Cincinnati/Columbus Dynamic Duo

Steampunklibrarian

Just trying to keep this thread going...it makes sense to post here since much of what we discuss is the whole Ohio experience, not just Columbus...but still it's hard to break the habit of posting just on the Columbus or Cincinnati thread. Weird!:confused:

Did you hear about the T-shirt designing contest?! (someone posted on the Columbus thread). The Grand Prize winner gets tickets and transportation to the Columbus show, AND MEETS MUSE! :musesign: Wish I could think of something for a shirt...

October is just around the corner! We should get our tickets soon! :)

I think Ive been in zombie land all weekend, I just heard about it. :noey::fear: Id like to do it, but right now all the creative energy has been zapped out of me. but WOW to get to meet MUSE! and the runner ups get 1 of everything from the merch booth??:awesome: that'd be so awesome...of course I will prob be spending tons of $ there anyway:D I might end up spending less than I hope to, Rachael wants to lease a horse to show for next yr (and yes, I am aware that we already own 5, my hubby pointed that out) and the insurance $ is due then, since that is our fair week and she wants to show it then.:( It is so hard to balance out my horse habit and my Muse habit:chuckle:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm going to school at University of Cincinnati and have tickets to both the cincinnati and columbus gigs. :D The only problem is that I don't have a car on campus :'( I NEED to go to the columbus show because I have GA tickets but I have no way to get there!!! Is there anyone here who's not opposed to car pooling?

Hi! I felt like waking up this thread! :LOL:

So I was searching for any info on the tshirt contest and found another site called http://www.muselive.com. I'm sure I've been there before, but not for a while. Anyways, they have a story that is listed as sourced from NME that says:

Muse's Matt Bellamy has said that he is thinking about writing a "more personal" music project following the band's recent epic albums and shows.

The band are set to play Wembley Stadium on Friday and Saturday (September 10 and 11), but the singer/guitarist has said that, after those shows, he will work on material that would be more fitting for smaller venues.

"I feel like we can't go much bigger in terms of the kinds of concerts we're playing," he told Time Out. "Weirdly, that seems to have coincided with my personal life destabilising about a year ago. I split from a relationship… I was doing lots of self-analysing."

He added: "I sense that that's going to lead to a writing project that will be more personal, rather than talking about grand political concerns. That itself might lead to material that's more suitable for smaller venues."

I like the sound of this! Maybe it will be a turn towards more of what they used to do? I never got to see Showbiz and OoS live, so I hope that everyone requesting those songs for the festivals this summer has sparked something in them!

Hi! I felt like waking up this thread! :LOL:

So I was searching for any info on the tshirt contest and found another site called http://www.muselive.com. I'm sure I've been there before, but not for a while. Anyways, they have a story that is listed as sourced from NME that says:

Muse's Matt Bellamy has said that he is thinking about writing a "more personal" music project following the band's recent epic albums and shows.

The band are set to play Wembley Stadium on Friday and Saturday (September 10 and 11), but the singer/guitarist has said that, after those shows, he will work on material that would be more fitting for smaller venues.

"I feel like we can't go much bigger in terms of the kinds of concerts we're playing," he told Time Out. "Weirdly, that seems to have coincided with my personal life destabilising about a year ago. I split from a relationship… I was doing lots of self-analysing."

He added: "I sense that that's going to lead to a writing project that will be more personal, rather than talking about grand political concerns. That itself might lead to material that's more suitable for smaller venues."

I like the sound of this! Maybe it will be a turn towards more of what they used to do? I never got to see Showbiz and OoS live, so I hope that everyone requesting those songs for the festivals this summer has sparked something in them!

This article is in the media section ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I think I forgot about it because the Cincy and Columbus threads are both so busy now! :D

I know I cant keep up. :facepalm:

I called the school today and asked the sec. how to take Rachael out for "fair" (our fair is the Oct 11-16) she is in cloverbuds, but too young for 4H until next year. The 4H kids take all week out to show their projects. I told the sec she was showing and needed to take her out...she told me to write a note and she would "check the list" from the fairboard to see if shes on there:eek: She is showing on Friday, but the kids dont have school on Thurs or Fri anyway. I thought it would go over easier than "I need to take her out for 3 days for Muse" :p Might not work. Ugh. I might have to use the Quarter Horse Congress excuse with it. We dont have horses there this year, but have in the past. :ninja:

I know I cant keep up. :facepalm:

I called the school today and asked the sec. how to take Rachael out for "fair" (our fair is the Oct 11-16) she is in cloverbuds, but too young for 4H until next year. The 4H kids take all week out to show their projects. I told the sec she was showing and needed to take her out...she told me to write a note and she would "check the list" from the fairboard to see if shes on there:eek: She is showing on Friday, but the kids dont have school on Thurs or Fri anyway. I thought it would go over easier than "I need to take her out for 3 days for Muse" :p Might not work. Ugh. I might have to use the Quarter Horse Congress excuse with it. We dont have horses there this year, but have in the past. :ninja:

Picky secretary! At my kids' school, they just ask for a form that the parents and teacher sign and it gets turned in and that is that! I can't believe they would check on you!

Picky secretary! At my kids' school, they just ask for a form that the parents and teacher sign and it gets turned in and that is that! I can't believe they would check on you!

Last year I took her out to show on Monday, open pony show, and Friday, open horse show, but they were out Friday anyway. I wrote a note, and made sure she got the make up work done. I dont know if its changed or if its because I want to take her out all 3 days? Its a short week, they can't get much done anyway. Maybe because so many try to take the week off for fair when they really arent there :unsure::ninja: (but she IS showing there...just on Friday:LOL:) The teacher lives down the road for us. His wife was her teacher last year, they know we have horses and she shows, maybe the secretary didn't believe me?

Oh, I really wanted to go to these shows. But I really can't afford to go to more than one show this fall. :'( Plus, I didn't realize that Cincinnati is only a 4 hour drive from me and Raleigh is 6. Oh well. It all seems to be working out for the best, so I'm happy. I'm seeing MUUUUUUUSE!!!! :awesome:

Archived