Muse Collecting Discussion and Questions

Niall

So I'm thinking off selling off the majority of Muse Collection (a list of most of what I have can be found on my profile) as I really need the space it's all taking up. Looking for advice whether I should stick it all on ebay together or auction it as individual items?

I'd be interested to buy a lot of the stuff you have(if still available), PM me if you have price ideas for the items or I can just send you the list of what I want and you give me the price?

So I'm thinking off selling off the majority of Muse Collection (a list of most of what I have can be found on my profile) as I really need the space it's all taking up. Looking for advice whether I should stick it all on ebay together or auction it as individual items?

I would also be interested in a few items! I am sending you a PM about which ones i am interested in.

Sell seperately. Prices for individual items can vary a lot. Some things will be worth like £3, others £30.

• 1 month later...
Anybody know if the AU/NZ version of Abso with Hysteria printed before Interlude on the back is rare?

au/nz copies with the misprinted tracklist have just about the same ubiquity as those with the correct tracklist.

so the answer to your question is: not really.

• 2 weeks later...

This might not be the right place for this (if so, admins move this or do as you please) but does anyone have a Muse flag they're willing to sell? Or know where I can get one? I've searched eBay, Amazon and all over but I can't find any. I find it a bit odd because I used to see them kinda often. The only one I can find is on muse.mu but that's a 2nd law flag. I'm looking for something a little different

Does anyone know how much we're talking for a sealed mint copy of Random 1-8, with the OBI strip? I managed to snag one for £15, but I'm not sure if that's about average or a good deal.

I agree with Luke, that's a great deal right there. Amazon.com has the going price for a new Muse Random 1-8 for $245//£190

• 2 weeks later...
How much would you guys say a numbered copy of the Muscle Museum EP would be worth? I want to get an idea of what would be too much.

I bought unnumbered for £55 last year. Think that was a pretty good deal for me if that helps.

• 1 month later...

I have a copy of Absolution with the incorrect track listing on the back (7. Hysteria , 8. Interlude) Would this sell for much on ebay? Its not mint, but has both discs, the hinge on the case is wobbly but someone could put it all in a new case if they are able to.

Edit: Just noticed the poster above asking about an Aus version. Mine is the UK one with the CD/DVD, does that make a difference?

Edit 2: I also have a copy of Muscle Museum 1, is this worth anything?

Edited by heropsychodreamer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I have a question. I recently bought the Muscle Museum EP. Now I saw pictures on Google where some EPs were numbered. Mine isn't. Does that mean that they rereleased the EP after the first limited edition (which would be sad for those who have a numbered edition, which isn't as exclusive as they thought it would be)?

tamar

Hi there, I have a question. I recently bought the Muscle Museum EP. Now I saw pictures on Google where some EPs were numbered. Mine isn't. Does that mean that they rereleased the EP after the first limited edition (which would be sad for those who have a numbered edition, which isn't as exclusive as they thought it would be)?

tamar

the MM EP numbered version was limited to 999 copies.

the copies that aren't numbered are promo versions. there are a couple different versions floating around. most promo copies have retained a "Taste Media" sticker on the back of the case; others have lost it over the years. some copies got no sticker at all.

i'd have to look at photos to see which version you acquired.

in any event, by all accounts, there were only a couple hundred promo copies (max) made in total; so, even though the numbered version sells for more on the open market, an unnumbered promo version (which is actually rarer in terms of number of copies)...sells for (oftentimes) quite a bit less! such is the crazy power of a little sticker with handwritten numbers on it...

the MM EP numbered version was limited to 999 copies.

the copies that aren't numbered are promo versions. there are a couple different versions floating around. most promo copies have retained a "Taste Media" sticker on the back of the case; others have lost it over the years. some copies got no sticker at all.

i'd have to look at photos to see which version you acquired.

in any event, by all accounts, there were only a couple hundred promo copies (max) made in total; so, even though the numbered version sells for more on the open market, an unnumbered promo version (which is actually rarer in terms of number of copies)...sells for (oftentimes) quite a bit less! such is the crazy power of a little sticker with handwritten numbers on it...

Wow, thank you for this information. I actually have one with a Taste Media sticker that does indeed say Promational Copy Not for Sale, which I find super awesome. Just one more question though. You say there are a couple of different versions of the promo cd. Does that mean that some have other tracks on them?

tamar

Wow, thank you for this information. I actually have one with a Taste Media sticker that does indeed say Promational Copy Not for Sale, which I find super awesome. Just one more question though. You say there are a couple of different versions of the promo cd. Does that mean that some have other tracks on them?

tamar

no, the tracks are the same.

there's a UK promo variant, where the disc itself is "splotchy" blue and has MUSE in red lettering on it (along with the Dangerous records logo)...

...and then there's a German promo variant, where the disc itself almost looks like a generic, plain-looking CDr with plain black lettering + logos on it. it says "Motor Music GmbH" on the top of the face of the disc. the German version is far rarer than the UK one.

no, the tracks are the same.

there's a UK promo variant, where the disc itself is "splotchy" blue and has MUSE in red lettering on it (along with the Dangerous records logo)...

...and then there's a German promo variant, where the disc itself almost looks like a generic, plain-looking CDr with plain black lettering + logos on it. it says "Motor Music GmbH" on the top of the face of the disc. the German version is far rarer than the UK one.

Thanks for the info. I have the UK promo version.

• 5 months later...

Heya! Haven't posted here in a long while, but FYI I'm selling the vast majority of my Muse collection – tons of t-shirts, hoodies, accessories and lots of discography as well. Took me about 12-13 years to collect all of this stuff, and as much as I love it, I simply don't have space any more and don't use it – most of it has been sitting in storage for ages, just seems like a waste – I'd rather it goes to fans! I still love Muse, ofc, I've just calmed down a bit with my crazy spending, haha.

Here's the link to all my things: My Muse collection

Drop me a message if you're interested in anything :) I've listed a few clothes on ebay from the Drones era that aren't on that link here as well: ebay listings

Cheers! :happy:

EDIT: Before anyone asks: All OoS and Showbiz era tees/hoodies have now gone, sorry :(

12277812415_c1686495ef.jpg[/url]

12276713775_82f22ab8c2.jpg

12277940343_04242648ea.jpg

Edited by hyper_chondriac_muser

• 3 weeks later...

Old muse head here. I am moving overseas and regretfully have to sell off a few of my vinyl collection so Im letting go a few singles, some of them are pretty rare and hard to come by. I am hoping they end up with someone who will love them as much as I have over the last 10+ years

Link here on ebay, happy to post overseas and answer Qs through ebay preferably.

(please scroll down past my other crap)

all originals. happy collecting.

• 9 months later...

Hello. Just bought a vinyl Muscle Museum (7", Single, Ltd, Cle) (Mushroom - MUSH66S). The goal was to get autographs, but I got an album without autographs. On the web, I only see information about signed albums. The seller claims to have purchased this vinyl in the store on the first day of release. Is this an original copy (quality as if just printed) or fake, and how rare is it (unsigned)?

Thank you.

l6HK1B.jpg

IfF0Cs.jpg