Make up shows? (STL)

rebelmusic

Didn't one of the guys say something about making it up to FL next year for skipping them? I'm thinking it was on twitter.....? :unsure: If they are thinking about it, hopefully they wouldn't leave you Missourians out :)

Florida? Don't tease me . . .

I think shows in MO before the next official tour depend totally on:

1. Muse headlining at Lolla, and if so,

2. How badly they miss being on stage by the time Lolla is officially announced.

Geographically, it'd be a no-brainer to do it then, but I've also quickly learned that one should not use Muse and the term "no-brainer" in the same thought.

Another thing to consider is that even if Muse really do want to make it up to fans that had canceled shows (or no shows at all like Florida)... it just probably won't be feasible until the next album-tour cycle. I can't see the band lugging all their towers and lights and props all the way back to America just so they can do 3 or 4 makeup shows. I also can't see them playing any kind of stripped down performance. And I definitely can't see them doing another full scale tour across the country until the next album.

So I'm going to change my mind and say that even if they do Lolla next year, it'll probably be the only show.

Another thing to consider is that even if Muse really do want to make it up to fans that had canceled shows (or no shows at all like Florida)... it just probably won't be feasible until the next album-tour cycle. I can't see the band lugging all their towers and lights and props all the way back to America just so they can do 3 or 4 makeup shows. I also can't see them playing any kind of stripped down performance. And I definitely can't see them doing another full scale tour across the country until the next album.

So I'm going to change my mind and say that even if they do Lolla next year, it'll probably be the only show.

You are probably right, it won't be logically profitable for them to use the arena stage set, but I think it would be a good chance to try playing a few new songs for the next album to get the feed back from their fans, without the stage set or not. I don't think they would think that way, though. :(

• 1 month later...

Archived