:chuckle: as much as I am for people stating their hate, what if the song turns out to be kickass? I'm going to laugh at you, sorry, if it does.

I can see it now, they suddenly stop, you hear a record being stopped....then suddenly they go into the heaviest facemelting progression with full on belting from matt on top of it while images of twilight characters being obliterated and vaporised by the heaviness replaces this crap.

The 30 second previews for TR were spot on and this is pretty much spot on for what to expect out of this song. And anyway, a song with lyrics JUST THOSE LYRICS ALONE is a bad song.

Quit with the ''but but but its only 30 seconds''

After 4 seconds I was ready to fucking STAB A RABBIT!

way to be colorful, i for one like this song despite it's cheesiness, don't judge it based on 38 seconds of a song :p

+1

I really like it, actually :awesome: All 30 seconds of it! :chuckle:

I listened to it on repeat while walking to my friend's house and back home, just the 30 second clip over and over, and the walk takes about 10 minutes one way :$

Reminder- We love Muse that's why we're here posting. We need to evolve a little. I know it's hard, I too love the raw energy that seems to have lapsed a bit. :musesign:

This is devolution, where the hell did the guitar sex go? Where did the hooker in the bath with massive nipples go? Where did the horny guy smashing the TV go?

lol fail...but theres still something I like about it? but any hope of lyrical depth I had is dwindling.

lyrical depth-- This is twilight that is an oxymoron. Keep the faith Twilight is a phase expectation is our enemy at times. Sorry.......I try to stay on the glass is half full side of things.:)

This is devolution, where the hell did the guitar sex go? Where did the hooker in the bath with massive nipples go? Where did the horny guy smashing the TV go?

Have to admit strongly miss the weepy sexy guitar sex.....Forget everything else I just said.

That was, averaging the time between 'hooker in the bath' and 'guy smashing the TV', EIGHT FUCKING YEARS AGO.

Perhaps evolve yourself first?

Ahem. :)

I think alot of the fans who became fans during the "absolution era" are on here complaining (rightfully so), and wishing and hoping for the old muse to come back, and for all other message boarders to agree with them. then hopefully muse would notice all the message board comments and stop heading in the direction they are going.

problem is, I bet a LOT of the people on these boards now are from the BHAR and Resistance era, and a few of them from the twighlight path. And this is the kind of stuff they are more likely to approve of. Alas, they will say "I LOVE IT, who cares about twighlight, ITS ANOTHER MUSE SONG AND ITS GREAT". WHen in reality its a song written with a standard radio formula.

Popular single = basic song structure + kind catchy tune or beat + lyrics a 5th grader can come up with + marketable

It's missing the "muse touch". maybe it'll come out when we hear the full song, but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it will.

I really like the clip! :awesome: I thought it sounded like it had good energy, despite the slightly cheesy lyrics. I can't wait to hear the whole thing. I just wish it wasn't associated with Twilight. Ewwwwwwww, gross.

I thought Matt looked hot too. :D

It's actually really grown on me. :D And even if it is slightly cheesy - which I don't think is a bad thing in certain cases - oh well. :D Every song they've ever done has their own unique touch to it, and it doesn't seem so far like this is an exception.

I for one am really looking forward to hearing the rest of it. :dance:

I think alot of the fans who became fans during the "absolution era" are on here complaining (rightfully so), and wishing and hoping for the old muse to come back, and for all other message boarders to agree with them. then hopefully muse would notice all the message board comments and stop heading in the direction they are going.

problem is, I bet a LOT of the people on these boards now are from the BHAR and Resistance era, and a few of them from the twighlight path. And this is the kind of stuff they are more likely to approve of. Alas, they will say "I LOVE IT, who cares about twighlight, ITS ANOTHER MUSE SONG AND ITS GREAT". WHen in reality its a song written with a standard radio formula.

Popular single = basic song structure + kind catchy tune or beat + lyrics a 5th grader can come up with + marketable

It's missing the "muse touch". maybe it'll come out when we hear the full song, but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it will.

I became a fan during Absolution, and I don't find the song as bad as others say it is. I will admit, I DO miss the old Muse, but they say they want to experiment with new sounds. And so I say let them. They'll figure out what works and what doesn't.

I'm just gonna be here to support whatever they do. :)

I really like the clip! :awesome: I thought it sounded like it had good energy, despite the slightly cheesy lyrics. I can't wait to hear the whole thing. I just wish it wasn't associated with Twilight. Ewwwwwwww, gross.

I thought Matt looked hot too. :D

It's actually really grown on me. :D And even if it is slightly cheesy - which I don't think is a bad thing in certain cases - oh well. :D Every song they've ever done has their own unique touch to it, and it doesn't seem so far like this is an exception.

I for one am really looking forward to hearing the rest of it. :dance:

+10,000,000,000

All the people who are hating on it before it's released: FUCK OFF. First of all, you can't say you HATE it if you haven't heard the whole song, and if you really hate what they're doing so much, stop listening to them and get the fuck off this board! :p

I really like it. The lyrics are cheesy but it's feeling epic and I like the dark feel to the chorus :happy:

I've only been a Muse fan for just under a year and a half. I wish I'd discovered them sooner but I can't go back in time. that doesn't mean I'm wiiling to accept any old crap. My favourite albums are OOS and Absolution, but that doesn't mean I automatically dislike anything that came after them. Sure there are some bad songs but there more great songs. I'm just waiting with an open mind to see what this song is like in its entirety.

I became a fan during Absolution, and I don't find the song as bad as others say it is. I will admit, I DO miss the old Muse, but they say they want to experiment with new sounds. And so I say let them. They'll figure out what works and what doesn't.

I'm just gonna be here to support whatever they do. :)

:yesey:

I was a fan before BH&R/TR and I miss the old stuff, but we can't expect their sound to stay the same for all these years! I'm pretty open to anything new they throw at us (except Guiding Light) :chuckle:

All the people who are hating on it before it's released: FUCK OFF. First of all, you can't say you HATE it if you haven't heard the whole song, and if you really hate what they're doing so much, stop listening to them and get the fuck off this board!

That's not particularly constructive or helpful to the argument. People have different opinions to you. Get over it.

"old" muse and "new" muse are both great.

i love 'absolution' to death and it is one of my favorite records of all time. OoS is up there as well. 'showbiz' is awesome, too.

sure, BHaR and TR may not be as amazing as those records, but they are still amazing in their own ways.

it is waaaaaaay too early to judge this song based on 30 seconds.

and if you really dislike the "new" muse this much, well, there are lots of other bands out there. have at it.

Archived