Muse Blonde Moments

<3Matt

so basically, this is my first thread, about when you've made an embarrasing blunder when it comes to muse knowledge.

this was inspired by the fact that everyone at school knows im completely insane about muse, but my boyfriend has just enlightened me that i dont have all the muse songs, and he only likes them..... in case you're wondering, i was missing all their unreleased songs, and some from the Newton Abbot Demo. how embarrasing. :$

During the Newark gig last October, as the intro to Citizen Erased was being played I yelled out "DEAD STAR!!!":facepalm: It took me a few seconds to realize what the real song was. :$

It took me a few seconds too! I was so convinced it was going to be Eurasia that after the riff started, I was like, "What is this......? Holy shit it's Citizen- OH MY GOD CITIZEN ERASED YESSSSSS :dance:"

I bought OoS off iTunes, so I had the order of all the songs after Micro Cuts messed up and I was convinced that was the actual order. iTunes should really get that fixed... :noey:

It took me a few seconds too! I was so convinced it was going to be Eurasia that after the riff started, I was like, "What is this......? Holy shit it's Citizen- OH MY GOD CITIZEN ERASED YESSSSSS :dance:"

I bought OoS off iTunes, so I had the order of all the songs after Micro Cuts messed up and I was convinced that was the actual order. iTunes should really get that fixed... :noey:

someone must have told you to fix that order ;)

Whee what a great thread! Me likey very much :D

Erm #1 Don't think the not-owning of early/demo stuff automatically disqualifies you from being a muser. I don't have everything :$ (but this will be rectified...)

Erm #2 Not recognising Muse songs? Don't worry - you're in good company - Matt has trouble too :LOL:

For the record, I have had many blonde moments eg getting the members mixed up, mishearing lyrics, not knowing who Tom Kirk was, singing at the wrong moment at gigs blah blah blah. I'm a rubbish muser really - ought to go back to muser school :rolleyes:

It took me a few seconds too! I was so convinced it was going to be Eurasia that after the riff started, I was like, "What is this......? Holy shit it's Citizen- OH MY GOD CITIZEN ERASED YESSSSSS :dance:"QUOTE]

I thought it was going to be USOE as well. I was standing there waiting for the calm piano intro to begin and then that riff happened. As soon as I realized it was Citizen Erased, I almost lost it! I was literally jumping up and down and laughing and screaming like crazy! I must have looked like a maniac to my mom and cousin. :rolleyes:

I'm such a fangirl :facepalm:

I kept trying to convince everyone on my twitter that Muse performed Sing For Absolution on HAARP, i kept moaning why wasn't it on youtube and everything until i checked the back of HAARP and realised they didn't perform it after all... :erm:

You can probably find all them songs on Muselive if you want to find them. :)

My blonde moment would be that I thought Muse were the men on the front of the BHAR cover.

i used to think this too :chuckle:

especially because the first time i saw them was in the Knights of Cydonia video and well the robot would get in the way so it looked like there were 4 of them

During the Newark gig last October, as the intro to Citizen Erased was being played I yelled out "DEAD STAR!!!":facepalm: It took me a few seconds to realize what the real song was. :$

i did this with Bliss :$ i ended up shouting Map of the Problematique only to realize a couple of seconds later what it really was

:facepalm::chuckle:

I kept trying to convince everyone on my twitter that Muse performed Sing For Absolution on HAARP, i kept moaning why wasn't it on youtube and everything until i checked the back of HAARP and realised they didn't perform it after all... :erm:

well they did perform it, but it wasn't on the album or the dvd.

if you watch the slideshow you can hear it though, but it's not the entire song

so technically it is on there

:erm:

I had maaaaaaany blonde moments since i first heard of Muse but those I can remember now is that When I listen to SMBH I thought that the singer was psycho hysterical maniac with blonde long hair.Then I was confused and mixed up the band's members too after I have seen the vid when they have switched places and Dom pretends he sings.

And I also thought that Muse was a german band:facepalm:

Erm #2 Not recognising Muse songs? Don't worry - you're in good company - Matt has trouble too :LOL:

It's one of those moments when you're so surprised that your mind gets all messed up and it takes a few seconds to comprehend what's actually happening.

I thought it was going to be USOE as well. I was standing there waiting for the calm piano intro to begin and then that riff happened. As soon as I realized it was Citizen Erased, I almost lost it! I was literally jumping up and down and laughing and screaming like crazy! I must have looked like a maniac to my mom and cousin. :rolleyes:

I'm such a fangirl :facepalm:

Me too! I literally said to my dad, "Eurasia's next." Then BAM! Matt runs out with a guitar. I almost knocked over the people in my row because I was so excited. Then people SAT DOWN :fear:

I am too :facepalm:

It's one of those moments when you're so surprised that your mind gets all messed up and it takes a few seconds to comprehend what's actually happening.

Me too! I literally said to my dad, "Eurasia's next." Then BAM! Matt runs out with a guitar. I almost knocked over the people in my row because I was so excited. Then people SAT DOWN :fear:

I am too :facepalm:

They SAT DOWN?!?! Do they even realize what an epic song that is and the fact that it wasn't played in the States for 3 years?! I fear for the musical taste of this country. They are not twue Amewican Musers! :phu:

They SAT DOWN?!?! Do they even realize what an epic song that is and the fact that it wasn't played in the States for 3 years?! I fear for the musical taste of this country. They are not twue Amewican Musers! :phu:

THEY SAT DOWN! AND THEN THEY GOT BACK UP AND WENT CRAZY FOR KoC! I WAS RUNNING AROUND SHOUTING HOW THEY HADN'T PLAYED CE IN SO LONG AND THEY LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS CRAZY. :fear: SHAME ON YOU AMERICA, SHAME ON YOU.

... That is all... :phu:

My reaction exactly. :LOL: I screamed so loud I think I blew out a few people's ears…and then I was like, WHERE THE FUCK DID MY CAMERA GO HOW DO I TURN THIS ON OMG IT'S CITIZEN FUCKING ERASED WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

THEY SAT DOWN! AND THEN THEY GOT BACK UP AND WENT CRAZY FOR KoC! I WAS RUNNING AROUND SHOUTING HOW THEY HADN'T PLAYED CE IN SO LONG AND THEY LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS CRAZY. :fear: SHAME ON YOU AMERICA, SHAME ON YOU.

... That is all... :phu:

I was right on the barrier and even there people were talking through it. :noey:

Archived