Easy Muse piano songs question.

llamafish164

And what's this about Apocalypse Please being hard on your fingers? It's just root position chords with octaves, right? I have tiny hands and I play it that way, maybe I've been doing it wrong the whole time.. :LOL:

I've always played it with the chords in octaves too.

I haven't learned RBS yet... :erm: I really want to learn Assassin and Fury on the piano, though. I got the chords worked out pretty quickly but actually playing the songs are a whole 'nother thing...

I've started working out Fury on piano. Funtiemz. :awesome:

Right now I'm actually trying to play MK ULTRA on violin. I've already got the riff. :cool:

Ok, this is really for Kirby, but I figured I'd post it for everyone anyway. I wrote out the B&H solo as I play it. Up stems are right hand and down stems are left hand, rhythms are pretty arbitrary for the most part tbh... anyway, hopefully it's clear what's going on.

bnhsolo.pdf

Ok, this is really for Kirby, but I figured I'd post it for everyone anyway. I wrote out the B&H solo as I play it. Up stems are right hand and down stems are left hand, rhythms are pretty arbitrary for the most part tbh... anyway, hopefully it's clear what's going on.

This is the one in the Absolution book, right?

If so, I can't play 11-12. :mad: Tips?

Starlight, Time Is Running out, MotP, NB, In your World. Sound ridiculous, but you have to start somewhere!

Some intermediate songs: ApocalypsePlease, Ruled By Secrecy, Bliss, Hoodoo, Feeling Good (fun if you have an electric piano setting on your piano!)

Hard level difficulty: United States of Eurasia, Megalomania (easier if you have sheet music), I Belong to You, Exogenesis Redemption.

Hardest level: Exogenesis Cross Pollination, Space Dementia (again, easier if you have sheets) Butterflies and Hurricanes, Neutron Star Collision (haven't worked that one out yet, but the piano intro and most of the middle section sound moderate and the piano solo ending is a bit technical so maybe it would balance out once i've figured out the tab)

Cheers and keep playing!

Starlight, Time Is Running out, MotP, NB, In your World. Sound ridiculous, but you have to start somewhere!

Some intermediate songs: ApocalypsePlease, Ruled By Secrecy, Bliss, Hoodoo, Feeling Good (fun if you have an electric piano setting on your piano!)

Hard level difficulty: United States of Eurasia, Megalomania (easier if you have sheet music), I Belong to You, Exogenesis Redemption.

Hardest level: Exogenesis Cross Pollination, Space Dementia (again, easier if you have sheets) Butterflies and Hurricanes, Neutron Star Collision (haven't worked that one out yet, but the piano intro and most of the middle section sound moderate and the piano solo ending is a bit technical so maybe it would balance out once i've figured out the tab)

Cheers and keep playing!

Space Dementia I would definitely put in hard, it's not that difficult. Redemption should be in medium as well, or at least the intro. In Your World is sort of hard too, medium I guess, the left hand took me AGES to put in correctly.

Then again, I had sheet music for everything. :p Also I'm pretty suckish at piano. :LOL:

If you're looking at the PDF, it's the first two measures on the top of the 2nd page.

THE ONLY PART I CAN'T GET! :phu:

Oh no ITS THAT CHORD. Don't worry, it took ages for me to figure out going from the D arp to that dreaded one... I'm not at my piano right now, but you basically have to stretch your left pinky really far to hit the B ( is it?) and leave out your ring finger to hit the Eb and F# and A(Really sorry if those are the wrong notes, posting from an iTouch :() then your right hand should land on the B and it starts again. It's REALLY REALLY unconfortable at first, but practice going from the D to B arps back and forth then you got it :happy:

sorry if my explanation sucked, it made sense to me :supersad:

Oh no ITS THAT CHORD. Don't worry, it took ages for me to figure out going from the D arp to that dreaded one... I'm not at my piano right now, but you basically have to stretch your left pinky really far to hit the B ( is it?) and leave out your ring finger to hit the Eb and F# and A(Really sorry if those are the wrong notes, posting from an iTouch :() then your right hand should land on the B and it starts again. It's REALLY REALLY unconfortable at first, but practice going from the D to B arps back and forth then you got it :happy:

sorry if my explanation sucked, it made sense to me :supersad:

I'm not at a piano now either, but I'll try and see if what you said made sense the next time I am. ;)

I tried B&H, but I just couldn't get the rythm right... during the verses and chorus and stuff. How do you guys do it? :(

I dunno, I don't actually count when I play it, I just wing it and try to remember what the original sounds like. :LOL:

Taylor: for measure 11, the Db I start with my thumb, then index, middle, then pinky... Idk, it fits in my hand comfortably so I never actually though about it.

And I also agree with your assessment of the difficulty things on Mizutsu's list... but then again, that's with sheet music. Except Redemption. It's almost as easy as New Born. :p Unless you're like me and are (attempting to) doing crazy jumps to play the string parts, too. :LOL:

But the intro is so easy! :LOL:

GTFO, I made a mistake. :)

Yeah, but still. Man is it complicateeeeeeed.

You could just play it wrong. :LOL:

I dunno, I don't actually count when I play it, I just wing it and try to remember what the original sounds like. :LOL:

Taylor: for measure 11, the Db I start with my thumb, then index, middle, then pinky... Idk, it fits in my hand comfortably so I never actually though about it.

And I also agree with your assessment of the difficulty things on Mizutsu's list... but then again, that's with sheet music. Except Redemption. It's almost as easy as New Born. :p Unless you're like me and are (attempting to) doing crazy jumps to play the string parts, too. :LOL:

I tried playing the string parts too! Too much complicated. :noey: I should have put the intro to Redemption on easy, but because I am stupid/lame I screwed up my wording. Thanks everyone. :rolleyes:

Guest Sarah-x

:D Feeling Good is easy, i learnt that years ago, didnt take long, repeates for most of it

exogenis 3 is even easier.

wouldnt advise exo 2 tho :eek: that is impossible!!

:D Feeling Good is easy, i learnt that years ago, didnt take long, repeates for most of it

exogenis 3 is even easier.

wouldnt advise exo 2 tho :eek: that is impossible!!

nonsense. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A MUSER PIANIST!!!!! :pespecially if you have sheet music. :ninja: but best of luck if you're trying to play by ear!

And I always screw up a respectable cover by trying to play non-piano parts too. :LOL: Like figuring out how cool the Take a Bow chord progression is, then messing it up by trying to play the synths and the guitar at the same time. :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived