Cincinnati/Columbus Dynamic Duo

Steampunklibrarian

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to both!!!!!

:dance: Alot of us will be at both! :D

I know it would make more sense to hold our conversations HERE, instead of just on the Columbus thread, So I'll try...

For those of you needing a hotel room in Columbus, book it SOON. Gretchen, (Hunterrunfarm) on this thread, informed us that Horse Congress is that week in Columbus; horses (and people) come from all over the country. I guess that means heavy traffic, too. At least 5 of us are already booked at the Red Roof Inn which I think is the closest hotel to the Schott. Center. I know it's not the cleanest, but it's close.

Only 94 more days (i think...if my countdown thingy on facebook is correct!) That's not so bad!!! :D

I know it would make more sense to hold our conversations HERE, instead of just on the Columbus thread, So I'll try...

It does make sense to post here, instead of repeating ourselves in 3 threads:p

Ive been neglecting Doris lately. (but I talk to most of you on facebook anyway:LOL:)

Its 92 days now! :dance:

We are going to the Bengals game on Sunday in Cincy, so we are going to stay in Cincy Sunday night and Monday night. :D We are only about 35 min away in Columbus, so I probably won't be getting a hotel. Hubby is whining about going to both so I might take my niece (shes 22) to one or both gigs. She is way more fun. :D But of course he's coming to the Bengals game:rolleyes:

I hope Dom wears his lovely wardrobe when he comes to Ohio.:chuckle:

127922441.jpg.1e11d954e8f9cde5c094bf64db4e4cad.jpg

gagadomdom.jpg.54622949b194bd1d5111c2d2fc40a0b3.jpg

I hope Dom wears his lovely wardrobe when he comes to Ohio.:chuckle:

That outfit just kills me. I end up in fits of giggles every time I look at the pics. Like right now... just made the mistake of looking at them - I'm sure my coworkers think I've lost the plot again! :chuckle:

91 days to :musesign:

That outfit just kills me. I end up in fits of giggles every time I look at the pics. Like right now... just made the mistake of looking at them - I'm sure my coworkers think I've lost the plot again! :chuckle:

91 days to :musesign:

You've lost the plot? Just imagine the looks I got from my daughters friends moms when we had little green aliens at her B-Day party today! :chuckle:Most of them haven't heard of Muse.:mad:

91 days !!!!! Its going to be SO much FUN!!

Here is a pic of my daughters cake (most of you already saw it on facebook;))

now she wants a "future .mu forum member" shirt.:LOL:

90822318_RachaelsMusecake.jpg.d04c8c2ff7635fc1d131dcbf7846159e.jpg

You've lost the plot? Just imagine the looks I got from my daughters friends moms when we had little green aliens at her B-Day party today! :chuckle:Most of them haven't heard of Muse.:mad:

91 days !!!!! Its going to be SO much FUN!!

Here is a pic of my daughters cake (most of you already saw it on facebook;))

now she wants a "future .mu forum member" shirt.:LOL:

Only a Muser would understand! Those mums don't know what they're missing! :noey:

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this on the Columbus thread. But THIS, of all things, should be posted HERE: (it's about the US Gig Appreciation Project, so it applies to those of going to either or both of these shows) (BOTH!!!!! :musesign::dance: )

ahhh I see, ok well yeah I'm not one to do something like that on my own either :LOL:

this is for the gig appreciation project, we have TiRO. But I wonder about the deadline being August? It'd be nice if we could do it those couple days since everyone would be there.

Maybe we could do this in small groups, and then someone could cut/splice the videos together? (Anyone know how to do this?) Like, Gretchen, Lora, and I (and our kids) could do part of TiRO (I've been hoping to meet you in person, and get our kids together), and you guys near Toronto could get together and do it, too. But I know that's not EVERYONE. We're all so far apart geographically, it is obviously impossible to do this *easily* ;) . Do any of you already have plans to make a video? We can't NOT do any video for this since it's called an "Appreciation Project" and I, for one, am full of appreciation that they are playing TWICE in Ohio, of all places...

