Piano Thing

jrallen

First off, i think it's some of Matts better piano work. I say this because Piano Thing was nothing more than improvisation. Most of these insults are coming from people who don't fully understand the way music works. Keep in mind, before you insult, that the song was made up on the fly. It wad not composed or written. It was simply played. Anyone should be commended for it. In this case, thank you Matthew Bellamy.

+1

There are never too many arpeggios according to matt

He really likes arpeggios

really

really

really likes arpeggios

:LOL: Too true. And also, the em, B, G chord progression. Which is in like, EVERY MUSE SONG EVER. almost.

ANYWAY....

I admit I didn't like Piano Thing the first time I heard it because of all the sloppy playing in it. But at the time I didn't realize it was an improvisation. I have a new appreciation for it now. It's quite an interesting piece, very raw.

:LOL: Too true. And also, the em, B, G chord progression. Which is in like, EVERY MUSE SONG EVER. almost.

ANYWAY....

I admit I didn't like Piano Thing the first time I heard it because of all the sloppy playing in it. But at the time I didn't realize it was an improvisation. I have a new appreciation for it now. It's quite an interesting piece, very raw.

I must admit he does love B flat and E flat. A lot.

---

What most impresses me is the fact that above all the arpeggios and stuff and Rachmaninoffing he has a melody.

it clearly isnt beautiful!!! It sounds like a 2 year old banging around on a piano! If you want a good piano based muse tune, look no further than hoodoo!

I've just tried banging around on my keyboard and it doesn't sound anything like piano thing!

:LOL: It does make me laugh the extremes of expression people will go to if they want to insult something! I just saw that and the cool reply. :D

Two things I like about Piano Thing, one is that if it was tidied up slightly and stuck on Classic FM I wouldn't know it wasn't by a classical composer and that makes shivers go down my spine. The second is that Matt knows how to convey emotion through music. There's a nice melody in there and it's very dramatic.

• 8 months later...
Can't believe anyone would call Piano Thing shit.

It's an extremely complex piece of music and whether you like how it sounds or not, you should appreciate it as such.

Yeah I agree with this, it's possibly one of my favourite piano songs.

• 2 years later...

Archived