Muse Collecting Discussion and Questions

Niall

Hi im new on the site, my friend on another muse forum i am a part of found this item on ebay (invincible 7", but not the picture disk or ordinary release), we have never seen any of these about before. Just wondering if you could give me any information about it ? Here is the item number from the ebay auction that i was watching;

Hope you can help, thanks in advance!

On musecollectors maybe?

Well apparently management have said that it's a version that was produced but changes last minute because they "changed the artwork".

I think that's not true however as it makes no sense at all: all the BHaR singles were picture discs so them deciding to make a black vinyl and then switch back to a picture disc is baffling. Also vinyl have NEVER been distributed in static shield bags as they are a disposable container that must be ripped to be used, are are nothing like any other Muse vinyl packaging. So I think they were in fact promos that very never used at the time.

Has anyone come across any fake Neutron Star Collision promos?

There's a couple of sellers on eBay that seem to be selling a lot of them...one seller in particular (unfortunatly I deleted the item from my watched list and can't remember the seller name!) has sold about 90 of them! I just bought a promo from a seller and they're now selling another one with the same picture/description as the one I bought and I'm just a little bit worried (item number: 300598102651).

If someone confirm that's all legit that would be great! Thanks.

Has anyone come across any fake Neutron Star Collision promos?

There's a couple of sellers on eBay that seem to be selling a lot of them...one seller in particular (unfortunatly I deleted the item from my watched list and can't remember the seller name!) has sold about 90 of them! I just bought a promo from a seller and they're now selling another one with the same picture/description as the one I bought and I'm just a little bit worried (item number: 300598102651).

If someone confirm that's all legit that would be great! Thanks.

They're real. Someone(s) scored a huge lot of them before they were sent out and has been flogging them ever since. I picked one up from that seller at a pretty good price; this was back when there were only "7 or 8" for sale.

I'm not comfortable with someone stealing a lot from the factory (and in fact I sent the seller a question which was never answered), but I do like the fact that it's really dropped the NSC prices. They were ridiculous for a while.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Today I came across a review of a cd featuring some tracks played at reading festival 2011 (the OoS gig). This is the review: http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/godfather-label/muse-last-chance-to-lose-control-godfatherecords-gr-687/

Now since I have seen no official announcements by the band, I wonder if it is real? Does anybody know?

Hi everyone,

Today I came across a review of a cd featuring some tracks played at reading festival 2011 (the OoS gig). This is the review: http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/godfather-label/muse-last-chance-to-lose-control-godfatherecords-gr-687/

Now since I have seen no official announcements by the band, I wonder if it is real? Does anybody know?

Definitely not official. Itsounds like they've recorded the audio of the BBC programme.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey all, just wondering what colour your exogenesis eps are, since I've only heard of it being black but mine is a white vinyl. Just wondering why I haven heard of any other white vinyls and what release mine would be then?

I got it off ebay. It is proper, as far as im aware. It has the same cover and quality as the normal black vinyls, and ive just posted the details ive taken straight off the vinyl onto the thread i made at musecollectors. You could go and check it out there or ill repost them here in about 10 minutes when i turn my computer on. It was still sealed when i bought it too, shrink wrapped.

so im looking at my exogenesis, and the address in the hardly visible address words under the track listing and engineer and website details on the back of the cover is referencing a 'Warner Music Group Company, 3300 Warner Blvd, Burbank, CA 91505-4694;" and the more addresses. The barcode is a small eight on the left of the barcode, then within the barcode the numbers are 2564681891 then on the right side of the barcode outside is a small 4.

On the spine it has the numbers 524341-0 on the top, then the middle it says "MUSE/EXOGENESIS: SYMPHONY (PARTS 1-3)" then at the bottom of the spine "WARNER BROS."

Now, on the vinyl, the side with the track listing has the normal track listing and then under it it has the warner brothers logo and the Helium-3 logo right next to it, then the same numbers on the spine (524341-0) under it, then under that it has the speed (33 1/3 RPM)

Underneath this is the small text saying who has copyrights and the such. It says Warner Bros Records, Warner Music UK limited, and that its manufactured in the netherlands.

Really? :S okay. well i took photos yesterday of the vinyl, not of the cover, since itd be kinda hard to see anything haha since it has the waxy type writing thats hard to see :p I just dont understand why someone would go to such lengths to make such a copy and a different colour? why not make it black and no-one would ever know its a fake copy?

Photo0429.thumb.jpg.873d3d577bf7858c06c014a2e99874c4.jpg

Photo0430.thumb.jpg.2fa520bc0b35315d7878ee42f2f2e0e6.jpg

Photo0431.thumb.jpg.7e8c677966f8d7bc1db9b36b8b636fbe.jpg

Really? :S okay. well i took photos yesterday of the vinyl, not of the cover, since itd be kinda hard to see anything haha since it has the waxy type writing thats hard to see :p I just dont understand why someone would go to such lengths to make such a copy and a different colour? why not make it black and no-one would ever know its a fake copy?

I don't know whether black vinyl is harder to come by, or more expensive.

It's really strange; I haven't heard about any white versions of the release, but it looks very much like the real deal.

When i unsealed it and saw it was white i searched on the internet for a white release but i couldnt find it. and then i compared it with the black release. There was a theory that it is one of the 500 US released vinyls, but another member of another site i am with has said his is US and it is black. I can't think of any reason it is white, maybe it is one of a few rare ones? is there anyway to contact the Muse official release team regarding this? And yeah thats what the other members at musecollectors think too, it does seem real.

There is only five copies of the ''white'' Exogenesis. The lucky owners can visit with Matt the music studios when Muse are recording their new album. They could sing a couple of song with the zeta workers Muse has.

Sounds realistic to me, according the last video Tom upload to twitter.

---

Sorry, i have no clue, maybe a misteke in the production of the vinyl?