I think what he's trying to say is that such grandiloquence can only suit a song that is "supreme/absolute perfection", therefore Muse considered Survival to be that kind of song, whence the pretentious feeling.

Or am I wrong?

Seems something like that to me. I remember people saying similar things about the sound on Sacrament by Lamb of God- they felt the super-sized production had pretensions of epicness.

It definitely fits the song and flows into it nicely, it's just been done so many times by this point that it's boring as fuck.

As for Knights itself, I doubt I'd put it in my top 10 songs that I've seen live. There's quite a lot of other songs that I haven't seen that I'd put above it as well, but I guess that's a slightly less fair comparison. My top 10 probably looks something like this:

Hyper Music

Dead Star

Stockholm Syndrome

Dark Shines

Take A Bow

New Born (Leeds/Reading 2011 version, none of that slowed down, no piano bollocks)

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Unnatural Selection

Plug In Baby

Space Dementia

I'm at a disdvantage here because I've only been to one gig, so I'll concede that.

The lyrics, the vocal delivery, the over-the-topness, the choir... a silly song.

It's supposed to be silly!

I think hoodoo sucks majorly.

Exo-politics is the 2nd best song on BHAR

TIRO is balls, and I get embarrassed when playing it in the car with friends.

Cave is a top 5 muse track.

I love feeling good and don't understand the hate (it's an amazing cover of a good song)

I love feeling good and don't understand the hate (it's an amazing cover of a good song)

:pope::pope::pope:

Well, the second best not, but is not that bad

I love it, although I can understand what you think

Well, it's good, great even, but top 5... (for me at least not)

Yes, it's a great cover, but live it sucks.

:ohmy: the only thing i sort of agree with is feeling good. but the rest, that's bull.

This. TiRo is the song that got me into Muse, but that aside I struggle to see how someone who likes the band could hate it :noey:

It's boring and a waste of time. If Muse would at least have the decency to rotate it with Hysteria that would be fine.

This. TiRo is the song that got me into Muse, but that aside I struggle to see how someone who likes the band could hate it :noey:

I'd have to agree that it's kind of boring. When it first came out I pretty much just thought "Oh right Muse are doing radio-filler festival singalongs now I guess."

Granted a lot of it does have to do with the editing and processing but I just think it's really unique and cool how many different interesting sounds he produces with the guitar in the track.

:LOL: How can you tell what's Matt if it doesn't sound like his traditional guitar work?