GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

Yeah, I like them because they're... er, different :ninja: They're all japan exclusives apparently. You could PROBABLY get the same thing in the US, but it would probably be through the custom shop and cost $5000 more...and have a relic'd finish by default

Always liked this one. Enough to refinish a standard one and mod it up to be similar

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/tl62b-bigs.html

needs filtertrons though

Yeh only ever played one custom shop strat, it was this ice blue (I think) heavy relic, sounded great, played brilliant and looked awesome :awesome: ...although the price tag was a little stupid, plus the shop seemed really awkward and the guy in the shop must of thought I was going to do a hendrix and smash it up in front of him because he only let me play for what seemed like a minute :LOL:

Awesome have you still got the tele?

Yeh only ever played one custom shop strat, it was this ice blue (I think) heavy relic, sounded great, played brilliant and looked awesome :awesome: ...although the price tag was a little stupid, plus the shop seemed really awkward and the guy in the shop must of thought I was going to do a hendrix and smash it up in front of him because he only let me play for what seemed like a minute :LOL:

Awesome have you still got the tele?

I've only really played CS teles - they were nice guitars, very well built and sounded great, but didn't seem like anything particularly special. just a glorified US fender I guess. Although I've mainly played the non relic'd ones like the custom classic or whatever it was called, which are in the $2000 range

and yeah I do - it's a pretty cool guitar. was expecting it to sound a little like the gretsch I had (see below :awesome: ) but it doesn't at all

bigDSCN3655.jpg

wouldn't mind one of those again someday ... #soon

I've only really played CS teles - they were nice guitars, very well built and sounded great, but didn't seem like anything particularly special. just a glorified US fender I guess. Although I've mainly played the non relic'd ones like the custom classic or whatever it was called, which are in the $2000 range

and yeah I do - it's a pretty cool guitar. was expecting it to sound a little like the gretsch I had (see below :awesome: ) but it doesn't at all

bigDSCN3655.jpg

That is awesome :awesome: Love gretsches, my local guitar shop has just got a new Gretsch white falcon in :eek: Next time im there, definitely going to have a go but I'd love to play an original one day :awesome:

bigDSCN3655.jpg

Didn't Chris from Soundgarden have one of those?

chedda as a bassist, have you ever had a go of a ritter? Are they as awesome as they seem or are they all hype? They also seem to be more geared towards things like jazz.

No, I'd love to try one but never seen one. I guess i'd need to go to London, which is something I try to avoid

-cccckkkkk uuuuggggglllllyyyyy ;)

:eek:

It's in the mail post

Whoa, shopping at DAG? That's very TGP of you :pope:

Regardless, I've almost bought one of those a couple of times...it's so tempting... :facepalm:

Not really, as I considered buying something from there a few times. I don't really understand the website though.

What stopped you? did a tornado upset your barn? :pope:

Nah, just a lot of money...I could buy an old Guild for that much :eek: Or a host of other things...but I would like a MotorAve a lot.

Plus I'd get to do business with a guy named Mark Fuqua :awesome: Just... :awesome:

old guilds cost that much? they don't even have humbuckers

Buy one, I'm sure Mr. Fuqua will make your experience unforgettable

Much like this

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1253861

Archived