted it any pictures :ninja:

Gold :) very very gold!

:rolleyes:

I wanna see!

Still think studios are the pick of the bunch money wise, which reminds me I finished my Les Paul a week ago and still haven't posted it any pictures

Yeah, I love my studio to death, man. Nice gloss finish, none of the binding stuff (I'm not a fan of it, actually), a little bit under 8 lbs, '57 Classic Plus PU's.

Honestly, if I were to drop 3k on a guitar, I'd want it to be something with more care put into it like a Manson or a Mayones, and not a Gibby you can just grab at Guitar Center. Ya know? :stunned:

The finish is nice, but not sure about the rest.

I hear you. I'd change all the hardware to black or chrome and the pickup to something NOT EMG. But still, I love how the guitar looks. Everything else can be fixed. :/

:rolleyes:

I wanna see!

Yeah, I love my studio to death, man. Nice gloss finish, none of the binding stuff (I'm not a fan of it, actually), a little bit under 8 lbs, '57 Classic Plus PU's.

Honestly, if I were to drop 3k on a guitar, I'd want it to be something with more care put into it like a Manson or a Mayones, and not a Gibby you can just grab at Guitar Center. Ya know? :stunned:

Soon, soon I will get some pictures up :LOL:

And I completely agree with everything, I'm also not a fan of binding as I don't like the feel of it and your les Paul sounds perfect :facemelt: I've got some bare knuckle rebel yells in mine which is pretty much their take on the 57's but my guitar is heavy and I mean really really heavy, I did weigh it the other week but I can't remember what it was off the top of my head, fortunately I'm fairly up on my fitness and just over 6ft so it's not an issue but it does make the cort seem really light which is nice! (just realised how much that last line sounds like a terrible tinder profile!!)

I agree with that sentiment as well, I think for 3k I want people to say 'Christ what is that!' Not be there trying to figure out whether it's an epi or an Gibson or looking at the truss rod cover to figure out what model it is!! Although certain Les Paul's can be drop dead beautiful :D

Soon, soon I will get some pictures up :LOL:

And I completely agree with everything, I'm also not a fan of binding as I don't like the feel of it and your les Paul sounds perfect :facemelt: I've got some bare knuckle rebel yells in mine which is pretty much their take on the 57's but my guitar is heavy and I mean really really heavy, I did weigh it the other week but I can't remember what it was off the top of my head, fortunately I'm fairly up on my fitness and just over 6ft so it's not an issue but it does make the cort seem really light which is nice! (just realised how much that last line sounds like a terrible tinder profile!!)

I agree with that sentiment as well, I think for 3k I want people to say 'Christ what is that!' Not be there trying to figure out whether it's an epi or an Gibson or looking at the truss rod cover to figure out what model it is!! Although certain Les Paul's can be drop dead beautiful :D

Aww thank you! I was really glad that it was light. I bought it from zzounds because the GC here sucks balls, and I was afraid it'd be like 9+ lbs. I used to have an Epi LP Standard that was like 9.5lbs, worst guitar ever, got rid of it after a month. :stunned:

Here she is though - so hard to get a good picture because it's so damn reflective

VLAc5ygl.jpg?1

Now that I look at it under this lighting, I do need new pickups. Bare Knuckle has a brushed chrome that might go well with my alum knobs :rolleyes: How's the Rebel Yell? I was going to get a Nailbomb/ Supermassive set, but BKP quality 57 sounds yum as well.

I guess the thing with a 3k LP vs a 3k Manson is that retired white males on TGP love their "original" LP, so as long as you take good care of it and do no modifications ever, your guitar would have "resell value." That ship has sailed (and sunken) for me the day I decided to get rid of the robo tuner on my guitar, so I couldn't care less. :LOL: You'll probably have a much harder time reselling a niche guitar like a Manson, ya know?

