1) Are we idiots because we were sensible with our money? OR knew that attending so many concerts of one tour may possible devalue the experience of seeing the band..... or any band in fact? OR knew that attending so many gigs of one tour may lead to repetition of songs?

2) It was my first time I saw muse live too. So what? I don't think attending that many concerts of one tour makes up for the fact I missed all the classic gigs.. Maybe so you can boast to people?

3) All that money you spent going to 6 more gigs than me and the only songs you heard live that I didn't were B&H, NSC, IBTY & SP...

1) Being "sensible" with your money is relative. You might think it's sensible to spend that money on something else, but maybe it won't be all that sensible to me. The fact is that I was in a position where I could go to a lot of gigs, and so I decided to do just that.

Wow, do you seriously think I went into this tour thinking that every gig I went to I'd get a completely new set of songs? If that was the case I'd probably have seen 150+ different songs by now, which is pretty much their entire back catalogue. Please.

2) I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make here. I saw the setlist polls as my chance to make up for missing certain songs in the past. Did that plan fail? Yes, miserably.

3) And your point is....what exactly? That you happened to get a bit luckier with your gigs? Good for you.

9 shows seems a bit excessive to me. To much of a good thing. Still, it's your money, so use it however you see fit.

Back on topic, I hope they completely scrap the stage design. The spectacle of towers was amazing, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see something more scaled down and intimate. I'm not suggesting they play tiny pubs supported by the mountain goats, but I would love to see a stage that is visually interesting and unique, large enough to justify an arena or large theatre and manages to form a tighter connection between the band and the crowd then this tour did.

Like ari, I will try and see muse as many times as I can on the next tour to make up for the fact that I have never seen them (won't be 9 times tho as I am 16 and broke). It's not about what tour you see them on, the set lists etc. you have no way of knowing what they are going to be like and yes of coarse it will be repetitive but if you enjoy the gigs as a whole it's money well spent. For me it's all about seeing my favourite band as many times as I can before they no longer exist. I don't want to regret not going to gigs I could have gone to, who knows how much longer they will be around :(

Also, some people seem to be missing the point anyway.

It DOES NOT matter how many gigs you went to this tour. It really doesn't. Let's look at some of the things that happened this tour, shall we?

* Stale setlists. Blaming it on the production.

* Bringing back old songs for a one-off in Turin, and then bringing back songs that were exclusive to Asia and Australia. Apparently the production didn't get in the way for those gigs.

* "I lost the pedal".

* Going from 18-19 songs to 15-16 for arena gigs. This is in fact ripping people off.

* Ignoring the setlist polls.

* Second night syndrome.

So having all this information in front of you, do you honestly sit there and say "durr well I didn't go to any gigs so I dunno" or "hurrdidurr I went to sooo many gigs so I really should have forseen the best live band in the world fucking their fans over durr"?

Come on.

All I really care about is the fact that I had an amazing time. I'm not disagreeing with you Ari, I think what your saying is true. The setlist was static enough for my dad who saw them twice in shows about a year apart to point out that, whilst both good, they were very similar. Muse were slack this tour, no doubt about it. Maybe this is my sheer ignorance speaking, but I'm still confident that this album and tour will be incredible. The only thing that's going to sway that view would be if, when the time comes, Muse prove me wrong.

Like ari, I will try and see muse as many times as I can on the next tour to make up for the fact that I have never seen them

Be prepared for your first gig to be emotional. My first Muse gig certainly was. I was almost in tears when they came on stage (O2 November 09). But then I was the same at my sixth Muse gig. Dee3Dee can tell you how much of a fangirl I was that night :LOL:

Reading through this thread, I think it's fair to say that the TR tour was pretty well-received amongst fans (myself included), but the three Muse gigs I've been to have been since the release of TR and therefore the gigs have been heavily influenced by it. I think the upcoming tour will be pretty epic and it will be nice to see the setlist shaken up a bit; I enjoyed Leeds last year for this reason (despite the fact I couldn't actually see anything :$ ).

As long as they come to the North of England and don't decrease the setlist time by half an hour like they did during my first gig (so they could hop on a ferry to Dublin, I believe) then I'll be happy and I can't wait to get my ticket :D

Be prepared for your first gig to be emotional. My first Muse gig certainly was. I was almost in tears when they came on stage (O2 November 09).

I've practically burst into tears and hyperventilated simultaneously (not a pretty sight) each time I've seen them, too. Mega emotional.

I've practically burst into tears and hyperventilated simultaneously (not a pretty sight) each time I've seen them, too. Mega emotional.

I think it helped that there were big gaps between most of the gigs I went to. Enough time to get super-excited again. I think Reading was the most excited I've ever been for any gig in my life, knowing that I was about to experience OoS in full.

I think it helped that there were big gaps between most of the gigs I went to. Enough time to get super-excited again. I think Reading was the most excited I've ever been for any gig in my life, knowing that I was about to experience OoS in full.

Yeah, I think every gig I've been to has had about a year in between, so maybe not enough time. I was so hyped about seeing OoS in full too, and from what I heard it was great... :rolleyes: