i dont know about the finish. iv been thinking lately about it - going from blue to red and back again. i thought blue originally because it would look like sky and i already know blue looks good with this model, but then the red goes with the japanese theme.

What were you looking to get out of it if you found a buyer?

you mean price wise? because of all the extra work its going to have to be around £3000

sigh. i knew it was all going too well. drilling for the bridge posts today big chunks of the top ripped off. and of course they only did it on the side that WONT be underneath the bridge. damn it. they'll be sticking out about 3-4mm from the bridge so would be very visible. and i couldnt find the bits that came out either. i thought about cutting some scrap and trying to match it, but once its stained and everything im thinking it would be rather obvious. so i tried to come up with something to cover it.

what do people think?

50-1.jpg

sigh. i knew it was all going too well. drilling for the bridge posts today big chunks of the top ripped off. and of course they only did it on the side that WONT be underneath the bridge. damn it. they'll be sticking out about 3-4mm from the bridge so would be very visible. and i couldnt find the bits that came out either. i thought about cutting some scrap and trying to match it, but once its stained and everything im thinking it would be rather obvious. so i tried to come up with something to cover it.

what do people think?]

I can't quite see it, but the stain will probably make it pretty visible. Time to bust out another branch of inlay?

Edit: Is it all covered up in this picture? If so, looks great!

when I opened the thread, I scrolled straight to the picture first, and honestly thought it looked great, and didn't even realise anything might have looked out of place till I read what you had said :)

EDIT: at the risk of going over the top with the inlays, perhaps you could join the branches under the bridge with the main branch?

whilst in the shower i had another thought. i could do similar to what i did with the hole, put a few flowers/petals over it in such a way that it doesnt look like im just covering something, and have a few petals floating down past the bridge. i shall have to try it tomorrow see what it looks like

Archived