It's still less futile than bitching at someone else's "bitchiness". Allow me to enlighten you on one of life's more trivial annoyances: when you have a name like Stephanie' date=' which isn't really hard to spell for the literate, but you still need to clarify to every clerk, receptionist and customer-service rep you ever deal with that it's [i']standard[/i] spelling, or "Stephanie-with-a-'ph'-and-an-'ie'-on-the-end," or worse, you actually have to spell it out, because the nomenclatural waters have been muddied with a small but significant number of deliberately or negligently heterodox variants like Meyer's or worse. The worst I've ever come across is "Steffany". Jesus wept.

You're right, that is really quite a trivial annoyance :LOL:

Same goes for the person who said they were ashamed to be called Stephanie because of someone else's actions.

Sorry, I was just kidding.

It's still less futile than bitching at someone else's "bitchiness". Allow me to enlighten you on one of life's more trivial annoyances: when you have a name like Stephanie' date=' which isn't really hard to spell for the literate, but you still need to clarify to every clerk, receptionist and customer-service rep you ever deal with that it's [i']standard[/i] spelling, or "Stephanie-with-a-'ph'-and-an-'ie'-on-the-end," or worse, you actually have to spell it out, because the nomenclatural waters have been muddied with a small but significant number of deliberately or negligently heterodox variants like Meyer's or worse. The worst I've ever come across is "Steffany". Jesus wept.

Maybe only Stephanies will get this, but it really is annoying. :yesey:

Archived