ITT: People implying that Muse has ever had lyrics that weren't cheesy or downright crap.

Well yes they do have lots of cheesy and crap lyrics.

Doesn't make these ones any less cheesy or crap. And the cheesy crap is getting more and more frequent and more and more prominent in the setlists

:yesey:

and that god damn awful chorus will be heard at least, say 3 times when the whole song is out. ahh :LOL:

Quite possibly.

In fairness a LOT of muse songs have pretty cringeworthy lyrics but still turn out out to be immense:

"Ohh baby don't you know I suffer/Oh baby cant you hear mean moan"..."I just wanted to hold/you in my arms"...."Love is our resistance"...pretty much all of uprising.

To name a few.

Wow, so only last week does Uprising peak on Hot AC in the US (which is the band's first song to place on Hot AC radio) at 14.. now it's dropping with a new song well timed to go for adds next week.

And it's a perfect snippet for mainstream US radio -- generic, cheesy, boring. Hope the rest of the song is better, but given what I've heard, this might be the 2nd song on Hot AC. So THIS is Warner's strategy...

Conclusion: They've gone pop, guys.

Quite possibly.

In fairness a LOT of muse songs have pretty cringeworthy lyrics but still turn out out to be immense:

"Ohh baby don't you know I suffer/Oh baby cant you hear mean moan"..."I just wanted to hold/you in my arms"...."Love is our resistance"...pretty much all of uprising...to name a few.

Come to think of it, this reminds me of 'Resistance' - cliche' chorus, strong tenor vocals, boring music.

Ugh.

Wow, so only last week does Uprising peak on Hot AC in the US (which is the band's first song to place on Hot AC radio) at 14.. now it's dropping with a new song well timed to go for adds next week.

And it's a perfect snippet for mainstream US radio -- generic, cheesy, boring. Hope the rest of the song is better, but given what I've heard, this might be the 2nd song on Hot AC. So THIS is Warner's strategy...

You are a bit late I'm afraid. :LOL:

nightmare.

i hope they won't play this live.. never :LOL:

[insert Genesis comparison here]

They've always been pop though!

And Uprising is a very good pop song, it balances wide-ranging appeal with keeping a very Muse-like sound. It's kinda like TIRO in that sense.

It's these naff ballads and cheesy love songs like Starlight and Resistance that I can't stand

about the 30 second Sneek Peek...(whatever I might say here, I still LOVE Muse very much!) But......

...so far, the lyrics sound too direct for my taste. What I LOVE so much about Matt's songs is how the meanings are vague and versatile, with many interpretations. Usually the words give me an instense feeling, without actually telling me what I'm supposed to feel. Like, instead of singing "love is forever", he'd sing something cryptic, but it would make me feel that love is forever. But if he sings "love is forever", there's much less magic about it.

But, Oh My God, I still love Muse!

listening to it again, its actually growing on me in a kinda omg CHEESE way... from the video, i get the idea that even Muse are laughing

Absolutely, they're laughing at anyone who's going to buy this thing.

In fact, they have been laughing like hyenas since the release of TR.

They've always been pop though!

And Uprising is a very good pop song, it balances wide-ranging appeal with keeping a very Muse-like sound. It's kinda like TIRO in that sense.

It's these naff ballads and cheesy love songs like Starlight and Resistance that I can't stand

i agree about starlight...but resistance has epic drums. if we could just get rid of the "could be wrong" bits which are themselves wrong....

radio friendly is the direction it's all taking now. which i don't much care for. but again the undeniable fact is that no one asked me :mad:

:p

Archived