fed up with confusing crammed up threads...

Red_sqwiwul

Hi, I posted a thread the other day, only to come back later to find it deleted - I was told to post directly under the manchester LCCC thread.

The problem is that when I have posted under massive, well established thread in the past,

1/ I cant find my question when I come back

2/ I cant possibly sift through all the irrelevant posts to find any relevant responses

Frankly it's disorganised and most of the stuff is irrelevant. It's too controlled by admins, and it's put me off these days. It needs SORTING properly IMO.

LOVE MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!!!!

See you tomorrow guys - I've come a long way :-D

Your way would be allowing everyone to make a new thread for whatever question they have about whatever gig they want to ask about, so in future everyone has to look through irrelevant threads for the one they want. It isn't exactly more organised.

To find your own posts you click on your name and then statistics and the link is there. Or you can just remember the number of the page your post is on.

Don't tell mods what to do. Frankly it's not your place to tell us how to do our job.

it is just a case of lesser evil unfortunately, if everyone makes threads they are more likely to get a response to their particular question but inevitably things get repeated multiple times in many places so people lose interest in using the area. it's hard to find a balance really :-/

Nah we should be open for criticism but they are complaining because they are too lazy to find their posts.

Yeah of course we should, but there's no need to sound rude about it.

Maybe for these gigs we should make an FAQ or something.

With the gigs and tours section I sometimes wonder if it's worth the mods making it so that only mods can start topics in there - and then start the relevant threads when gigs are announced. It'd keep that section more tidy and stop the short-lived threads. Or maybe a Q&A subsection where once a question is answered the thread is locked, and users have to access search first before they can start a thread in there?

Just suggestions, if those are allowed (for Niall :chuckle:).

Yeah of course we should, but there's no need to sound rude about it.

Maybe for these gigs we should make an FAQ or something.

It may be useful for the most common questions about the stadium shows to have a clearly marked reference thread. Also, possibly making the thread limited to new questions/answers with no other convo would help (although, that would be up to you mods to enforce/delete bad posts, so not sure how much work it would be)

Of course, for the current Wembley 11th gig L has put some info and updates in the first post to make an easy reference for people who have the most common questions. I think it helps, but people still ask the same questions throughout the thread and make new ones, so.... :erm:

Wait wait wait. You though this thread was needed?:stunned:

you say you are annoyed that you have to post in the main thread because you have to sift through heaps of irrelevant posts to find an answer. Isn't your post kind of irrelevant?:erm:

and why do you need a response? It's just a statement. The most you'd get it "wow, that's commitment" or something. :erm:

But you seem to have it sorted, so if it's okay with Kev/Blee, we could "un-mod/admin" everyone in those positions and put you in charge. Seems like a good idea to me...

Don't tell mods what to do. Frankly it's not your place to tell us how to do our job.

I think that you have just proved my point completely. I'm shocked at your response to what is my personal criticism.

Yes, my view is that it would be better to have separate threads under each concert!

You should be greatful that I took the time to share my genuine problem!

I say it again, your board needs sorting out!! There is too much going on in the threads - even if I found my thread it is lost to others and gets no response!

I posted a while back asking for tops on surviving the pit. Having trailed a hundred posts i had zero response. I needed advice. I didn't get it.

You should be open to critisicm.

I'm very disgruntled and upset by your response actually Niall.

I think that you have just proved my point completely. I'm shocked at your response to what is my personal criticism.

Yes, my view is that it would be better to have separate threads under each concert!

You should be greatful that I took the time to share my genuine problem!

I say it again, your board needs sorting out!! There is too much going on in the threads - even if I found my thread it is lost to others and gets no response!

I posted a while back asking for tops on surviving the pit. Having trailed a hundred posts i had zero response. I needed advice. I didn't get it.

You should be open to critisicm.

I'm very disgruntled and upset by your response actually Niall.

But, getting no responses about surviving the pit is not a failure on the moderator's part. How does this correlate?

And I am SORRY that you thought my thread uninteresting. Actually, I was genuinly interested to see where in the world people were coming from - and thought it a funny Play on lyrics! Pardon me hey? I never expected such a response from the people who run this board.

Well, I guess they are just "sorting out the board". You should be happy.

Your way would be allowing everyone to make a new thread for whatever question they have about whatever gig they want to ask about, so in future everyone has to look through irrelevant threads for the one they want. It isn't exactly more organised

And you seriously think it's easier to read through hundreds of pages of people arguing over set lists etc etc than to have a list of specific topics?

Wow. I'm baffled.

And you seriously think it's easier to read through hundreds of pages of people arguing over set lists etc etc than to have a list of specific topics?

Wow. I'm baffled.

Ask your question in the thread that already exists. Check back later for answers, either by remembering what page of the thread you posted on, follow the thread or just klick on your profile to find your post.

Easy.

Or you can just search for answers.

Ask your question in the thread that already exists. Check back later for answers, either by remembering what page of the thread you posted on, follow the thread or just klick on your profile to find your post.

Easy.

Or you can just search for answers.

As I've said, I did this a few months ago and had to scroll through the hundred or so posts that were put there after my message. Nobody responded.

The board is that busy that messages / questions are lost in a mass within minutes. This means you dont get a Response.

It's my personal experience. Finding my original post is one thing - but pointless if it's not been read by anybody.

It's fine, really don't worry about it. I'm not any more.

Goodnight.

And I am SORRY that you thought my thread uninteresting. Actually, I was genuinly interested to see where in the world people were coming from - and thought it a funny Play on lyrics! Pardon me hey? I never expected such a response from the people who run this board.
Im ignoring your bad sense of humor.

There is already threads about how far people travel. Here is a handy little tool. It's quite obscure, and confusing as it's this brand new technology. Not many people of heard of it, but it's quite amazing!

....I've actually had my thread I posted about last nights concert (under LCCC thread :p) deleted... Is Talk of unconscience people being pulled out of crowds too uncomfortable for reading?

It's all a bit too 1985 in here 'fraid. Censorship and control, ironically.

Am off to find somewhere uber cool n where the hysterical frenzy is less.

Choi.

....I've actually had my thread I posted about last nights concert (under LCCC thread :p) deleted... Is Talk of unconscience people being pulled out of crowds too uncomfortable for reading?

It's all a bit too 1985 in here 'fraid. Censorship and control, ironically.

Am off to find somewhere uber cool n where the hysterical frenzy is less.

Choi.

Wut

Archived