Muse & religion

lightup

Because atheists obviously don't want to learn about other cultures and traditions.

And also, Megalomania. It's an dark, anti-religious song that was not written from separate POV like the Absolution songs. Matt may even be an antitheist, but for now he is quoted as referring to himself as an atheist. Unlike some people his own ideas may vary and may not zealously pertain to any particular stance with regards to the supernatural.

Also, Christianity is not the belief there is a God. Theism is the belief in God the existence of God. It is a very specific set of beliefs about a specific God that is also three specific Gods. As an ignostic though, I think any discussion relating to the nature of God is oxymoronic and cannot happen since there is no definition on what "God" or anything else supernatural is.

This is branching out a bit too much now :LOL:

• 2 years later...
How the heck does that mean he is an atheist!? :confused: I don't get it, he wouldn't say those things if he thought they didn't exist. Hes agnostic full stop, you are contradicting yourself and have resorted to me posting this:

KmmLs38lqQQ

Aww I love that interview. I've seen it before. It's one of my favourites. Nice to see it again. I think Matt is very spiritual and that comes out in the music.

Without meaning to offend anyone, I think religion is probably a social invention in relation to the rules etc, and specific things people are being asked to believe, but the feelings that underlie it are real. I would like to believe that we have those feelings for a reason and that reason is that there is more to life than we know.:)

The alternative way of looking at it is that we mean nothing apart from being here to produce the next generation and keep our own species alive and that spiritual feelings and ideas of an afterlife arise out of our need as a species to cope day to day, as we are the only species who are aware of their own mortality, but then that would mean there had been some kind of design wouldn't it? And that conflicts which the idea that it's all random. I'm trying to think of an evolutionary reason for spiritual feeling. It could I suppose just about falling in love in order to get laid and the human race has projected it as a result of sexual repression. Hmm.

Anyway love that Matt considers and feels this deep stuff and channels it through his music.

No thats his views on what he thinks an atheist believes/on the song TOADA. He is on and off about religion, if he is an atheist why on earth would he go to Kingdom of Bhutan to learn about Buddhism?

Buddhism is a religion, but it is atheist.

I would agree on the agonistic which is another word for open minded individual which he is and he cannot be put into a slot because the moment someone does he has jumped out going "ha ha you thought you'd win this time"

And at the moment i have heard on the news that they have managed to make a live synthetic cell in a science lab i would love to ask him if he sees it as the end of the human race and i mean the homo sapien which is what we are.

If there is two and they are created in the lab they will turn on the scientist and take over and we wont be able to stand up to them.

Theres a huge difference.

Christianity- Belief there is a God

Atheist- Belief there is no God

Agnostic- Belief that one cannot know if there is a god or not as either could be possible

If god could be an Alien lifeform(s). Than maybe I'm Agnostic. Not even sure about that though.

Without meaning to offend anyone, I think religion is probably a social invention in relation to the rules etc, and specific things people are being asked to believe, but the feelings that underlie it are real. I would like to believe that we have those feelings for a reason and that reason is that there is more to life than we know.:)

Yeah I think along the same lines.

Archived