Muse influences (classical music)

flowerwalk

I think this one also inspired the middle part of Assassin GOBE…also, anyone else hear a bit of Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto no. 2 in Megalomania as well or is it just me?

btw, never saw that bit of Matt playing Chopin's Ocean etude before……always loved that one. Very interesting to see how he interpreted it, even if it was a bit botched up. :D

I hear it too :yesey:

Matt playing a little of Rachmaninov's Prelude in C sharp minor from Morceux de Fantaisie before Screenager (different from the last one I posted about):

It's very short, but oh well :happy:

Another one: Liszt's Campanella is at the very end, again it's really short:

sorry, just realized i said that the ocean etude by chopin was op. 15, but it is op. 25! So

here's another clip of matt's piano (which i'm pretty sure you've all seen, but just in case): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mviru-24fk4&feature=rec-lgout-exp_fresh+div-1r-3-hm

according to someone in the comments he's playing the ocean etude.

never can have enough piano matt.

Collateral Damage, the second part of United States Of Eurasia is a cover of a Chopin waltz in Eb major (that's not what it's called, I can't remember the name). So I guess that could be a direct link to his classical background.

You are close, it's the Nocturne in Eb by Chopin. Beautiful melody!

I love that Matt emulates certain "classical" style music in his compositions.

Have you noticed how much like the Bach/Gonoud "Ave Maria" the Muse tune "Soldier's Poem" is? It is beautiful!

And Rachmaninoff is all over the place, especially on some Origin of Symmetry tunes (wish I could go to the Reading Festival in August!!!) Love it!

Classical influences are great. There's a complete solid structure,

Yet it can be made so incredibly intricate. With that in mind, there's so much to it. Unique chord progressions come very naturally, and variance stems out of everything. The deeper into it you get, the more you realize it.

• 1 year later...
I'm not getting it. Is there a KoC part in that song? I am listening to it now, and can't hear anything like that :indiff:

Referring to HAARP, I'm assuming...I have to admit, ever since I saw that, Whenever I hear that song playing, anywhere, I always end up starting the live KOC in my head straight after it, haha! :LOL:

Space dementia (and tear us apart and make us meaningless again) tune exactly the same as part of a Rachmaninov piano piece (can't remember which one sorry)

Space Dementia is inspired by Rachmaninov piano concerto 2 (the most used concerto by Muse i.e. Space Dementia, USOE, NSC, Prelude, Survival to an extend)

Referring to HAARP, I'm assuming...I have to admit, ever since I saw that, Whenever I hear that song playing, anywhere, I always end up starting the live KOC in my head straight after it, haha! :LOL:

Oh, right, where they used that as an intro to the show? That song is horribly clichéd (as in: used so much it's become a cliché).

I think of The Apprentice :chuckle: I never really relate it to Muse because I never listen to 'Intro' on HAARP, I always just skip to Knights.

Archived