So can't we all just take a breather, laugh along together at the ridiculous cheesiness of NSC, and move on? I'm sure that there are more amazing things to come in the future! Relax, guys... it's just one song!

If it was actually funny, I would be. But it just sounds like they are fulfilling how they portrayed in the media rather than moving on, it's dull, it's not good cheese and lacks ambition there.

Highly disappointed, Muse at their worst.

Lyrics are terrible, music is not much better.

Come on Muse where's the darkness, where's the angst that you harness so well??

I blame Matt's gf for making him too happy.

Oh yeah, that must be it.

Matt doesn't have the angst because he has grown up and probably doesn't look at life that way anymore. The angst was gone with OoS.

And yeah, Matts gf is definetly making him too happy...

Highly disappointed, Muse at their worst.

Lyrics are terrible, music is not much better.

Come on Muse where's the darkness, where's the angst that you harness so well??

I blame Matt's gf for making him too happy...

...then sad. Love =/= forever.

Oh, the song is also shit.

At the risk of being attacked by an angry mob...

I think everyone is being a bit too melodramatic about this. It's just one song. We can't just assume that this is some (pretty awful) new direction they're heading. Like I mentioned in my comment above, if they start making full albums of songs like NSC, I will be disappointed. But I'm not going to assume that that's what they're gonna do.

Not every Muse song will be amazing. And certainly not every Muse song has been amazing.

I know not everyone liked TR (although personally I loved the album as a whole!) and I'm pretty sure there aren't many people out there who'll be adding NSC to their list of favorite songs, but I really don't think you can proclaim the "death" of the band based on just that.

They're continuing to grow and experiment musically, which I think (generally) is a good thing. Even if I'm not 100% satisfied with where they're heading, I'm certainly not going to stop being a fan because of it. There's no way they can please everyone 100% of the time.

So can't we all just take a breather, laugh along together at the ridiculous cheesiness of NSC, and move on? I'm sure that there are more amazing things to come in the future! Relax, guys... it's just one song!

*ducks in anticipation of angry counter-attack*

I entirely agree with this.

This is exactly how I felt when the song aired on the radio in work. I always defend them in work... but after this song I don't have a leg to stand on.

I know I shouldn't care what anyone thinks, but I dread this getting lots of radio play and people I know hearing it and saying "so yeah, I heard that new Muse song. So, um, that's your favorite band? :erm:" And me having to defend them! "No really, their other stuff's real good!"

Agreed too.

This song is pretty good, it's a bit of fun. One track isn't going to worry me about the future for Muse. I fucking loved The Resistance. Everyone on here just facepalming about 'the death of Muse' are just... sad fucks. Sorry guys, but people change. Bands change. I'm just glad I change too.

Agreed too.

This song is pretty good, it's a bit of fun. One track isn't going to worry me about the future for Muse. I fucking loved The Resistance. Everyone on here just facepalming about 'the death of Muse' are just... sad fucks. Sorry guys, but people change. Bands change. I'm just glad I change too.

So we're sad fucks for not liking a song and direction they've gone? Right.

Guest hysteriaaah

I love muse back when they were angsty and crazy mothafcukers as well, and I would kill to see them live like that too, but the notion im getting is that they just want to keep changing. I think its quite unlikely they'll be like that again and end up making a OoS 2.0 which would probably please us fans, but leave the band dissatisfied.

At the risk of being attacked by an angry mob...

I think everyone is being a bit too melodramatic about this. It's just one song. We can't just assume that this is some (pretty awful) new direction they're heading. Like I mentioned in my comment above, if they start making full albums of songs like NSC, I will be disappointed. But I'm not going to assume that that's what they're gonna do.

Not every Muse song will be amazing. And certainly not every Muse song has been amazing.

I know not everyone liked TR (although personally I loved the album as a whole!) and I'm pretty sure there aren't many people out there who'll be adding NSC to their list of favorite songs, but I really don't think you can proclaim the "death" of the band based on just that.

They're continuing to grow and experiment musically, which I think (generally) is a good thing. Even if I'm not 100% satisfied with where they're heading, I'm certainly not going to stop being a fan because of it. There's no way they can please everyone 100% of the time.

*ducks in anticipation of angry counter-attack*

Well I didn't like Starlight, Invincible, Exo-Politics, Resistance, Undisclosed Desires, Guiding Light, I Belong To You. I find USoE to be a bit much and Soldiers Poem to be misguided. I didn't like the lack of b-sides since 2006, the dodgy cover of Prague, the setlists of 2009. I only like 4 of the 10 singles released since 2004. I think thats enough to say Muse aren't my favourite band and I no longer anticipate their new releases anywhere near the way I used to. I'm disappointed because I used to really love their old stuff.

I love it, they don't even play songs like SS with the same kind of vigour any more. :(

The look on Matt's face as he destroys the drumkit is priceless. I love the Execution Commentary riffing. :awesome:

Well, Muse is teetering on the point of losing a chunk of their fanbase with this song, in particular. I mean, honestly, they are. I defend them all day, but this song is pretty ridiculous. Where's the bite? I mean, there is quite a bit of Muse's fanbase who are metallers and hard rockers (I know that's how I got into Muse) because they do hard rock/metal better than most bands.

Well, Muse is teetering on the point of losing a chunk of their fanbase with this song, in particular. I mean, honestly, they are. I defend them all day, but this song is pretty ridiculous. Where's the bite? I mean, there is quite a bit of Muse's fanbase who are metallers and hard rockers (I know that's how I got into Muse) because they do hard rock/metal better than most bands.

:LOL:

Muse made a cheesy song and put it in Twilight. They obviously shouldve given them Hyper Music instead.

And to see how they do it live. Cause it's piano at the start, and then guitar, and then piano at the end. So will he sit at the piano for the first part? Or will Morgan play the intro. I Know Matt will definitely play the end if it's included in the live version (He has to anyway!)

I hope they DON'T do it live.

Guest hysteriaaah

Muse made a cheesy song and put it in Twilight. They obviously shouldve given them Hyper Music instead.

They obviously should've given them Sober instead. Coz' who wouldn't wanna hear about 'Royal canaaaadian blend iiinnnn' :LOL:

At this rate Muse can only dream now to make again a song good as Hyper Music

The Dead Weather has a song in Twilight and I don't see them making a cheesy pop ballad.

As did Editors and Thom Yorke. Editors one fitted in well with the rest of their back catalogue live. And no they're not a cheesy pop ballad band in the slightest.

You need to read the article in Q magazine (100 Best Front Men). Matt talks about the fact that he doesn't write songs based on personal experiences. Well now that he has the poor guy is getting smashed to bits!! I like the song more now that I know it was based on his life and not Bella and Sparkles!!:matt:

The Dead Weather has a song in Twilight and I don't see them making a cheesy pop ballad.

Well, Its the lead single, at the end of a trilogy that (I think) talks about love a lot. The song isnt great, but it isnt Guiding Light either. The Dead Weather are great but its a totally different thing cus theyve never written cheesy pop tunes. Muse have written many cheesy pop ballads, the best of which is Bliss (imo).

I dont think this is the end of the world.

Archived