I think people think CE is great because it's long and it changes, but somehow I find it kinda repetitive in a weird way. And I like Showbiz and Con-Science. Maybe because with the latter two are built on repetition whereas CE changes moods a lot but the chord progression doesn't really change much? I don't know what I"m talking about, sorry.

Intro

Verse

Chorus

Slow Verse

Solo

Chorus

Slow Verse

That's Citizen Erased if I remember correctly.

Yeah, that's it. I think it's also that it's long and drawn out which highlights the repetition, too. Also I have a massively short attention span. :dance:

I think people think CE is great because it's long and it changes, but somehow I find it kinda repetitive in a weird way. And I like Showbiz and Con-Science. Maybe because with the latter two are built on repetition whereas CE changes moods a lot but the chord progression doesn't really change much? I don't know what I"m talking about, sorry.

Maybe. But I just like it because it ...Clicks. I don't know :p I love the repetitive songs, Showbiz, Con-Science, New Born. Come to think of it, pretty much all of my favourites are repetitive :stunned: I don't really like songs because of how technically or musically good they are, the song just clicks with me and there's nothing else to it.

Maybe. But I just like it because it ...Clicks. I don't know :p I love the repetitive songs, Showbiz, Con-Science, New Born. Come to think of it, pretty much all of my favourites are repetitive :stunned: I don't really like songs because of how technically or musically good they are, the song just clicks with me and there's nothing else to it.

tbh, if that's why anyone listens to music, then Muse probably isn't the right band. :p

Yeah, that's it. I think it's also that it's long and drawn out which highlights the repetition, too. Also I have a massively short attention span. :dance:

Yeah, pretty much the same with me.

I think it just depends on my mood, though. Sometimes I'm like "OMG I love this song!!!1!1" but sometimes I just really want to skip to the ending. Depends on how patient I'm feeling :LOL:

I don't really like songs because of how technically or musically good they are, the song just clicks with me and there's nothing else to it.

Isn't that how Top 40 works? Not implying you are one of those people, of course, but in the end it's people who don't care much for talent that allow people like Kesha to be famous. Just because it's catchy.

Or have I misunderstood? :unsure:

Map of The Problematique has gotten better over the years live and should permanently stay on the setlist. It's way better than MK Ultra live as well.

While I definitely think MotP has gotten much better over the years... MK Ultra is fantastic live and I wish they'd play it more to see how it'll evolve. :(

...why does a song have to be musically impressive to be liked though?

It was more the Top 40 mentality I was getting at, but reading xbroken_ideals post again I think I misunderstood entirely. I mean, Stockholm Syndrome isn't exactly revolutionary but it is one of my favourite songs because they do it well, therefore it clicks.

Matt should use his keytar for Undisclosed Desires live.....thats about it.

Something like throwing it in a bin. That'd be interesting enough for me.

:LOL::LOL: But seriously, he has the thing, at least do something worthwhile on it.

...kinda like that kaoss pad, eh? Such wasted potential. :noey: He even said it himself that he doesn't use it as much as he should. :LOL:

:LOL::LOL: But seriously, he has the thing, at least do something worthwhile on it.

...kinda like that kaoss pad, eh? Such wasted potential. :noey: He even said it himself that he doesn't use it as much as he should. :LOL:

I agree about the Kaoss pad. Atleast make a nice tasty Jam out of it or something.

Isn't that how Top 40 works? Not implying you are one of those people, of course, but in the end it's people who don't care much for talent that allow people like Kesha to be famous. Just because it's catchy.

Or have I misunderstood? :unsure:

Oh, I'm not really sure what you're getting at... I don't like songs that are all in all completely musically shite, but I won't dislike a song because its lyrics are a little ridiculous, or something, like Sober. Or something like HT&ILY- We all know it isn't the best song musically, but the emotion in the song just gets me. I have no idea what I am talking about, to be honest. I have no idea how to explain this.

It was more the Top 40 mentality I was getting at, but reading xbroken_ideals post again I think I misunderstood entirely. I mean, Stockholm Syndrome isn't exactly revolutionary but it is one of my favourite songs because they do it well, therefore it clicks.

Yes.. This. This is what I'm talking about.