GAS Thread: it's just too expensive to drive this.

cheddatom

This, fucking hate SGs. And LPs, tbh :$

Yeah I generally dislike Les Paul's too. The 'Florentine' customs look amazing though:

lespaulflorentine.jpg

What do you think?

Looking to buy the MXR custom badass 78, do you guys think it's high gain enough for stuff like muse and radiohead-esque shizz?

Yeah I'd say so. Matt seems to be using much less distortion now, for what it's worth

This, fucking hate SGs. And LPs, tbh :$

If only there was a guitar like the les paul, but with all the bad things removed

:)

I have a cort explorer rip off with passive EMGs so I don't really need it.

Just thought it would be nice. I played a cherry red SG once. Sounded good to me.

Did someone say EMGs?

I've got passive EMG single coils in one of my guitars, and I honestly don't know what to make of them.

SGs aren't bad guitars, but I wouldn't buy another one (yeah I know what you all are thinking)

Yeah I'd say so. Matt seems to be using much less distortion now, for what it's worth

If only there was a guitar like the les paul, but with all the bad things removed

:)

Did someone say EMGs?

I've got passive EMG single coils in one of my guitars, and I honestly don't know what to make of them.

SGs aren't bad guitars, but I wouldn't buy another one (yeah I know what you all are thinking)

The passive EMGs in that guitar are the passive version of an EMG81, they actually have a very good clean sound and are also good dirty.

If you have the cash I don't doubt that there are many better options.

But that Cort cost me £450 or something, came with a hard case and it's a through neck (or maybe set neck, can't remember) mahoghany jobby, not bad for the money even if it is a brand most people wouldn't consider.

The passive EMGs in that guitar are the passive version of an EMG81, they actually have a very good clean sound and are also good dirty.

If you have the cash I don't doubt that there are many better options.

But that Cort cost me £450 or something, came with a hard case and it's a through neck (or maybe set neck, can't remember) mahoghany jobby, not bad for the money even if it is a brand most people wouldn't consider.

Hmm not familiar with those. The ones I have are the single coil "selects" which sound like a wah pedal stuck half way :\

Never tried a cort, but I've heard they're pretty underrated. Supposedly the korean fenders and loads of other well known guitars come from the same factory as those.

also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Fender-Stratocaster-Plus-Blue-Burst-ALUMINUM-MINT-American-Guitar-1990-/370874516297

maybe with an ebony fretboard and standard pickups...

Damn you. I always wanted an Olympic white single coil Jag to match my OW Jazz.

Though I have seen a cool grey/blue looking one. Think it's a vintage re do thingy. Costs about 1.5K

:awesome: I'm having a thing for Jags, especially Johnny Marr's. I've never owned a Jag, not even any Fender guitar :rolleyes: Might have to make that one my first.

what is this 'keeper'? is it like dungeons and dragons?

I've always wondered about that too. Just went and requested a keepsies, not sure why :eyebrows:

Archived