Muse Collecting Discussion and Questions

Niall

Welcome to the new consolidated central thread for all collecting concerns :)

Your Muse Collection

Use this thread to discuss any collecting matter, you collections of release and merch, and ask any questions you have.

You might want to check out and contribute to the MuseWiki Discography, which is currently the largest discography of Muse releases in existance. You might have noticed this section of MuseWiki is now integreated into the discography on the new Muse website, and is a great resource for anyone looking to collect Muse releases. You may also wish to visit the fan website musecollectors.com too.

Is this item authentic?

If you want to check if an item you've found for sale is authentic this is the place to ask! If you want to get a better confirmation then Muse Management have set up an email address that you can get certain items checked. Before contacting them, please read their guidelines here. The email address is help@muse.mu.

Please use these guidelines when contacting Muse Management:

- Please only contact us about one-off or high value items (ie not badges, stickers etc!).

- Please note that we will rarely be able to offer 100% certainty on the authenticity of signatures, but we will give you an opinion.

- Please contact us as early as possible into a listing in order to give us the time to research the item. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to reply to all emails especially if they are sent too close to the listing end date.

- Please title your email as follows: EBAY ITEM QUERY

- Please ONLY contact us about Ebay items on this address. Emails on other subjects will not receive a response.

- We will not be able to accept liability for any unsatisfactory item bought on Ebay. Items bought are done so entirely at the buyers risk.

Please note that Muse have only ever released two live albums: Hullabaloo (on DVD and CD) and HAARP (on CD+DVD). Any other live album you find is not authentic and you should not pay for it! Instead please visit the fan websites MuseBootlegs.com and Muselive.com for free access to recordings of Muse performances, and of course, check the Bootlegs forum here!

Edited by Matthijs

Okay so... I'll admit it, I'm still a little new to all this muse stuff... and I have no clue what this is...

So I went to this store the other day called Utopia, because it's the only store I know of near me that sells vinyl records. I wanted to get a new record, and I knew from previous visits that they had Showbiz. I went there, looked through the 'M's until I had found Muse, grabbed Showbiz, walked up to the register, bought it, and walked out of the store, happy with my new record. When I got home, I went to my room (Because that's where my record player is) And opened it. I pull out the little poster inserts first, and then pull up the actual record... expecting it to be a classic black one, but to my astonishment, it was transparent. It took me a second to realize that it was a clear vinyl (and I flipped out with happiness because I love clear vinyls)

But the thing is... I have and had no clue that this thing even existed... :stunned: My first thought was to come and ask you guys about this (because you know everything :p )

So... Do you guys have any information about this beautiful thing? The date on the back says '2009' so clearly it's some sort of special rerelease... So think you guys can help me be a little, unconfused about this? :LOL:

Thanks in advance for your help :happy:

Ok this is actually serious.

The user PlugInShowbiz sold me a drum stick signed by Dom (pics and all) for 50 euros. I paid for it via PayPal about 5 months ago and it has never arrived. I believe i've been conned out of this

I posted this in the old thread and no one took it serious but I took it a bit further.

I contacted her via a different form of contact semi-anonymously asking her if I could buy a drum stick I saw advertised a few months ago on here.

She said she decided not to sell it. So not only has she conned me out of 50 euros, she has also lied about the drum stick being posted and also never told me of her change of mind.

Because I did it via PayPal I can report JESSICA SHADWICK (That's who I bought it from - shaddywick on Twitter) and get my money back plus PayPal will fine her. I am unsure, do you think I should report her?

She also said on Twitter that it was never her. First she decided to not sell it she said, and then said it was never her. It doesn't add up. She contacted me when I wanted to first buy it via Gmail, and her Gmail profile picture is the same as her Twitter profile, so it certainly is her.

Also, if I now reply to her, she has blocked me on Twitter. She clearly doesn't want to co-operate :( All I want is my money back

I am very annoyed that I have had to come to this. I was promised a signed drumstick of Dom by a supposedly trusted and popular muser, and now I have this problem!

What do you think I should do? I am not finished and won't be unless I either have the drum stick or my money back.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but it is the most suitable sounding thread.

Please PM me, I have taken contact with all members of Muse and Tom Kirk. I will email Kirk later with an explanation to see if anything can be done, as Jessica can not co-operate. She seems to be refusing to.

Thanks! I hope one of you can help me!

Jack

Edited by jackparker

• 2 weeks later...
Ok this is actually serious.

The user PlugInShowbiz sold me a drum stick signed by Dom (pics and all) for 50 euros. I paid for it via PayPal about 5 months ago and it has never arrived. I believe i've been conned out of this

I posted this in the old thread and no one took it serious but I took it a bit further.

I contacted her via a different form of contact semi-anonymously asking her if I could buy a drum stick I saw advertised a few months ago on here.

She said she decided not to sell it. So not only has she conned me out of 50 euros, she has also lied about the drum stick being posted and also never told me of her change of mind.

Because I did it via PayPal I can report JESSICA SHADWICK (That's who I bought it from - shaddywick on Twitter) and get my money back plus PayPal will fine her. I am unsure, do you think I should report her?

She also said on Twitter that it was never her. First she decided to not sell it she said, and then said it was never her. It doesn't add up. She contacted me when I wanted to first buy it via Gmail, and her Gmail profile picture is the same as her Twitter profile, so it certainly is her.

Also, if I now reply to her, she has blocked me on Twitter. She clearly doesn't want to co-operate :( All I want is my money back

I am very annoyed that I have had to come to this. I was promised a signed drumstick of Dom by a supposedly trusted and popular muser, and now I have this problem!

