I got sent a builders catalogue (digital) from Graphtec with ridiculously tempting low prices in it. so if theres no minimum order requirements, this guitar may well be getting Graphtec hardware.

and if i had the money it would get a ghost system too, as the builders price is very reasonable, but still too much to just get on a whim

• 2 weeks later...

well.

i was thinking either: sky blue, so it looks like a tree against the sky,

OR

a bit risky maybe... sky blue all the way to the bottom, with like a pinky purply burst going up from the bottom, like when you get those pink clouds in the evening

reason for not cherry red is because whilst the flowers stand out really well against it, the branches kinda get lost

and I'm going to burn in the little twigs so the flowers are connected to the branches (I've tried it it looks good) and maybe even paint in some pink behind the flowers (just like brush strokes) so it fills it out a bit more rather than looking like individual flowers

i just counted, and i have inlayed 1305 tiny flowers and petals, and with the 12th fret inlay that's 1310. theres about another 40 to do for the jack plate and scratchplate (which will be the same as whats underneath it, so a total of 1350 individually cut and inlayed pieces

with the prices of the graphtech stuff with a builders account I'm seriously considering putting a ghost system in this one. seriously, the bridge i'd get is $250, but with a builders account is $90, and the pre-amp kit is down from $150 to $50. bargain or what!

unless customs adds a shitload to it. the bastards

with the prices of the graphtech stuff with a builders account I'm seriously considering putting a ghost system in this one. seriously, the bridge i'd get is $250, but with a builders account is $90, and the pre-amp kit is down from $150 to $50. bargain or what!

unless customs adds a shitload to it. the bastards

Work on the assumption that you will get a customs charge although as a rule, I haven't been hit all that many times from Japan.

How would one go about getting a builders account though, that's a staggering discount and I could certainly make use of one.

yeah i think I've only had to pay once when I've got stuff from gotoh. using an online calculator, it reckons that if i got $150 (canadian) worth (which i would have to the first time), then i'd be charged about £45 customs. which is a lot, but still a lot less than if i just bought it from a shop.

and i don't know how you'd go about getting it - i just got an email one day from somebody at graphtech asking if i wanted a builders account.

@hooglebug

How are the aluminium tube side dots done exactly? Do you have to fill the center as well?

I've seen these dot inlays on the face of this fretboard, which were filled. Mainly curious if it's possible to do this sort of thing (they would be replacing standard dot inlays) but maybe fill the center with something that matches the fretboard wood itself.

wBnMf5g.jpg

• 2 months later...

i have been busy doing some photoshoots (my first two ever!) so haven't been getting on with this - but i wanted to have an ebony p90 cover so i could continue the cherry blossom design onto that, but they cost £35-40 so i thought i'd try to make my own.

but i don't have a big clump of ebony, so i settled for a flamey base with an ebano (left over from the scratchplate and jack socket/battery holder) top.

and obviously it will have branches and flowers inlayed soon

IMG_20180316_143841.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...