I posted this on the Columbus thread. But THIS, of all things, should be posted HERE: (it's about the US Gig Appreciation Project, so it applies to those of going to either or both of these shows) (BOTH!!!!! :musesign::dance: )

Maybe we could do this in small groups, and then someone could cut/splice the videos together? (Anyone know how to do this?) Like, Gretchen, Lora, and I (and our kids) could do part of TiRO (I've been hoping to meet you in person, and get our kids together), and you guys near Toronto could get together and do it, too. But I know that's not EVERYONE. We're all so far apart geographically, it is obviously impossible to do this *easily* ;) . Do any of you already have plans to make a video? We can't NOT do any video for this since it's called an "Appreciation Project" and I, for one, am full of appreciation that they are playing TWICE in Ohio, of all places...

I'll do it, it'd be fun to get with you guys...It did say we could lip sync or whatever...just as long as I dont have to sing on the thing myself!!:$:p Rachael said she'd do it:LOL:

It would def be fun to get our kids together and try this! And of course we'll be singing for real and not lip synching!! Come on Gretchen!!

I didn't have plans to; I'm a bit shy when it comes to stuff like this. But since you all want to do this, I'll get over it and be a part of it!!

Oh and I just have to share:

My flights are booked! :dance: It's sinking in now... I'M GOING TO SEE MUSE AGAIN (AND TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW NO LESS)!! EEEEEKK!!! :musesign:

And I get to hang out with some awesome Musers! :dance:

Is it October yet??! :LOL:

For all thinking of going to the zoo or something in Columbus, I highly suggest it. It is really fantastic :) I'm going to the Columbus show, we're meeting friends down there who are going to OSU. I can hardly waitttt :D

I was just at the zoo 2 days ago with my kids! Polar bears, tigers, and baby lions - how cute!! :D

For all thinking of going to the zoo or something in Columbus, I highly suggest it. It is really fantastic :) I'm going to the Columbus show, we're meeting friends down there who are going to OSU. I can hardly waitttt :D

I also recommend COSI (science & technology muse-E-um).

And sort of near Cincinati, there is a huge international food market called Jungle Jim's (http://www.junglejims.com) that I really want to check out. They say it's "part food-market, part theme park". I've heard that it takes a few hours to visit that place, though.

I can't wait 'till October! I've been reading 'Out of This World - The Story of Muse', and am so psyched to see them again! And again!

And sort of near Cincinati, there is a huge international food market called Jungle Jim's (http://www.junglejims.com) that I really want to check out. They say it's "part food-market, part theme park". I've heard that it takes a few hours to visit that place, though.

I can't wait 'till October! I've been reading 'Out of This World - The Story of Muse', and am so psyched to see them again! And again!

Oh man, COSI would be fun. Too bad we won't be seeing much of Columbus since we'll be spending the day in the queue! Ah well, we'll get up to some shenanigans in Cincinnati! :LOL:

Oh man, COSI is a must :D So much fun. I'm so pumped for thisssssssss

It would def be fun to get our kids together and try this! And of course we'll be singing for real and not lip synching!! Come on Gretchen!!

I'll do it, it'd be fun to get with you guys...It did say we could lip sync or whatever...just as long as I dont have to sing on the thing myself!!:$:p Rachael said she'd do it:LOL:

I didn't have plans to; I'm a bit shy when it comes to stuff like this. But since you all want to do this, I'll get over it and be a part of it!!

Hey Guys, I'm glad you want to do this...it's something to do to keep our minds occupied 'til October!

