Cincinnati/Columbus Dynamic Duo

Steampunklibrarian

Hi there!

First time I have EVER started a thread. I was getting dizzy going back and forth so I thought I would grab at this one, making a thread for those of us Musers going to BOTH the Cincinnati and Columbus dates.

Completely useless? I dunno. just thought I'd try it.

My boi and I are traveling all the way from ND to see Muse twice in the same weekend. This will be the first time either of us have seen Muse live. And it's a roadie!

So advice for Muse concert newbies?

What is the drive like between the two cities? We are doing the car rental thingy.

What is the weather like at that time of year? We can be 10 feet deep in cold snow by the beginning of November, should Mother Nature decide it so.

Columbus and Cincinnati are perfect for me!! :D We are 30 min from Cbus and Cincy is 2 hrs from here. I wanted to go to Detroit last month, but couldn't make it, wow, now I'll be able to do 2 in 1 weekend (and wont have to have anyone come in and take care of the horses:p ....unless there is a home Bengals game on Sunday, then we will have to stay in Cincy.:LOL:)

Making the trip out from Seattle for both. Will need my Muse fix after Wembley and nothing on the West Coast is working for me. Back to back gigs in Ohio, with one on a weekend, works out perfectly for me. Even got a free flight back home thanks to my rewards program. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Musers. Good times will be had.

Best of luck to you all with the presale tomorrow.

Trying to talk my husband into letting me go to both dates. I've got him sold on Minneapolis and Milwaukee but he's not even willing to talk to me about any other shows. Our anniversary is in November and he thinks we should save up for a trip together. And he is NOT a Muse fan- he really doesn't like their music at all so that idea's out. :LOL: Maybe I can beg and plead and tell him that that would be my anniversary present & Christmas present combined....

It will be interesting to compare the songs played between the two Ohio shows. They would have to know that people are going to try and go to both, being they are so close together right?? So possibly switching things up a bit?? :happy:

Oh that'd be so cool if they change them some! Oh, well, I really dont care what they play...I love all their songs and would be happy with any. :D

Southern Ohio is *usually* spared snow that early in November. Columbus and Cincy don't get lake effect snow the way that Cleveland and Toledo do. Of course one never knows... but chances are better than not that the weather will still be autumn-like, not wintry. Pittsburgh tends to get the same sort of weather as Columbus that time of year, and we rarely, RARELY see snow that early. In fact, sometimes it can still be quite warm in early November.

Thanks for the tips. Weather becomes important when you are escaping from the winter wonderland of the North. Sorta want to go someplace warm-er. But then I will be warm enough crowded with all these Musers bouncing at the show! :)

It will be interesting to compare the songs played between the two Ohio shows. They would have to know that people are going to try and go to both, being they are so close together right?? So possibly switching things up a bit?? :happy:

When I saw them back-to-back nights in Cleveland and Columbus in 2006 the sets were nearly identical. I think that they switched in only one different song in Columbus.

Archived