no it just doesnt look right now i've got the classic. i had them next to each other on my wall for ages and the more i saw them together the more the classic looked right and the other didnt so much.

and as far as the parts go, what i mean is say, a nickel bridge with gold saddles and posts, and nickel tuners with a gold bushing and screw and stuff like that. if it was just normal gold it wouldnt be so bad, but normal gold kinda looks a bit tacky, and the x-gold looks brilliant

no it just doesnt look right now i've got the classic. i had them next to each other on my wall for ages and the more i saw them together the more the classic looked right and the other didnt so much.

and as far as the parts go, what i mean is say, a nickel bridge with gold saddles and posts, and nickel tuners with a gold bushing and screw and stuff like that. if it was just normal gold it wouldnt be so bad, but normal gold kinda looks a bit tacky, and the x-gold looks brilliant

Not sure really. I like the body shape of the other one a lot - seems to flow a bit better.

And yeah, I see what you mean now. The gotoh stuff is a bit more expensive and harder to find than most hardware as well.

Me too :ninja:

Also, would you consider putting up a testimonial page on your site? I'm not sure if you're still in touch with your other customers, but I'd like to write something nice

After all, I've got three of them, plus some modification work. Maybe I can talk our second favorite banned member (Sam) into writing something, but I know he sold those guitars a fair few years ago.

Oh and does this have the carbon rods in the neck like the blue one does? Needs a slight tweak, but then I just prefer a nearly-dead-flat neck. I almost always end up adjusting the guitars I buy to get them playing exactly how I want, but this is already pretty close.

hmmm maybe yeah if i can get enough to put on it!

no this doesnt have any carbon rods in it, but its three piece it'll be nice and sturdy

That's good to know. Is this profile based on the late 50's shape? It does feel similar to that '59 shape.

Tempted by that burst now if it's similar to this one. Did that have a nitro finish too?

What would be nice if you could get a known channel on YouTube review a guitar. Our have James do it :p

Just as long as the MoC copies are kept off it, otherwise we all know what would happen.

Obviously I don't have one of those, but I mean if someone else were to demo one.

That's good to know. Is this profile based on the late 50's shape? It does feel similar to that '59 shape.

Tempted by that burst now if it's similar to this one. Did that have a nitro finish too?

that one doesnt have nitro no, but it does have a VERY thin finish. but the burl one will (hint hint). i just had a look at that top the other day and it does look fantastic. i cant wait to carve it! but it needs sticking to a back first. which i dont have.

and to be honest, i just carved that neck till it felt nice haha. but i think its pretty similar to the burst yeah. as far as i can remember anyway!

that one doesnt have nitro no, but it does have a VERY thin finish. but the burl one will (hint hint). i just had a look at that top the other day and it does look fantastic. i cant wait to carve it! but it needs sticking to a back first. which i dont have.

and to be honest, i just carved that neck till it felt nice haha. but i think its pretty similar to the burst yeah. as far as i can remember anyway!

Is the burl one going to have a burst on it? Or was that being left natural?

And yeah, though I was referring to the '59 LP type shape. It's similar to the '59 LP reissue I had, but not as... massive.

• 2 weeks later...

i've stripped that blue holly and put a spalted beech top on it. im debating whether or not to put a mini humbucker in the neck (there'll be no scratchplate on this one) or leave it an esquire.

and, im about to start stripping the goldtop, so that i can get it right this time (there were imperfections UNDER the gold that you can see) and im going to do all gold. so i will have to be ultra careful and make sure any scratch or tiny imperceptible dent is gone

• 1 month later...

amazing

would you say this would have a LP type sound to it? any thoughts on which pickups you're going to use?

also, burst on the headstock (can't tell from the mockup) or just a transparent color that matches the body?

Really enjoying the jnr+... easily the best out of the three I've had built by you.

• 2 weeks later...

urgh i dont know what to do for the back plates. i can either just use the normal black plastic, off cuts from the top with the same colour as the top, off cuts but with cherry to match the back, mahogany to make a seamless back, or get a massive fretboard and have it be ebony