By the way Witz, did you ever get a chance to rewire your volume pot? I kind of pulled all my electronics out and um, having a hard time putting it all back in. :$ I might need some help identifying the damn bridge ground wire.

:twitchy:

Aww thank you! I was really glad that it was light. I bought it from zzounds because the GC here sucks balls, and I was afraid it'd be like 9+ lbs. I used to have an Epi LP Standard that was like 9.5lbs, worst guitar ever, got rid of it after a month. :stunned:

Here she is though - so hard to get a good picture because it's so damn reflective

VLAc5ygl.jpg?1

Now that I look at it under this lighting, I do need new pickups. Bare Knuckle has a brushed chrome that might go well with my alum knobs :rolleyes: How's the Rebel Yell? I was going to get a Nailbomb/ Supermassive set, but BKP quality 57 sounds yum as well.

I guess the thing with a 3k LP vs a 3k Manson is that retired white males on TGP love their "original" LP, so as long as you take good care of it and do no modifications ever, your guitar would have "resell value." That ship has sailed (and sunken) for me the day I decided to get rid of the robo tuner on my guitar, so I couldn't care less. :LOL: You'll probably have a much harder time reselling a niche guitar like a Manson, ya know?

By the way Witz, did you ever get a chance to rewire your volume pot? I kind of pulled all my electronics out and um, having a hard time putting it all back in. :$ I might need some help identifying the damn bridge ground wire.

:twitchy:

Looks lovely especially with the custom hardware and I agree the brushed chrome pickups covers would look awesome with the hardware you've got.

I'll have to admit the rebel yells are nice but I actually wish they weren't as hot and were a little warmer, I have some PAF style Seymour Duncan's under my bed (because that's a normal thing to have under your bed :LOL:) that I'm tempted to stick in there but the ray gun covers look so awesome on the rebel yells, soooo... I probably won't

Not sure what resale would be like on mine but I only paid £340 for it including the pickups and a case plus, it's actually a bit of a rare beast as it has dot inlays on the neck but I have fitted an FRX and painted the headstock with glitter so not sure the TGP would love it, they would probably more likely hunt me down and kill me :LOL:

And I did fix my volume pot :D but haven't sorted the kill button yet but I know what is it thanks to your pictures. I best pm you a picture of my cavity before we fill yet another thread with pictures of the inside of Corts!!

You ended up getting the FRX? how are you liking it?

Mine had some minor tuning stability issues at first, but I set it up again with new strings and gave them a proper stretching, and it holds tune really well now.

Exactly the same funnily enough :LOL: I'm impressed with it actually and I prefer it too a standard Floyd but your right it has a bit of a knack too it. When tuning mine I now lock the nut with the fine adjusters wound all the way out as I find the strings always goes flat over time rather than sharp so you can just wind these in and you then don't have to fully tune it so often.

But yeah I love it, I think I have mine set up fairly tight on tension and I can go about 1/2 up and can push down until it bottoms out with no issues at all :D

Plus it looks awesome but finding out from other people what they think seems difficult as I have only found evidence of about three other people owning one in the whole world :LOL:

Hopefully all that whammying won't result in the headstock breaking off :ninja:

That 17 minute video on setting it up was pretty useful in getting it sorted properly. Have you got yours with or without the little screw thing installed on the side? I tried it without (in case that helped tuning stability), but bending one string and playing the others at the same time didn't sound good at all. Plus it was a bit too sensitive if I wanted to rest my hand on it for example.

Hopefully all that whammying won't result in the headstock breaking off :ninja:

That 17 minute video on setting it up was pretty useful in getting it sorted properly. Have you got yours with or without the little screw thing installed on the side? I tried it without (in case that helped tuning stability), but bending one string and playing the others at the same time didn't sound good at all. Plus it was a bit too sensitive if I wanted to rest my hand on it for example.

Don't joke it did creak at one point ha ha but that was something else so it didn't matter :D

And yeah I keep the screw in and it seems to make a big difference in stability

• 2 weeks later...

Archived