Gretchen and Lora, I had an idea about it. Maybe we could meet at COSI with our daughters and film the kids (and us, too, with our .MU shirts, of course) just playing around at the museum and singing along to the song? I talked to Antonia about it (my 10 year old) and she actually came up with some fun ideas! Like, for "I think I'm drowing" we could be in that submarine place (I'm glad she didn't think of the Titanic for that line...that would be too tasteless!). And then I thought the kids could be playing that pinball machine in the 1950's diner for "I wanna play the game". And definately scenes in the Space exhibit. These are just ideas to show you how fun this could be and how nerdy I am. And my ulterior motive is to lure the guys* to COSI on Oct. 13....once they see how fun it is, they won't be able to resist! :LOL: (* you know, as if they might see the video :LOL: )

And if you happen to live far away, like in Nova Scotia, for example, you can record what you want, and we'll find someone who knows how to put videos together (hopefully) so it would all be 1 video. (and anyone else interested, wherever you are, of course you should be involved too)

I'm not even sure if this is what the creators of this project were imagining...? If you think I'm way off-base, let me know. I think I'm in one of my manic phases, btw.:eek:

Update on the project

Appreciation Project Update

Hi guys

Thank you for writing back to us!

So here's the situation...

So far, only 10 people (yes, TEN) have shown interest in participating. This definately isn't enough to do the project to the fullest extent that we wanted to!

So we're making a big change.

We're just going to make 2 vids for the 2 songs that had the most votes

Knights of Cydonia

and

Stockholm Syndrome

So we're letting everyone who still wants to be involved pick one of those two songs to do, or you can do BOTH if you want and maybe mix it up a little for each vid (that's what I'm doing! ) We wanted to let you guys know about the change before you went ahead and made your vids.

Sorry about this! But we really think it's the best option while still keeping the project alive! Please tell anyone you know who might have been thinking about participating as well! We really want this to happen!!!

And please just give me a quick response (if you can) with which song you wanna do, or if you're planning on doing both

Thankssssss!

--TrebleRose689

I was just at the zoo 2 days ago with my kids! Polar bears, tigers, and baby lions - how cute!! :D

I LOVE the polar bear exhibit, where they can swim above you.

I have that book:LOL:

Oh man, COSI would be fun. Too bad we won't be seeing much of Columbus since we'll be spending the day in the queue! Ah well, we'll get up to some shenanigans in Cincinnati! :LOL:

In Cincy we are going to the Bengals game on Sunday...if anyone wants to go...Ochocinco and T.O.:LOL: ...(yes we now have T.O....Im not sure if that is good or bad. ) I will have a Quarter Horse Congress pass for C-bus if any wants to go there:p

Hey Guys, I'm glad you want to do this...it's something to do to keep our minds occupied 'til October!

Gretchen and Lora, I had an idea about it. Maybe we could meet at COSI with our daughters and film the kids (and us, too, with our .MU shirts, of course) just playing around at the museum and singing along to the song? I talked to Antonia about it (my 10 year old) and she actually came up with some fun ideas! Like, for "I think I'm drowing" we could be in that submarine place (I'm glad she didn't think of the Titanic for that line...that would be too tasteless!). And then I thought the kids could be playing that pinball machine in the 1950's diner for "I wanna play the game". And definately scenes in the Space exhibit. These are just ideas to show you how fun this could be and how nerdy I am. And my ulterior motive is to lure the guys* to COSI on Oct. 13....once they see how fun it is, they won't be able to resist! :LOL: (* you know, as if they might see the video :LOL: )

And if you happen to live far away, like in Nova Scotia, for example, you can record what you want, and we'll find someone who knows how to put videos together (hopefully) so it would all be 1 video. (and anyone else interested, wherever you are, of course you should be involved too)

I'm not even sure if this is what the creators of this project were imagining...? If you think I'm way off-base, let me know. I think I'm in one of my manic phases, btw.:eek:

That would be awesome, to go to COSI and do it. We havent been there this year. Rachael wanted to do the shuffle with the other kids for TIRO. Those were great ideas....but I guess it looks like our song changed...it'd still be fun to do it at COSI though!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Just trying to keep this thread going...it makes sense to post here since much of what we discuss is the whole Ohio experience, not just Columbus...but still it's hard to break the habit of posting just on the Columbus or Cincinnati thread. Weird!:confused:

Did you hear about the T-shirt designing contest?! (someone posted on the Columbus thread). The Grand Prize winner gets tickets and transportation to the Columbus show, AND MEETS MUSE! :musesign: Wish I could think of something for a shirt...

October is just around the corner! We should get our tickets soon! :)

Archived