:LOL::LOL:

The thing is, he's no more barmy than the rest of us.

Whole planet is bonkers in the pompom.

Of course i mean how the hell else are we going to cease to exist.. I have seen the examples of normal people and hell they look as miserable as fuck.. and also they listen to crap music too if you can call it music that is..:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Never seen or read anything that made Matt seem mad at all. Just has a sense of humour and doesn't seem to care too much what people think of him and the image of being mad suits him.

Until we start hearing that he's mic'ing up his stove when he's doing a fry-up because he's convinced he can hear the voices of dead people in the sizzling, then I might start to think otherwise.

:D (insert Thom Yorke pic here)

srsly tho, people make it out that 'being mad' is a bad thing! WTF! what could possibly be better than living in a world all your own?!

:stunned: I would hardly call Thom Yorke sane either...have you ever seen the strange things he does on stage...:LOL: It's kinda entertaining

In all honesty it has been argued that there's no such thing as a sanity/insanity dichotomy and it has been argued that people who start slapping "diagnoses" on other people are in danger of doing no different from those in ancient times who persecuted witches. Science has been argued to be just another form of power that has simply replaced other forms of power such as religion and psychology is probably one of the most controversial sciences out there.

Anyway on that note, as for Matt he's just very deep and intelligent I think and not afraid to ask the big questions. I'm not sure about his ideas about the human race being created initially by an alien race, if indeed he does think that, but that's not because it has less plausability than other explanations, and there certainly is a lot or unexplained stuff about outerspace, but rather that I'd like to think that there's something uniquely spirtual there, a purpose other than just being used by another species for something.

Actually just adding because I forgot, I actually find Matt quite inspirational not because I think he knows the answers but because he does at least challenge conventional outlook and it's just nice that there are public figures who do that. Otherwise it can be quite lonely for those of us who do question stuff (or at least have questions) in a world where lots of people don't.

In all honesty it has been argued that there's no such thing as a sanity/insanity dichotomy and it has been argued that people who start slapping "diagnoses" on other people are in danger of doing no different from those in ancient times who persecuted witches. Science has been argued to be just another form of power that has simply replaced other forms of power such as religion and psychology is probably one of the most controversial sciences out there.

Anyway on that note, as for Matt he's just very deep and intelligent I think and not afraid to ask the big questions. I'm not sure about his ideas about the human race being created initially by an alien race, if indeed he does think that, but that's not because it has less plausability than other explanations, and there certainly is a lot or unexplained stuff about outerspace, but rather that I'd like to think that there's something uniquely spirtual there, a purpose other than just being used by another species for something.

Actually just adding because I forgot, I actually find Matt quite inspirational not because I think he knows the answers but because he does at least challenge conventional outlook and it's just nice that there are public figures who do that. Otherwise it can be quite lonely for those of us who do question stuff (or at least have questions) in a world where lots of people don't.

I hope you're just playing devil's advocate and not meaning this

Insanity does exist

It can be treated and cured but it does exist

Saying 'Matt is a bit mad' is totally different from someone who has schizophrenia and suffering hallucinations

And science isn't the fucking bogeyman here

If it wasn't for the drugs and treatments then people would be suffering from mental health problems far more than they do

There is no sanity/insanity dichotomy in psychology you moron.

I hope you're just playing devil's advocate and not meaning this

Insanity does exist

It can be treated and cured but it does exist

Saying 'Matt is a bit mad' is totally different from someone who has schizophrenia and suffering hallucinations

And science isn't the fucking bogeyman here

If it wasn't for the drugs and treatments then people would be suffering from mental health problems far more than they do

Yeah you know what happened to people with actual mental illnesses before we knew mental illnesses existed? They were locked up. Or if you were a soldier you were shot.

I'm so glad we have treatments and understanding now.

Yeah you know what happened to people with actual mental illnesses before we knew mental illnesses existed? They were locked up. Or if you were a soldier you were shot.

I'm so glad we have treatments and understanding now.

I've seen someone stare at me and say 'I thought you were dead' because they had a psychosis where they thought I'd been murdered

I've seen insanity, it's real and Bellamy doesn't have it

Archived