FANTASY MUSE CONCERT:

Muse play all their songs with the best of the misheard lyrics instead of the real ones.

All the spiders, the chocolates, the onions... on a stage set to look like a grey ship.

It would be wonderful!

:yesey:

And the best part is, no one would even notice! ;):LOL:

Oh man, I love this thread!

I keep trying to think of something to add, but honestly I'm pretty sure the vast majority of lyric misinterpretations that I could think of have already been mentioned by others... it's nice to know I'm not alone ;)

But I'm fairly certain I've never had more trouble understanding the lyrics to a song than with Micro Cuts (I'm pretty sure it's the same for everyone else too haha) :LOL:

I find it interesting that the first time I heard that song, basically the only part I could make out was "Micro fjao39@$%drewd cuts jfoadfi??awer92839aj" :LOL: It sounds like he over-pronounces those two words specifically just to be like "Look! There are real words in this song, see? I even put them in the title! :happy:"

Actually, even after reading the lyrics booklet I still cant make out what Matt is trying to tell us.

:LOL: EXACTLY! I remember thinking to myself "Oh, I'll just look at the lyrics and it will all make sense!"

... But I think it ended up just confusing me even more :p

I'm hungry, for some onions, I wanna push it beyond a piece of protest.

LOL thanks, now I'm going to hear that instead!

here's mine:

At the end of Feeling Good:

"Yeah I'm feelin it's my light, and you know how I feel

It's a new dawn it's a new day it's a new life for me

Ba da bum!" followed by high pitched nonsense I can't make out and still have to check the lyrics every so often to remind myself that apparently there are supposed to be a couple of actual words in there.

LOL thanks, now I'm going to hear that instead!

here's mine:

At the end of Feeling Good:

"Yeah I'm feelin it's my light, and you know how I feel

It's a new dawn it's a new day it's a new life for me

Ba da bum!" followed by high pitched nonsense I can't make out and still have to check the lyrics every so often to remind myself that apparently there are supposed to be a couple of actual words in there.

I always thought it was "Freedom is my life" :p And I just hear mindless scatting at the end, too..

You're trying too hard to be funny, and you're failing.

mhh is this for misheard lyrics, or for misheard lyrics that have to be funny?:mad:

I just hear it this way often, but I'm not a native english speaker, maybe that's the reason;)

I used to hear Citizen Erased as "Open minded, I'm sure I used to be something"

It made sense with the song, so I didn't know it was different until I looked it up.

Yeah exactly the same for me!

You're trying too hard to be funny, and you're failing.

:wtf: Bit harsh, dont you think?

Before I looked up the lyrics I could make out the word "should've"

the rest of it was just one big "mmmmmmmmmmoooooooooaaaaaa*gasping for air*aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!"

Actually, even after reading the lyrics booklet I still cant make out what Matt is trying to tell us.

:LOL:

Oh! I just remembered one!

At first, in Bliss, i thought that after "Everything about you resonates happiness" (which was also misunderstood for a very long time) Matt said:

"Now i won't tell doubtfulless" :facepalm: whatever that means...

But then, being aware it didn't make any sense :rolleyes:, i opted for a second version:

"Now i won't dare tell for less" and i sang it that way until...well...quite recently! :chuckle:

Yup...non-native english speakers :eyebrows:

ooooo, i am always mishearing lyrics XD

in The Small Print I always heard the line

' for just the good times'

as

'for just the Curtains'

I felt stupid when I researched it XD

That's what I heard too!! I have minor hearing problems though, so I'm always mishearing what people say and always assume if it doesn't make sense I probably misheard the person. Doesn't always apply to lyrics, but in that instance I used to assume it wasn't "curtains", forget to look it up, and sing it that way anyway.

I can't believe I forgot to share this earlier!

So my friend Shauna listened to Micro Cuts for the first time like a week ago (unfortunately, for reasons beyond my control, it was the first Muse song she'd ever heard... I am currently attempting to repair the damange that has been done :LOL: )

Anyway, she thought it was hysterical to try to interpret the lyrics... and what she came up with was actually better than what I think I came up with the first time I listened :LOL:

Here's what she thought it was (yes, I still remember most it haha. I admit -- I pretty much laughed till I cried when she told me what she thought the words were, and now this is basically what I hear when I listen :p)

Hams are red rivier beds

Butterflies screaming in pain

Moose has someone I should have left

Sounds raping above (:LOL:)

Icey water damning me

You send proper steaks to a zoo

Microwaves inside

Blade cuts you in line

Sounds like a fox on a plane

Black mascara's revenge (:LOL: This is EXACTLY the same thing I heard the first time)

Icey water damning me

Hams are red rivier beds

Icey water damning me

Microwaves inside

Blade cuts you in line

Black mascara's revenge (:LOL: This is EXACTLY the same thing I heard the first time)

Icey water damning me

:wtf:Steaks?

I can't believe I forgot to share this earlier!

So my friend Shauna listened to Micro Cuts for the first time like a week ago (unfortunately, for reasons beyond my control, it was the first Muse song she'd ever heard... I am currently attempting to repair the damange that has been done :LOL: )

Anyway, she thought it was hysterical to try to interpret the lyrics... and what she came up with was actually better than what I think I came up with the first time I listened :LOL:

Here's what she thought it was (yes, I still remember most it haha. I admit -- I pretty much laughed till I cried when she told me what she thought the words were, and now this is basically what I hear when I listen :p)

Hams are red rivier beds

Icey water damning me

Microwaves inside

Blade cuts you in line

Icey water damning me

I've been listening to Micro Cuts while reading this and it fit so well. :D

Archived