It's very overrated on the board. Feels like it builds up to something and then it never does

Eh. I can see what you mean about the buildup, but in keeping with whatever concept was there about overuse of the commons, "unsustainability", and all that it seemed to stress that all that's left are machines/technology so I mentally picture while listening to that a sort of internet of things without users, so it starts soft, introduces more clips and voices and gets big then falls back to where it started. Personally I love the track, it along with some other songs on T2L I feel belonged to a future era, like Animals. Heck even Survival could have been retooled to fit on this album as well, although I still enjoy that track for what it is.

this thread is for controversial opinions not factually incorrect opinion.

Get out!

:phu:

With people saying The Globalist is a rip off, Isolated System kinda is in regards to Tubular Bells. Maybe not to the same extent, but still.

Eh. I can see what you mean about the buildup, but in keeping with whatever concept was there about overuse of the commons, "unsustainability", and all that it seemed to stress that all that's left are machines/technology so I mentally picture while listening to that a sort of internet of things without users, so it starts soft, introduces more clips and voices and gets big then falls back to where it started. Personally I love the track, it along with some other songs on T2L I feel belonged to a future era, like Animals. Heck even Survival could have been retooled to fit on this album as well, although I still enjoy that track for what it is.

Maybe saying pretty bad wasn't the right term, I don't strongly dislike it, it's overrated on the board

:phu:

With people saying The Globalist is a rip off, Isolated System kinda is in regards to Tubular Bells. Maybe not to the same extent, but still.

not at all the same thing. IS happens to sound (a very tiny little bit if at all) like Tubluar Bells. Globalist 'uses' other compositions. Completely different topics here. Even if it did, I'm not much against borrowing from other musicians as long as the end result is decent. Globalist isn't.

not at all the same thing. IS happens to sound (a very tiny little bit if at all) like Tubluar Bells. Globalist 'uses' other compositions. Completely different topics here. Even if it did, I'm not much against borrowing from other musicians as long as the end result is decent. Globalist isn't.

It is pretty much the same thing tbh, to a greater extent with The Globalist, but still the same. Also, TG > IS

:rolleyes:

It is pretty much the same thing tbh, to a greater extent with The Globalist, but still the same. Also, TG > IS

:rolleyes:

Sounding similar to another piece of music =/= using actual composition from another piece of music.

this is not even up for debate.