That's not particularly constructive or helpful to the argument. People have different opinions to you. Get over it.

It's kind of like judging someone you've heard about/seen a couple of times but have never met. I've done stuff like that before and been totally wrong, therefore I don't really think it's fair to be totally opposed to a new song just from hearing 30 seconds :erm:

It's kind of like judging someone you've heard about/seen a couple of times but have never met. I've done stuff like that before and been totally wrong, therefore I don't really think it's fair to be totally opposed to a new song just from hearing 30 seconds :erm:

No it's not fair but saying 'get the fuck off the boards if you don't like it' isn't the best argument to put forward. There are more eloquent ways to express an opinion.

No it's not fair but saying 'get the fuck off the boards if you don't like it' isn't the best argument to put forward. There are more eloquent ways to express an opinion.

I don't care if they don't like NSC, I'm just saying I don't get why they would be on here if they haven't liked most of the Muse stuff from around 2007 onward.

I don't care if they don't like NSC, I'm just saying I don't get why they would be on here if they haven't liked most of the Muse stuff from around 2007 onward.

To troll the people who do, obviously.

I understand why people are disliking where Muse is going. The Resistance is much more modern than anything they've ever done, and some Muse fans don't like that way Muse is going. They'd rather still see older like songs/concerts.

To troll the people who do, obviously.

I understand why people are disliking where Muse is going. The Resistance is much more modern than anything they've ever done, and some Muse fans don't like that way Muse is going. They'd rather still see older like songs/concerts.

And I understand that point of view, but they're in their 30's now. We can't really expect them to stay the same as they were when they were younger :rolleyes:

I don't like the direction Muse is going. I'd rather they did another Dead Star than another Starlight. But I'm not going to say I hate every new song they do because it doesn't suit my taste exactly.

Matt could sing the English national anthem (terrible) and I'd probably still buy it because I love the way he sings. :LOL:

Would you believe I already can't understand the lyrics? :LOL:

Yeah, I'm kind of having the same problem. :p

I'm hearing everything except for the one line after, "We'll die together". Right before, "Cause our love could be forever". Hmmm..... *listens again to try and figure it out* :shifty:

People should get that this is a single suited to a specific movie and audience.

As much as I do myself prefer one billion times an MKU or Dead Star to any Starlight of this world, the latter garnered the band a lot of new fans when it was released as a single four years ago.

Now you can crap about how "mainstream" your fave band is and how "low" (or not) it can be to get featured on such a "movie" , fact is Muse are doing it on purpose and their purpose is to become bigger with the mainstream audience and in this case the US Mainstream One than possible.

They want to become the new U2 , nothing less.

+10,000,000,000

I really like it. The lyrics are cheesy but it's feeling epic and I like the dark feel to the chorus :happy:

I think it could be epic too :awesome:

Yeah, I'm kind of having the same problem. :p

I'm hearing everything except for the one line after, "We'll die together". Right before, "Cause our love could be forever". Hmmm..... *listens again to try and figure it out* :shifty:

Yep, that's the one! Sounds like "lie...ashendmever"

And unfortunately, dictionary.com fails at having that word listed. :LOL:

Google doesn't have any answers either. :(

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Are you pickin' on me?

lie, i say never?

I thought that, but then decide that it didn't make sense. You are prolly right though. :)

I can see it now, they suddenly stop, you hear a record being stopped....then suddenly they go into the heaviest facemelting progression with full on belting from matt on top of it while images of twilight characters being obliterated and vaporised by the heaviness replaces this crap.

The 30 second previews for TR were spot on and this is pretty much spot on for what to expect out of this song. And anyway, a song with lyrics JUST THOSE LYRICS ALONE is a bad song.

Quit with the ''but but but its only 30 seconds''

After 4 seconds I was ready to fucking STAB A RABBIT!

Well aren't you a cheery mate!

I don't like the direction Muse is going. I'd rather they did another Dead Star than another Starlight. But I'm not going to say I hate every new song they do because it doesn't suit my taste exactly.

Matt could sing the English national anthem (terrible) and I'd probably still buy it because I love the way he sings. :LOL:

THIS.

And I understand that point of view, but they're in their 30's now. We can't really expect them to stay the same as they were when they were younger :rolleyes:

yeah come on they have grown up since they came up with songs like plug in baby and such. they have mature and so has their music. their music is always going to be awsome and always be muse;)

lol at the person who wants to stab someone for a frickin song, I hope you do get there are more important things in life than crying about a track....Especially when this one is more a free gift by this band more than anything else...

*remembers now why he was not coming to this board and any muse board anymore*

This is off topic, but I just looked at the list of artist on the soundtrack and had a couple of other shockers. Vampire Weekend is one of my favorite bands, so now TWO of my favorite bands are twatlighters. And seriously, The Dead Weather????? Jack White is above this. Why are really good artist associating themselves with such a crap movie???? I'm flabbergasted.

Now this part is on topic! :awesome: Will there be a full video also released the same day as the single?

This is off topic, but I just looked at the list of artist on the soundtrack and had a couple of other shockers. Vampire Weekend is one of my favorite bands, so now TWO of my favorite bands are twatlighters. And seriously, The Dead Weather????? Jack White is above this. Why are really good artist associating themselves with such a crap movie???? I'm flabbergasted.

Now this part is on topic! :awesome: Will there be a full video also released the same day as the single?

Despite being shit mainstream movies, the soundracks do have a reputation for having indie, non-mainstream bands featured on them, particularly the second movie. As I said before, despite what many think of as selling out, in a musical sense, it probably reflects well on a band given that all artists on the soundtrack are genuine, credible musicians, rather than a bunch of britney-like talentless s***

Despite being shit mainstream movies, the soundracks do have a reputation for having indie, non-mainstream bands featured on them, particularly the second movie. As I said before, despite what many think of as selling out, in a musical sense, it probably reflects well on a band given that all artists on the soundtrack are genuine, credible musicians, rather than a bunch of britney-like talentless s***

I'm trying to look at this reasonably over here. You have a valid point. I'm still cringing though.

I think the third line sounds like "Our life, last endeavor" or something like that :p

EDIT: Also the preview site says the video premieres on MTV on the 20th, which is 3 days after the song releases.

I will have to listen to it again. That makes a little more sense.

Cool. Thanks for the info :)

Archived