Cincinnati/Columbus Dynamic Duo

Steampunklibrarian

Thanks for the hotel tip.

Dang it! My daughters' birthdays are Oct. 7 and Oct. 13, and that is usually a busy time for us. It will NOT go over well with kids and dad that I'll be gone (like, seriously gone into another dimension!) right in the middle of all that. I don't want to tell them about this. And I still haven't told them about the Sacramento trip.:(

I normally only post in Cincy thread but you win - I only had a whole trip to England to either reschedule or to get a refund on our Muse tickets.:stunned:

Maybe we should give Chris a baby shower...from up front at the Columbus show, we could literally shower him with baby gifts. Normally I would giggle at this, but I'm still not so happy about this change....everything was so perfect before...it'll take time to adjust. And I'm so sorry for all of you with real huge adjustments to deal with, like flights and work schedules and stuff.

Maybe we should give Chris a baby shower...from up front at the Columbus show, we could literally shower him with baby gifts. Normally I would giggle at this, but I'm still not so happy about this change....everything was so perfect before...it'll take time to adjust. And I'm so sorry for all of you with real huge adjustments to deal with, like flights and work schedules and stuff.

Forget the baby gifts - condoms, tellies and subscription to Netflix seem to be in order! :LOL: JK

ok...I just tried to multiquote, but this piece of crap dinosaur computer I use here at work wont do it.:(............baby shower, shower with gifts, and condoms...:LOL: :LOL: (baby #5...WOW, Doesn't Chris know he's supposed to schedule this stuff during off tour times? hahaha)

ok...I just tried to multiquote, but this piece of crap dinosaur computer I use here at work wont do it.:(............baby shower, shower with gifts, and condoms...:LOL: :LOL: (baby #5...WOW, Doesn't Chris know he's supposed to schedule this stuff during off tour times? hahaha)

maybe they thought love would be their resistance :facepalm: ... I'll get me coat

FWIW concertmaps have contacted all ticketholders to respond if they don't want their tickets by 1pm on May 28th.

So there may be all sorts of availability at that point.

Strange, I haven't gotten the email yet... must be lost in cyberspace! We're still going to these shows, but are now looking for 3 GA tickets for Columbus (we're holding on to our seated tickets until we know we have GA, so won't be asking for a refund - we'll just sell them on Musebay or something).

Wow we are really lucky they didn't cancel these two shows! I wonder why they didn't reschedule Kansas City and St Louis for the same week these shows are in? Now they have a break from October 12th until the 21st..

I guess that also means they won't be announcing any more dates for those poor fans in Florida :(

Strange, I haven't gotten the email yet... must be lost in cyberspace! We're still going to these shows, but are now looking for 3 GA tickets for Columbus (we're holding on to our seated tickets until we know we have GA, so won't be asking for a refund - we'll just sell them on Musebay or something).

I haven't gotten an email either-- Does it say they will be auto-cancelled if there's no reply? Or just 'if you want a refund let us know' kind of thing?

I am now hoping to come across some decent tickets for Cincy. I am super scared of heights and don't know how high the venue is so I may just not go so I don't have to worry about it, but if the right offer is made at the right time I might just go to both.

I am excited that we won't have to queue up in snow in Columbus though. That was scaring me.

Poo. I am finding it hard to be really upset because - Yea! Baby and all - but Poo.

I know there are several people who were traveling FAR to see these guys and I was one of them. Now. Dunno if it will work. A Monday and a Tuesday plus a Wednesday to travel off of work when I only get 2 personal days to begin with. Hotel stays that are booked and non-refundable so will have to shell out more. Already bought plane tickets with mega fees to transfer days.

Pooie I say.

Poo.

I haven't gotten an email either-- Does it say they will be auto-cancelled if there's no reply? Or just 'if you want a refund let us know' kind of thing?

I am now hoping to come across some decent tickets for Cincy. I am super scared of heights and don't know how high the venue is so I may just not go so I don't have to worry about it, but if the right offer is made at the right time I might just go to both.

I am excited that we won't have to queue up in snow in Columbus though. That was scaring me.

Someone posted the email in the Cincinnati thread - it just says respond to that email by 1PM on May 28th if you need a refund. So yeah, because my group and I don't need a refund it's not a big deal that I never got the email. Just weird is all! :LOL:

I was worried about snow too! But mostly because I was worried about travel delays (since I'm coming so far!). We weren't able to get to the venue early enough on the original date to queue for Columbus so we had seats there. Now we can do GA because Columbus is the 2nd show now!

Poo. I am finding it hard to be really upset because - Yea! Baby and all - but Poo.

I know there are several people who were traveling FAR to see these guys and I was one of them. Now. Dunno if it will work. A Monday and a Tuesday plus a Wednesday to travel off of work when I only get 2 personal days to begin with. Hotel stays that are booked and non-refundable so will have to shell out more. Already bought plane tickets with mega fees to transfer days.

Pooie I say.

Poo.

That sucks the hotel is non-refundable. And yeah, those fees to change dates on airfare are ridiculous. I almost thought the new dates wouldn't work for me because it's right in the middle of our year end - I mean the reason I was going to these shows and not any of the ones in October (like the Quebec City one - much closer and cheaper for me to get to!) was because of year end. When I saw the new dates, my heart sank because I thought for sure I wouldn't be allowed the time off. But amazingly my boss said yes. So big sigh of relief for me. I'm lucky - our Thanksgiving is on October 11th, so I only have to take 2 vacation days instead of 3 (and only have to make up 2 days instead of 3 too! :LOL: ).

I hope you're able to make it work!!

Hotel stuff....

Gretchen informed us that hotels will book up fast in Columbus because of a horse show. I was planning on staying at the Red Roof Inn in Columbus...just a place to crash, then leave for Cincinnati. And then staying at the Hyatt in Cincinnati, where everyone would be partying after that show..."the last show of the tour"....and on a Saturday night, too.

So now with the new dates...what are your thoughts? Where are you staying in Columbus?

Hotel stuff....

Gretchen informed us that hotels will book up fast in Columbus because of a horse show. I was planning on staying at the Red Roof Inn in Columbus...just a place to crash, then leave for Cincinnati. And then staying at the Hyatt in Cincinnati, where everyone would be partying after that show..."the last show of the tour"....and on a Saturday night, too.

So now with the new dates...what are your thoughts? Where are you staying in Columbus?

We're planning on staying at the Red Roof Inn Monday and Tuesday - we're driving up right after the Cincinnati show since we'll be queueing in the morning. We're hopefully booking it soon, I'm glad Gretchen told us about the horse show! Although I think we would have booked soon any way, but at least we all know about it now!

• 2 weeks later...

Pooie I say.

Poo.

Have you figured out if you'll be able to make it? I know it is very extremely far for you and not on a weekend and all that...hope things work out well for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived