Muse & religion

lightup

*in before lock*

Oh and Matt is an athiest. Quote musewiki:

Bellamy is an atheist: "Being an atheist means you have to realise that when you die, that really is it. You've got to make the most of what you've got here and spread as much influence as you can. I believe that you only live through the influence that you spread, whether that means having a kid or making music".[

*in before lock*

Oh and Matt is an athiest. Quote musewiki:

Everytime I go on that page and see that quote, it really pisses me off. He is NOT Atheist. He was talking about Atheism in that interview, but doesn't state he is an Atheist [and if he was, he certainly isn't now]. In fact, he said on the Focus Rock interview in France that he believes in the 'God of the Universe'.

But yeah, this topic keeps being brought up. Search anyone? :p

they made a song based of what they really think in that time. I think he made TOADA or megalomania when he though about atheist/agnostic a lot. or he made a song who sounds like believe in God when he though about God a lot.

so it isn't really refers to religion :rolleyes:

that's what I think

Goodness me why is this always bought up.

MATT IS NOT AN ATHEIST HE IS AN AGNOSTIC K THANKS BYE

there is an interview i have seen where Matt has stated that he is an Atheist. so jump off... he stated it once before. and why would someone write a song called Thoughts of a Dying Atheist without being one anyway?

from what i have heard he is not against religion either. and i love the fact that his religious views make for good songs, especially Megalomania. that one really makes you think about what religion is coming to.

but i don't play it for my mom... she doesn't like Matt so much because he is an Atheist.

The album Absolution is all about things coming to an end in a certain person's point of view, Apocalypse Please= Religious person, TOADA= An Atheist, obviously. These do not immediately mean that Matt falls under these categories. As Caff clearly stated there are recent interviews where Matt discusses it, he is very unsure about religion and a lot of his views fall under Agnosticism.. if he doubts being an atheist then hes not hes an agnostic as he believes there could be a God. Again, he has shown interest in religion as I'm sure many people think about these kind of things some point in their lives.

I don't know why this pisses me off so much. I just think its just because people go "oh he wrotes song thoughts of dying atheist, hes atheist innit" Its the same as people saying I'm a gothic devil worshipper because I listen to Marilyn Manson

*sighs*

so basically he would lie in an interview? that is my point. if i could find the interview i would post it, but it's no longer on youtube.

but i guess people will believe what they want.

Bellamy is an atheist: "Being an atheist means you have to realise that when you die, that really is it. You've got to make the most of what you've got here and spread as much influence as you can. I believe that you only live through the influence that you spread, whether that means having a kid or making music".[1]

In 2000 Bellamy stated that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was "extremely cool" to have been able to deceive people into believing she remained a virgin after conceiving.[8]

Bellamy has also stated that God will never be cool due to Satan introducing rock'n'roll first. He said that "all those cloaks and everything" is "not a good look".[8]

In a session where Matt and Dom answered questions from fans, Bellamy stated that the celebrity alive or dead he'd most like to meet is Jesus Christ (Dom answered Jimi Hendrix for this question). Matt: I'd like to meet Jesus Christ. Eh just because I'd be interested to know how he did it all. You know what I mean? You know...making fish out of bushes and stuff. Walking on water. I'd like to meet someone who can do that. I think that'd be uh, certainly one of the most interesting people to meet I'd say.

*sighs*

so basically he would lie in an interview? that is my point. if i could find the interview i would post it, but it's no longer on youtube.

Bellamy is an atheist: "Being an atheist means you have to realise that when you die, that really is it. You've got to make the most of what you've got here and spread as much influence as you can. I believe that you only live through the influence that you spread, whether that means having a kid or making music".[1]

In 2000 Bellamy stated that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was "extremely cool" to have been able to deceive people into believing she remained a virgin after conceiving.[8]

Bellamy has also stated that God will never be cool due to Satan introducing rock'n'roll first. He said that "all those cloaks and everything" is "not a good look".[8]

In a session where Matt and Dom answered questions from fans, Bellamy stated that the celebrity alive or dead he'd most like to meet is Jesus Christ (Dom answered Jimi Hendrix for this question). Matt: I'd like to meet Jesus Christ. Eh just because I'd be interested to know how he did it all. You know what I mean? You know...making fish out of bushes and stuff. Walking on water. I'd like to meet someone who can do that. I think that'd be uh, certainly one of the most interesting people to meet I'd say.

How the heck does that mean he is an atheist!? :confused: I don't get it, he wouldn't say those things if he thought they didn't exist. Hes agnostic full stop, you are contradicting yourself and have resorted to me posting this:

KmmLs38lqQQ

*sighs*

Those last few quotes are from aaages ago. People's beliefs change you know. And of course he'd say that 'satan is cooler than god' thing, he was completely full of himself and all 'rockstar' back then. ;) And in the interview I mentioned earlier, he also starts tutting at Dom when he says he doesn't believe in God.

Plus, he's taking the piss out of Christianity a bit there. He doesn't state he's atheist. :p

funny thing is that is the interview i was talking about. where did you find it btw?

anyway... eh idk, maybe he is inbetween himself and doesn't know? he said he could be regarded as an atheist... i mean idk. apparently i was wrong you were right. so sorry.

Agnostics sometimes regard themselves as atheists but some regard themselves religious as well. I think its because people aren't as aware about agnosticism I was the same until a couple of years ago I felt God didn't exist anymore but I still prayed when I felt scared. As Yus say peoples beliefs change

No thats his views on what he thinks an atheist believes/on the song TOADA. He is on and off about religion, if he is an atheist why on earth would he go to Kingdom of Bhutan to learn about Buddhism?

Because atheists obviously don't want to learn about other cultures and traditions.

And also, Megalomania. It's an dark, anti-religious song that was not written from separate POV like the Absolution songs. Matt may even be an antitheist, but for now he is quoted as referring to himself as an atheist. Unlike some people his own ideas may vary and may not zealously pertain to any particular stance with regards to the supernatural.

Also, Christianity is not the belief there is a God. Theism is the belief in God the existence of God. It is a very specific set of beliefs about a specific God that is also three specific Gods. As an ignostic though, I think any discussion relating to the nature of God is oxymoronic and cannot happen since there is no definition on what "God" or anything else supernatural is.

Archived