Muse Collecting Discussion and Questions

Niall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've come for advice on what you guys think. What do you think should be in an extended Muse collection? Digitally, I have everything they've released (EPs, Singles, Albums, Live Albums, Demos) and then some. But what I'm thinking of is my physical collection. What I currently own is the Showbiz CD, Origin of Symmetry CD, Hullabaloo 2CD, Absolution CD, Black Holes and Revelations CD, HAARP CD+DVD, The Resistance CD+DVD, The 2nd Law CD+DVD, Live at Rome Olympic Stadium CD+DVD and Drones CD+DVD. I also have Absolution Tour DVD and Hullabaloo 2DVD on the way. I've been a Muse fan since 2009, but I'm just a teen, and I've just gotten into hardcore collecting. Anyway, I was thinking I'd get the vinyl edition of each album once we either fix our turntable or get a new one, and possibly replace my Absolution CD with the CD+DVD edition. But what else do you think should be in my collection? Please note that I live in America, so anything too hard to get here, even on eBay, is out of the picture. I've also just got an extra jobs-allowance-detasseling salary, but I'll work that out.

I've come for advice on what you guys think. What do you think should be in an extended Muse collection? Digitally, I have everything they've released (EPs, Singles, Albums, Live Albums, Demos) and then some. But what I'm thinking of is my physical collection. What I currently own is the Showbiz CD, Origin of Symmetry CD, Hullabaloo 2CD, Absolution CD, Black Holes and Revelations CD, HAARP CD+DVD, The Resistance CD+DVD, The 2nd Law CD+DVD, Live at Rome Olympic Stadium CD+DVD and Drones CD+DVD. I also have Absolution Tour DVD and Hullabaloo 2DVD on the way. I've been a Muse fan since 2009, but I'm just a teen, and I've just gotten into hardcore collecting. Anyway, I was thinking I'd get the vinyl edition of each album once we either fix our turntable or get a new one, and possibly replace my Absolution CD with the CD+DVD edition. But what else do you think should be in my collection? Please note that I live in America, so anything too hard to get here, even on eBay, is out of the picture. I've also just got an extra jobs-allowance-detasseling salary, but I'll work that out.

I'd go for some of the 7" vinyls, either the clear ones from the Absolution era or a picture disc one from the BH&R era.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All

I have the above CD in my music collection and was hoping someone on this site might be able to give me some information about it. I have done a small amount of research on line so I know the basics, but what I wanted to find out is just how common the CD is. I was unable to track down exactly how many of these were produced, my assumption is that it was a mail order service so the amount produced and distributed would roughly equate to the number of subscribers.

If anyone could give me any information with regards to this I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am new here and don't really know how any of this works, but I have a question I hope someone can answer for me.

Recently I acquired the last of the six vinyl picture discs that I know of. I have never seen any metion of others than SMBH, Starlight, KoC, Invincible, Resistance and Reapers. Of course I am very glad to now have these six singles, but my question is: are there any others?

Another question I have is: does anyone know how many copies were ever made of these vinyls?

Anyway, I hope someone knows.

tamar

Hi, I am new here and don't really know how any of this works, but I have a question I hope someone can answer for me.

Recently I acquired the last of the six vinyl picture discs that I know of. I have never seen any metion of others than SMBH, Starlight, KoC, Invincible, Resistance and Reapers. Of course I am very glad to now have these six singles, but my question is: are there any others?

Another question I have is: does anyone know how many copies were ever made of these vinyls?

Anyway, I hope someone knows.

tamar

I think that's all of them. As for numbers they made 5000 copies of reapers but last time I checked they hadn't sold out.

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I've got all the albums, Hullabaloo and HAARP and just managed to pick up a Knights of Cydonia single(the benelux version I think) for 2€. Not a massive win, but a nice one to add. Also got a buylist in a local second-hand record shop for any and all singles by Muse and a few other bands, already got some nice scores from that for other collections :p

• 4 months later...

So I'm thinking off selling off the majority of Muse Collection (a list of most of what I have can be found on my profile) as I really need the space it's all taking up. Looking for advice whether I should stick it all on ebay together or auction it as individual items?