I like how modest you are on here compared to Facebook ;)

Nah, but really, that's no good. The neck pocket has to be cut after the mirror goes on?

Also, not to sound like I'm concerned about the weight of a guitar, but would you say this one is going to be really heavy with the mirror etc? I've never had a full mirror wrap before.

doesn't have to be, but its just easier to line the neck up with the edge. and now I'm going to have to put it on after so...

ugh so annoying.

I was going to do some long thin slots to get the weight down a bit anyway. i'll do them from the back and stop a few mm before it goes all the way through

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i'll remember that for your next one if i wasn't retired :LOL:

I'd rather have that than nothing at all :supersad:

Even that one you took to Glastonbury is sure to become a collectable... chances are someone found it and they have no idea what they have!

Why does no one sell nickel or x-gold gotoh parts but gotoh japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do, just have to know who/how to ask. Gotoh dealers can order the parts in when they restock, so takes time but you can get them. Have you got 'the catalogue'?

Are these the ones you're after?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CA-Gotoh-SGV510Z-L5-XN-L3-R3-Satin-Nickel-21-1-Tuners-/112033870219

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CA-Gotoh-SGV510Z-L5-XN-L3-R3-Satin-Nickel-21-1-Tuners-/112033870219

If you want, I can get those for you. No idea about the other hardware, but I think sidious911 said that guy can get anything from Gotoh

them, but with the small buttons. that's what I normally get. its just really expensive getting them one set at a time from japan.

I've found a nickel bridge over here, but no x-gold.

the plan originally was to have nickel parts with gold higlights - saddles, screws, washers etc. then I could use the opposite ones on another. but I'm not too sure how that would look.

I am liking the look of those worn gold ones, but you can only get the tuners in that finish. which is a bugger

them, but with the small buttons. that's what I normally get. its just really expensive getting them one set at a time from japan.

I've found a nickel bridge over here, but no x-gold.

the plan originally was to have nickel parts with gold higlights - saddles, screws, washers etc. then I could use the opposite ones on another. but I'm not too sure how that would look.

I am liking the look of those worn gold ones, but you can only get the tuners in that finish. which is a bugger

Have you checked their website? Probably has all separate parts available to order, but I'm not sure how much cheaper it would be to order from Japan to Canada to UK, but it's probably a bit easier

http://www.japarts.ca/

that's just it. by the time it gets here with greedy customs its probably about the same. I don't know. i'll have to see what it looks like and decide whats going to suit it. I just covered the top in superglue so when that's dry it'll give an idea of what it'll look like with some finish on - the plan is some amber and a slight red burst, but really really subtle, but it'll give an idea to start with anyway