Muse Blonde Moments

<3Matt

My reaction exactly. :LOL: I screamed so loud I think I blew out a few people's ears…and then I was like, WHERE THE FUCK DID MY CAMERA GO HOW DO I TURN THIS ON OMG IT'S CITIZEN FUCKING ERASED WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

I was right on the barrier and even there people were talking through it. :noey:

:LOL: I was literally shaking but I managed to get some awesome pictures :awesome:

:noey: Again, shame on you (for thinking you're annnn exceeppttioonnn) America.

I can't believe people would actually sit down at a Muse concert :noey: (the only time I sat down was during the break before the encore, but that's acceptable!) Even my mom, who only likes Uprising and SMBH, was standing and visibly enjoying the show.

Back to blonde moments, when I first heard SMBH , I thought the single cover (the one with the naked woman) was the actual BH&R album cover and I thought the band was a bunch of old pervs and I refused to buy the album.:LOL:That's also kind of the reason I didn't really start listening to the band until about 6 months later.:ninja:

That happened to me too! Also I only knew Matt's full name. I knew Dom as just "Dom" and Chris as "Chris with the really long last name".:LOL:

Me too!! it took me a while to learn Chris's last name!

I see that Dead Star reference :ninja:

And yeah, shame on you Americans that don't know any songs and get [usually] the best seats just because you're filthy rich and only know one song!!

:ninja:

Or they just go to drink and stand there! There were people right in front of me too who just danced around to everything and didn't even know the words to songs like SMBH or Uprising :mad:

The first albums I bought were Showbiz (because it was cheap) and BH&R (thinking it was Origin).

I thought the guy on the Absolution cover was Matt. For a long time.

I thought they were an American band for ages.

For some reason, I get the titles/lyrics of Space Dementia and Hyper Music confused.

At a concert, there was a lull between songs where it became very quiet. As they played the first notes of their next song, I said "wait... oh my god. OH MY GOD. IT'S FURY." It was Nishe :facepalm:

I'm sure I've had more derp moments, but these are the first that jump to mind.

My blonde moment would be that I thought Muse were the men on the front of the BHAR cover.

This. But it gets better...

I thought the guy on the Absolution cover was Matt. For a long time.

This, too. I thought Matt must've shaved his head between albums or something. :LOL:

Lessee... I thought the lyrics to Overture were "raping my soul."

I used to get Map of the Problematique and Map of Your Head confused. All the time.

KoC was played on the Triple J Hottest 100 when I had just started listening to the band. My initial reaction: "The fuck is this shit?"

Now it's one of my favourites. :LOL:

Um, there's probably more I'm forgetting.

I used to get Map of the Problematique and Map of Your Head confused. All the time.

That's still better than MOTP with Exo-Poliltics, though! And I too was guilty of the BHAR cover thing...even after knowing Muse were a trio.

Erm #1 Don't think the not-owning of early/demo stuff automatically disqualifies you from being a muser. I don't have everything :$ (but this will be rectified...)

I agree with this, I own all the albums but I have no way of getting the b-sides and stuff unless I illegally download them, I still listen to them though.

My main blonde moment with Muse is probably just with lyrics, I'm not very good with lyrics for most songs, whatever band it is, I'm usually too busy singing along to the instrumental bits

It took me a few seconds too! I was so convinced it was going to be Eurasia that after the riff started, I was like, "What is this......? Holy shit it's Citizen- OH MY GOD CITIZEN ERASED YESSSSSS :dance:"

Ha, I only needed the first "dum-dum" of the drums at Wembley for me to go mental, knowing what was about to happen! That was such a great moment! Same as when Matt was just quietly arpeggiating some chords between songs, and I knew I could recognise them. Then I heard someone else gasped, and it clicked, and I just knew "It's Bliss! :dance:" before it had started. I love when that happens.

I'd also agree that it's hardly embarrassing not having the early demos and so on. I'd definitely recommend the b-sides and so on to everyone as there's so much underappreciated stuff in there, but I don't know any of the pre-Showbiz demos myself, and that doesn't particularly bother me really. I might give them a listen at some point, but they're not high on my list of priorities, and I've already gone 7-8 years without trying them out, so I'm not that bothered at the moment XD.

Ha, I only needed the first "dum-dum" of the drums at Wembley for me to go mental, knowing what was about to happen! That was such a great moment! Same as when Matt was just quietly arpeggiating some chords between songs, and I knew I could recognise them. Then I heard someone else gasped, and it clicked, and I just knew "It's Bliss! :dance:" before it had started. I love when that happens.

Ah, but we live in America, so when things like that happen your first reaction is, "WHAT'S HAPPENING!?" ;)

Ah, but we live in America, so when things like that happen your first reaction is, "WHAT'S HAPPENING!?" ;)

:yesey: Most Musers here in the States knew the setlist before the show even began(stupid repetitive setlists)! When CE came on, that kinda threw me off track, in an awesome way of course! :D

Guilty! :LOL: I have screwed up so many lyrics when I first started listening to them! I still do sometimes :$

Not Muse specifically but at Wembley before they came on, Jenny Was a Friend of Mine was playing over the PA and i went, "Kasabian!!!" much to the laughter of others around me :facepalm:

What! It's a fairly easy mistake to make with the keyboard/synth and all that. I think i thought it was the intro of Club Foot :rolleyes:

:yesey: Most Musers here in the States knew the setlist before the show even began(stupid repetitive setlists)! When CE came on, that kinda threw me off track, in an awesome way of course! :D

+1 :yesey:

Thought the chorus to Bliss was, "Give me all the Bliss and joy in your mind" :p

I was convinced for ages that in Resistance, instead of "protect us from further harm" it was "protect us from far behind." :facepalm:

Archived