What do you think I should do? I am not finished and won't be unless I either have the drum stick or my money back.

I don't know if this is the right place to post but it is the most suitable sounding thread.

Please PM me, I have taken contact with all members of Muse and Tom Kirk. I will email Kirk later with an explanation to see if anything can be done, as Jessica can not co-operate. She seems to be refusing to.

Thanks! I hope one of you can help me!

Jack

Just report her to paypal. Even if she says it was never her, she received your money and you are entitled to get it back since she never sold you the item. Did you keep all the e-mails you got from her? They could be useful.

But why would you contact Muse or Tom Kirk? What do you expect them to do? They're not responsible for what happened between this girl and you. :wtf:

Just report her to paypal. Even if she says it was never her, she received your money and you are entitled to get it back since she never sold you the item. Did you keep all the e-mails you got from her? They could be useful.

But why would you contact Muse or Tom Kirk? What do you expect them to do? They're not responsible for what happened between this girl and you. :wtf:

I still have the emails and messages from her and I'll use them once I get an explanation from her in full. Not a "It wasn't me."

I contacted Kirky and he replied to me offering to help which is good. But it's all a bit on the quiet front now :(

Well, someone should start off with a listing of his/her collection:

Muse EP (unnumbered promo)

Showbiz (U.S. CD)

Showbiz (Japanese Limited Edition CD)

Showbiz (Japanese CD reissue)

Showbiz (Korean CD)

Showbiz (Korean cassette)

Showbiz (Vinyl Reissue)

Showbiz (U.S. 12-track promo)

Showbiz (U.S. 2-track sampler)

Showbiz (U.S. gold-stamped promo)

Showbiz (perspex promo)

Showbiz (MiniDisc)

Showbiz box set (French)

Muscle Museum EP (U.S. promo)

Uno CD

Cave 1 & 2

Cave EP (U.S. promo)

Unintended 1 & 2

Sunburn 1 & 2

Sunburn (German promo CD)

Random 1-8 EP (misprinted logo)

Random 1-8 EP (correct logo)

Helping You Back to Work: The Ultimate Collection

Origin of Symmetry (U.S. CD)

Origin of Symmetry (Japanese CD)

Origin of Symmetry (Korean CD)

Origin of Symmetry (Korean cassette)

Origin of Symmetry (Vinyl Reissue)

Hyper Music/Feeling Good 1 & 2

Hyper Music box set (Japanese)

New Born 1 & 2

Bliss 1 & 2

Bliss (DVD)

Plug in Baby 1 & 2

Plug in Baby (Japanese CD)

Dead Star (Japanese EP)

Dead Star (French EP with instrumental)

Hullabaloo (U.K. CD)

Hullabaloo (Korean CD)

Hullabaloo (Japanese CD)

Hullabaloo (Japanese digipak)

Hullabaloo (U.K. DVD)

Hullabaloo (Japanese DVD)

Hullabaloo (Indonesian cassette)

1 Love

Absolution (U.K Limited Edition with Making of DVD)

Absolution (U.S. CD)

Absolution (Japanese CD)

Absolution (Australian Limited Tour Edition)

Absolution (Korean CD)

Absolution (Korean cassette)

Absolution (Vinyl Reissue)

Absolution (U.S. gold-stamped promo)

Absolution (static bag promo)

Butterflies & Hurricanes (CD)

Butterflies & Hurricanes (DVD)

Butterflies & Hurricanes (static bag promo)

Sing For Absolution (Australian CD/DVD)

Sing For Absolution box set (Dutch)

Sing For Absolution (static bag promo)

Hysteria (CD)

Hysteria (DVD)

Hysteria (German CD)

Hysteria (U.S. acetate promo)

Hysteria (static bag promo)

Time Is Running Out (CD)

Time Is Running Out (DVD)

Time Is Running Out (U.S. acetate promo)

Time Is Running Out (static bag promo)

Stockholm Syndrome (U.S. promo CD)

Black Holes and Revelations (U.S. Limited Edition with Absolution Tour DVD)

Black Holes and Revelations (Japanese Tour Edition)

Black Holes and Revelations (Korean Tour Edition)

Black Holes and Revelations (Vinyl)

Black Holes and Revelations (Indonesian cassette)

Black Holes and Revelations (U.S. gold-stamped promo)

Starlight (CD)

Starlight (DVD)

Starlight (U.S. acetate promo--1 track)

Starlight (U.S. acetate promo--2 track)

Invincible (CD)

Invincible (DVD)

Invincible (7" vinyl)

Invincible (static bag black promo)

Invincible (static bag grey promo)

Knights of Cydonia (CD)

Knights of Cydonia (DVD)

Knights of Cydonia (CD promo)

Knights of Cydonia (U.S. acetate promo)

Supermassive Black Hole (CD)

Supermassive Black Hole (DVD)

Supermassive Black Hole (7" vinyl)

Supermassive Black Hole (U.S. acetate promo)

H.A.A.R.P. (U.S. CD/DVD)

H.A.A.R.P. (U.K. box set)

H.A.A.R.P. (U.S. acetate promo)

The Supermassive Selection

Some of the biggest, loudest, rock songs... promo

The Resistance (U.S. CD)

The Resistance (Muse.mu Limited Edition box set with 5.1 DVD)

Uprising (CD)

Uprising (rubber promo)

Uprising (card promo)

Uprising (U.S. test pressing promo)

Undisclosed Desires (German CD)

Undisclosed Desires (German Maxi CD)

Undisclosed Desires (card promo)

Resistance (CD)

Resistance (7" vinyl)

Resistance (card promo)

Resistance (U.S. acetate promo)

Exogenesis EP (12" vinyl)