• 1 month later...

it took two weeks for the new white plastic to show up. when it came, it was the wrong size. it then took another week for the replacement piece to arrive.

all the whites on now, and because its the second time doing it instead of the first, the sides are on better than they were, so the binding is a slightly different shape to the body and refuses to bend into shape.

and im ready to kill someone

i thought i was doing well.

today i got most of the top binding on doing a tiny bit at a time and hammering it to shape as i went. i started at the cutaway and went round, and having just clamped the bass side waist to see if it would clamp right, i bend the shoulder round because it looked like it was going to be a bit short.

and sure enough, it seems as though there'll be about a 1mm gap at the end. which is impossible because the sides are on better and MUST be a shorter distance around. it must be. and yet.

i've managed to get the binding back on. just have to file it down a bit to get it flush then get the body all polished up and stuff.

the special inlay one? which one do you mean?

I forgot the name of it. It's the red single cutaway with the fancy F hole on the body, and the design sort of crosses over onto the fretboard

i need to get rid of some guitars so if anyone wants to make SENSIBLE offers (if anyone mentions a fiver or a chocolate bar i will kick you in your nuts/equivalent girly parts) then you never know your luck.

this one, this one, and once its been resprayed (its got a new carved and bound back and will be all gold) this one.

also, theres a holly esquire (that could have a neck pup if someone wanted it) with a spalted beach top with white binding that will have a transparent black burst

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

the sides are on. I mean, the side is on, but that doesn't sound right.

the neck has a fretboard and a headstock cut out. now the side is on (still doesn't sound right) i'll get the neck pocket cut and then do all the routes and stuff before I glue the front and back on. and at some point get the neck done I suppose.